Clash of the titans remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all sounds good, I'd love to see a whole series of movies depicting Greek Mythology.
I hope this "of course there will be the Kraken!" "a different Kraken." means they'll change the Kraken to the original Greek Ketos monster.

Here are the first on set pictures of the movie
Sam Worthington looks set for big things
clash1-1.jpg

clash2.jpg

clash3.jpg

clash1-1.jpg

With Pete Postlethwaite, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston and Gemma Arterton all in this movie
I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is old news as its from about a month ago, but I've only just found out about this so I thought you guys would be interested. From www.comingsoon.net

Kasdan Penning Clash of the Titans
Source: The Hollywood Reporter April 16, 2007

Lawrence Kasdan has been hired to write Clash of the Titans for Warner Bros. Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Basil Iwanyk is producing via Thunder Road.

A remake of the 1981 cult classic, the story revolves around Zeus' son, Perseus, and his journey to save Princess Andromeda during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa. The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects.

Travis Beacham (Killing on Carnival Row) wrote a draft.

Kasdan wrote the screenplays for Return of the Jedi, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. He executive produced In the Land of Women, written and directed by son Jon Kasdan and hitting theaters on Friday.

I loved the original as a kid. I reckon they could do something special with this. Could end up with some cool collectibles too!!

I would love this! But I hope they leave that stupid robotic owl out of it!

This movie brings me very fond memories from my childhood, so It would be cool to see what they can do today! Just hope they respect the epic tone and don't make just another action movie

This is a remake I will really enjoy...The original is forever part of my childhood memories...One of the very first film That I saw at the theatre as a youngster.

I got this picture out of my Empire Magazine
There's really good stuff in there this month about the action films comming in 2010
But the more I'm reading about Clash of the Titans the more I'm getting excited about it.
I hope Sideshow or Hot Toys have an interest in it also
Clash.jpg

Clash-of-the-Titans_l.jpg

Hmm. Not really getting a Perseus vibe from this look at all. It's more like TROY or GLADIATOR, so far, which is wrong for CLASH OF THE TITANS.

We'll see...

Greek mythology is soo freaking cool. There really havent been too many modern day tech adaptations of cool mythological stories! I for one am STOKED for this movie! :rock:rock

This looks really promising, I'm looking forward to it :)

Have never seen the original though :monkey3

In most cases if, you have never seen something, you can make the philisophical argument that it doesnt exist. In this case...if you've never seen Clash of the Titans I am making the philisophical argument that YOU don't exist! :cool:

Wow....Perseus looks badass. Not the same but different, if they make an LA Law movie put Harry Hamlin on suicide watch.

Not sure about Alexa Davalos as Andromeda though....Gemma Arterton and Izabella Miko are far more reaching for me in terms of going on a quest to save than her.

Back