Chronicle Collectibles and ACI Toys bringing new 1/6 lines for 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because no one else was making figures from these licenses. 10 years ago HT would have made them, hands down. Then the MCU and DCEU happened. So these other companies are snapping up other licenses and making prototypes, then provide zero updates on them for months, sometimes years.

I have the same frustration with Star Ace and their Tarantino licenses, but there it's a case of approvals taking a long time, Diamond have the same issues. I'd love to see them announcing some new licenses toward the end of the year. Someone has got to do Die Hard, please God.

Because no one else was making figures from these licenses. 10 years ago HT would have made them, hands down. Then the MCU and DCEU happened. So these other companies are snapping up other licenses and making prototypes, then provide zero updates on them for months, sometimes years.

I have the same frustration with Star Ace and their Tarantino licenses, but there it's a case of approvals taking a long time, Diamond have the same issues. I'd love to see them announcing some new licenses toward the end of the year. Someone has got to do Die Hard, please God.

You really think star aces issue is pending licensor approval? Seems like lots of companies show protos with the disclaimer "pending licensor approval" I think star ace just has nothing to show.

Unless Dave is lying to us which I doubt. He said they were being approved. Tarantino is known to be very picky with toys from his films. Plus the actors have to approve them too.

They're primarily a statue and prop company. They see the money HT pulls in and want a piece of that pie. Unfortunately, you need to make products on a similar level to get that money.

Isn't that why they are teaming with ACI who have a deep history of making historical/fantasy figures?

I am disappointed like others though on the lack of updates. Conan is one of my favourite films. I was about to finally do a custom when this was announced.

I've never even seen Vikings (intend to watch, motherhood permitting), but would buy Lagertha, who is based on real historical figure, just like the male lead, in order to have a historical female swordfighter.

They said today on the live Facebook feed that the 1/6 lines are very much alive. Dr Grant will likely be first as part of the 25th anniversary of jurassic park.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So Owen from JW would essentially come out AFTER JW2 opens? That's a pretty awful idea.

I asked Paul back in July and he said that they were hoping to have Grant by the end of the year. Don't see that happening now.

"Our problem with the 1:6 figures is finding a Universal Approved factory, we're working on it and hope to have Dr. Grant out this year.

Paul"

They are abandoning 1/6. Just saw it on the Facebook video. Going with 1/4 statues instead. No articulated figures.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back