Cinemaquette Presents: Batman '89 Batmobile & Batwing -buy from Sideshow!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cinemaquette Presents: Toynami Batman '89 Batmobile and Batwing

what scale are these slightly overpriced bat-vehicles?

Well, the Hot Wheels version is 1:18 at 13.2" in lenght, according to the site, this one is about 30" in length so that's be around 1/7-1/9 I'd say.

Well, the Hot Wheels version is 1:18 at 13.2" in lenght, according to the site, this one is about 30" in length so that's be around 1/7-1/9 I'd say.

so it's a smaller scale than the ht tumbler, has less details/functions than the tumbler, and yet it only costs 4 times more......:monkey4

Good god, 2k :eek:

so it's a smaller scale than the ht tumbler, has less details/functions than the tumbler, and yet it only costs 4 times more......:monkey4

I wonder how much of that is because it's in conjunction with Cinemaquette. I'm sure some pieces may be metal instead of plastic like the tumbler, but yeah, it's a lot of money and hard to see what the reasoning for that is. Hot Wheels made a nice 1:18 for like $50 or less retail, more for your money getting that than this one I think. Batwing is more tempting just because it's the only nice one that I know of being made, Hot Wheels didn't do it in their 1:18 scale, I think they have one now but it's tiny.

I'm curious how the Batwing is gun metal coloured and not black...

Because they can add another $500 to the price tag saying it is :lol

I really hope Hot Toys gets in on the Batman '89 mania. You've got DCD making OK products, you've got Toynami making really nice but very overpriced items, Hot Toys would be DCD pricing for Toynami quality, best of both.

These are along the same lines as the MR Falcon and Efx X-Wing or the Qmx Serenity. Studio scale replicas have always commanded this type of price tag.

The batwing is made from the same molds as the original model.

Batwing is killer. $500 you got a deal.

$1,500 is pushing it, kinda like $1,200 AMP SUIT pushing it.

Super , but the price is too high, i super very pass ..............

Price is too high and I know it's kind of apples to oranges but when you compare it to a $500 Hot Toys Batmobile that you can use with your 1/6 scale figures it doesn't do anything for me.

I don't own the Hot Toys one (yet or maybe never :( ) but I would spend the money there instead of on this and this is probably my favorite Batmobile version to date.

Nice piece, but a pass for me.

thanks Dave. that batmobile of his was truly stunning!! just a little gloss and plegde and that's going to be really a centerpiece. huge huge collectible!

These are awesome. I will be getting 1 of each for my collection. I will also have these on retail, let me know if anyone is interested. I will give a better deal on these then anywhere else.

Back