Cloverfield figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i saw those back when the movie just came out, so i can't find the pics anymore.
and i didn't see the krypt clovey on their website. but, i remember seeing it then, too. looked kinda cool.

I'm new here but I decided to post about my experiences getting my Cloverfield figure from Hasbrotoyshop.com. Now not withstanding, I'm very pleased with what Hasbro has turned out. This is probably the coolest, most collectible thing Hasbro has ever turned out. Quality is very good, could be better in a few areas and I wish he had been a little bigger, say 20 inches tall to go with my Marui R/C Godzilla. My big Biollante Godzilla can just ram into him a couple of times and Clover goes down hard. But that's just nitpicking. Like I said this is probably the coolest thing Hasbro has turned out in their history considering this was a fairly hard PG-13 horror/scifi film and the figure was marketed for adults only. Reminds me of Kenner's Alien toy back in 1979. So I'm pleased with the figure. But not with Hasbro, Hasbrotoyshop.com, and their customer service. I went through the cancelling debacle like everyone and once that had gotten straigtened out (or so I thought) by me calling them, they cancelled my order once again stating I was supposed to call them about the prior order. Strange, I DID that! There was plenty of confusion on what was going on by the CSRs who work at this place which I guess in this day and age is to be expected. So the long and short of it, my order got cancelled not once, not twice, but three times. Finally, after reordering on Dec. 3, my card was finally charged with an expected shipping date of 12/13 (for express shipping). That was 10 days later but oh well. Well, 12/13 came and went and there was no email from Hasbro concerning where my shipment was so on Monday, 12/15 I called them once again and was told by a CSR that my order would ship on Tuesday, 12/16 as my order was down at the Chino, CA warehouse being preparted to ship on this date. So on Tuesday, 12/16 at about 4:00pm CST I got an email from Hasbro stating that my order had indeed shipped so I clicked on the link to get a tracking number for FEDEX and I took said tracking number to the FEDEX website. And this is where the fun begins. The tracking number stated that my Clover figure had been shipped on Friday, 12/12 and was at a FEDEX facility an hour away being prepared to ship back to Hasbro's Chino facility due to an incorrect address being placed on the shipping label. A call to Hasbro confirmed that they had my correct shipping address in their system and they would investigate. I just told them not to worry about it because as I told the CSR this time, you idiots will never get a single dime from me ever again. I called FEDEX myself and had them track my Clover figure to that same FEDEX facility I mentioned before I told them to hold it there and I would make the trip an hour away to pick it up after work. Did I mention, there was freezing rain coming down at the time. No. Okay there was. To make a long story short, I got the box back home at about 10pm after a rather uneventful trip through the ice and snow of St. Louis, MO. Clover was in good shape but my nerves were bit fried. All of this could have been eliminated by Hasbro actually caring about their customers who keep them in business. What's more, these douchebags better start caring a little more, or they're going to end going under like all the other corporations that are filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy...

Having finally seen the film, and the toy, I have to say that this is, without a doubt, the GOOFIEST looking thing I've ever seen. Toho couldn't have beaten it...PS

thanks for your expert opinions guys. better hurry and get the figure, EE got a limited supply.

I'm new here but I decided to post about my experiences getting my Cloverfield figure from Hasbrotoyshop.com. Now not withstanding, I'm very pleased with what Hasbro has turned out. This is probably the coolest, most collectible thing Hasbro has ever turned out. Quality is very good, could be better in a few areas and I wish he had been a little bigger, say 20 inches tall to go with my Marui R/C Godzilla. My big Biollante Godzilla can just ram into him a couple of times and Clover goes down hard. But that's just nitpicking. Like I said this is probably the coolest thing Hasbro has turned out in their history considering this was a fairly hard PG-13 horror/scifi film and the figure was marketed for adults only. Reminds me of Kenner's Alien toy back in 1979. So I'm pleased with the figure. But not with Hasbro, Hasbrotoyshop.com, and their customer service. I went through the cancelling debacle like everyone and once that had gotten straigtened out (or so I thought) by me calling them, they cancelled my order once again stating I was supposed to call them about the prior order. Strange, I DID that! There was plenty of confusion on what was going on by the CSRs who work at this place which I guess in this day and age is to be expected. So the long and short of it, my order got cancelled not once, not twice, but three times. Finally, after reordering on Dec. 3, my card was finally charged with an expected shipping date of 12/13 (for express shipping). That was 10 days later but oh well. Well, 12/13 came and went and there was no email from Hasbro concerning where my shipment was so on Monday, 12/15 I called them once again and was told by a CSR that my order would ship on Tuesday, 12/16 as my order was down at the Chino, CA warehouse being preparted to ship on this date. So on Tuesday, 12/16 at about 4:00pm CST I got an email from Hasbro stating that my order had indeed shipped so I clicked on the link to get a tracking number for FEDEX and I took said tracking number to the FEDEX website. And this is where the fun begins. The tracking number stated that my Clover figure had been shipped on Friday, 12/12 and was at a FEDEX facility an hour away being prepared to ship back to Hasbro's Chino facility due to an incorrect address being placed on the shipping label. A call to Hasbro confirmed that they had my correct shipping address in their system and they would investigate. I just told them not to worry about it because as I told the CSR this time, you idiots will never get a single dime from me ever again. I called FEDEX myself and had them track my Clover figure to that same FEDEX facility I mentioned before I told them to hold it there and I would make the trip an hour away to pick it up after work. Did I mention, there was freezing rain coming down at the time. No. Okay there was. To make a long story short, I got the box back home at about 10pm after a rather uneventful trip through the ice and snow of St. Louis, MO. Clover was in good shape but my nerves were bit fried. All of this could have been eliminated by Hasbro actually caring about their customers who keep them in business. What's more, these douchebags better start caring a little more, or they're going to end going under like all the other corporations that are filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy...

Enter/Return key... :huh

Maglor, sorry about that. I think that was my first post here going back nearly three years. How time flies. That was a helluva experience with that thing.

Love that figure though. I may score another one from EE just to keep it in the box.

Negative, OP bumped thread with relevant info. :wave

I liked the movie, but I'm not a real big fan of the monster design. The parasite beasts were awesome though.

Back