Cigars!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so I noticed BadMoon's "Cigs!!!" thread is still active, so it inspired me to create one dedicated to the "art" :)lol) of cigar-smoking.

I know it's not longer the "in" thing and fashionable like it was 10 years ago, but does anyone here besides me enjoy a nice stogie?? I used to hate smoking of all kinds (I still despise cigarettes) until a friend of mine opened up a cigar store last year. I started going just to hang out with the guys, enjoy a beer, watch a ballgame, etc... but the allure of the odd-smelling smoke lured me in. I still don't smoke them that often... once or twice a week is fine with me.

Now, a year or so later here I am with a serious humidor and collection of cutters, butane lighters, etc. :monkey3 Not to mention the cigars themselves! I've even indulged in smoking a pipe or two, but was unable to solve any crimes while doing so.

Anyway, perhaps I'll bring a selection of some of my favorites to SDCC in case any fellow Freaks are interested in enjoying the non-evil tobacco. My treat. (I even have some choice Cubans).

Or, wait... since it's Southern California will there even be anywhere to smoke one? Don't you get put in a gulag for doing that out there now?

i like to somke weed in one of these babies while im cruising down main street in my pick up truck.
LOTRNBPIPG_f.jpg

Or, wait... since it's Southern California will there even be anywhere to smoke one? Don't you get put in a gulag for doing that out there now?

Thankfully there is NO place where it's legal to smoke anything here. A lot of places even have restrictions about areas around their places of business.

Many years ago, when it was still okay to smoke in restaurants, I got myself along with my friends kicked out of TGI Fridays for doing my best Robert De Niro/Cape Fear impersonation... The one where he's sitting in the theater, smoking a cigar and laughing really loud. Nothing like a bunch of drunk fools surrounded by families trying to enjoy their meals. Ah...good times.

Thankfully there is NO place where it's legal to smoke anything here. A lot of places even have restrictions about areas around their places of business.

That never seems to stop people.. The other day I was having breakfast on a resteraunt patio w/ my 1 1/2 yr old and some moron sitting about 5 feet from me lights up a cig.. I asked her to move, which she did, but she looked offended.. I hate people.

Many years ago, when it was still okay to smoke in restaurants, I got myself along with my friends kicked out of TGI Fridays for doing my best Robert De Niro/Cape Fear impersonation... The one where he's sitting in the theater, smoking a cigar and laughing really loud. Nothing like a bunch of drunk fools surrounded by families trying to enjoy their meals. Ah...good times.

That's awesome! "It brings warm feelings to my heart." :chew

There is nothing I hate more than the smell of a cigar. I was a bartender for about 6 years while I was in college and a little while afterwards....back then you could still smoke in bars/restuarants.....cigarettes and pipes I could handle....but cigars just make me want to hurl. Now I don't mind the smell of a good pipe every once in awhile (my landlord smokes one so I can always tell when he's been around the building)...but that's about it.

As a teen there was nothing more decadent than scoring a six-pack (for the 3 of us) and a box of Swisher Sweets (nothing ironic about that name).

ah, good times...

I used to get drunk and fire up a Black and Mild.... Only occasionally. Most of the time I just played around with the smoke and didn't inhale, just enjoyed the smell.

Man, I was such a dork. :lol

Back