Cloverfield on DVD April 22nd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoshopmagician

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is anyone else really disappointed that Paramount built up this entire hype, still continued to the hype after the movie came out, and then they kill it with a normal looking DVD cover. Nothing about it is really original, basically the poster on a DVD case. There were SO MANY possibilities when it came to packaging, and they decided to do nothing special.

dvd550.jpg

True it looks like a standard looking DVD cover-- but it is THE image associated with the movie. The cover does make sense even if it isn't re-inventing the wheel.

I like the cover/poster. I think it's very iconic. I just don't like the quote.

I can't even imagine watching this one on dvd. It was fun ride in a dark crowded theater on a ginormous screen, I just don't see that experience translating at all.

Anyone have any ideas what the alternate endings are? I don't remember hearing about them before. Is one of the endings where the Cloverfield monster gets tired and decides to take a carriage ride through the park?

Anyone have any ideas what the alternate endings are? I don't remember hearing about them before. Is one of the endings where the Cloverfield monster gets tired and decides to take a carriage ride through the park?

One of the endings has the couple survive and then in Madison Square Garden they find hundreds of Cloverfield Monster eggs and then they all hatch... Wait a second... That ending'd suck.:monkey1

:rolleyes:

One of the endings has the couple survive and then in Madison Square Garden they find hundreds of Cloverfield Monster eggs and then they all hatch... Wait a second... That ending'd suck.:monkey1

:rolleyes:

The other one has the survivors taking control of the Statue of Liberty powered by the music of Jackie Wilson to battle the monster.

So I finally watched this. It was a decent film, but I didn't care for the "no resolution" ending. I mean I get that that's how it's "supposed" to be. It's all "Blair Witch" with the not really getting to know anything about what's going on because it's a story told from a "now filming" point of view and that's cool to a point, but I wanted to know more. Oh well, decnet flick and I'll watch it again, but I don't like seeing a movie and having that "WTF happened to" feeling at the end of it.

So I finally watched this. It was a decent film, but I didn't care for the "no resolution" ending. I mean I get that that's how it's "supposed" to be. It's all "Blair Witch" with the not really getting to know anything about what's going on because it's a story told from a "now filming" point of view and that's cool to a point, but I wanted to know more. Oh well, decnet flick and I'll watch it again, but I don't like seeing a movie and having that "WTF happened to" feeling at the end of it.

You'll watch it again on BLU :D :naughty

That's JJ Abrams for ya. He's all about mysterious plots, just look at LOST. I loved how it ended, and if you followed the viral marketing it's not much of an abrupt ending.

Back