Chris Howes: Maximus project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched King Arthur last night, and the Arthur armour is fairly similar to the Final Battle Maximus armour..... wonder if anyone would be interested in this down the track along with a Clive Owen sculpt ?

I watched King Arthur last night, and the Arthur armour is fairly similar to the Final Battle Maximus armour..... wonder if anyone would be interested in this down the track along with a Clive Owen sculpt ?

Hell yes ! !

I would be so down for a Clive Owen sculpt (lots of possibilities) and especially a King Arthur bash :monkey5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3B-N7oBmsU

kingarthur4.jpg

kingarthur2.jpg

:rock:rock:rock

Last edited:
Another bump for Maximus.

Come on, Chris; we need more Maximus! :D :whip :monkey5

Gonna get started on a Commodus and a General maximus soon, together with Seb. So stay tuned for awesomeness :naughty

So that my first born isn't forfeit :D here is the start of some photos. The chest piece is nearly done, I just need to add the tiny figures and add a little detail. I've made the photo large to show the detail:

chest.jpg

BTW, I'm adding a bonus sword. I have a Roman long sword finished (photos coming later tonight if I'm sober enough after my sister's wedding today!) and I'm making a short gladius so we have some options. If you've paid already, don't worry, it's free! One other change: I'm integrating the greaves and the boots into one unit. It was just too bulky trying to lay the greaves on top of the boots, looked really awkward.

So that my first born isn't forfeit :D here is the start of some photos. The chest piece is nearly done, I just need to add the tiny figures and add a little detail. I've made the photo large to show the detail:

chest.jpg

BTW, I'm adding a bonus sword. I have a Roman long sword finished (photos coming later tonight if I'm sober enough after my sister's wedding today!) and I'm making a short gladius so we have some options. If you've paid already, don't worry, it's free! One other change: I'm integrating the greaves and the boots into one unit. It was just too bulky trying to lay the greaves on top of the boots, looked really awkward.

Hmmm.... awesome Chris. That Roman Longsword sounts like it might be useful in the King Arthur bash ?

that is really awesome looking!!!!! frikk me - looks really good. thanks so much chris. and also for the sword thing - very cool indeed.

one quick question - i ordered an extra set of boots from you to use with seb's leather armour. in that scene i don't think he had the greaves. i think this might be a no, but is there any way you can leave the greaves off one pair of my boots? if the greaves are sculpted onto the boots i guess the answer is no. if there's any other way of doing it please let me know.

looking really awesome so far. this has me excited all over again. thanks so much. and congrats to your sister!! no more pics today, go have fun.

that is really awesome looking!!!!! frikk me - looks really good. thanks so much chris. and also for the sword thing - very cool indeed.

one quick question - i ordered an extra set of boots from you to use with seb's leather armour. in that scene i don't think he had the greaves. i think this might be a no, but is there any way you can leave the greaves off one pair of my boots? if the greaves are sculpted onto the boots i guess the answer is no. if there's any other way of doing it please let me know.

looking really awesome so far. this has me excited all over again. thanks so much. and congrats to your sister!! no more pics today, go have fun.

It would be good to have boots sans greaves sculpted as well as I would be interested in a pair as well for the same reason. Happy to have the boots matched with greaves as part of the complete set.... still need to get around to ordering one but I will definitely be doing so!

In terms of other options - may I suggest (if you don't already - I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs here) that you take casts after adding each of the smaller figures, as these were added as he went through the movie - it will save having to remove them if you do further gladiator sets in the future. Also selfishly it will be easier to do a Clive Owen King Arthur Breastplate.

Other than that keep up the great work Chris - I can see its worth the wait!

I just spoke with Chris via email. I wanted to ask him when I could expect the progress photos of the Maximus armor set he promised almost three weeks ago. His response...

"Not to sound flip, but when it's ready. :)"

He continues by saying..."I want to have the head ready to show along with armor and weapons, it's roughed but not in the "Battle Cry" expression yet. I hope to do that over the next few days."

Here is a history of Chris's updates about this project. I will update this as time goes on so we can track Chris's progress on the commission:

January 15th, 2009 - "I'll have some photos of the chest ornamentation hopefully tomorrow. It's been interesting working on the detail...."
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43310&highlight=photos&page=39 Post #390

No update was posted.

March 16th, 2009 - "Sorry for the long delay, but I will have a good update for you, hopefully tonight. I have not been idle..."
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1539765&highlight=photos#post1539765 Post #423

No update was posted.

April 18th, 2009 - "I'm going to have some Maximus photos this weekend, finally!"
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45265&highlight=maximus&page=87 Post #868

No update was posted.

May 10th, 2009 - "Two swords tomorrow! Plus updated chest armor and roughed out head. Really.... I promise...... cross my heart, etc."
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1666166&highlight=maximus#post1666166 Post #985

No update was posted.

May 16th, 2009 - "So that my first born isn't forfeit here is the start of some photos. The chest piece is nearly done, I just need to add the tiny figures and add a little detail."

One photo was posted.

chest.jpg

If you go to https://www.chowes.com/forsale/heads/armor/ you can see that Chris uploaded the chest armor photo to his website on 01-Apr-2009. The photo was more than a month old by the time he posted it. It was also on his personal website for two weeks prior to him posting it on this forum. I guess he couldn't be bothered to show it to the people who had already paid.

June 12th, 2009 - "One of those things I was working on was the Maximus stuff. He's Almost done and will be posting the finished photos in just a few days. I'm sure folks will like it, it's looking rather nice."
Email conversation with Chris.

No update was posted.

July 1st, 2009 - ""I want to have the head ready to show along with armor and weapons, it's roughed but not in the "Battle Cry" expression yet. I hope to do that over the next few days."
Email conversation with Chris.

I will be emailing Chris once a week for progress updates. I have made other arrangements to recover my money should he not deliver.

Hey Lord Vicious,

Can you make sure my username is added to the list of people who have paid in full for the complete armor set? Also, Chris has the shoulder armor done. Has everyone who paid for that received it? I paid for one, and I would like to get that shipped.

Hey Lord Vicious,

Can you make sure my username is added to the list of people who have paid in full for the complete armor set? Also, Chris has the shoulder armor done. Has everyone who paid for that received it? I paid for one, and I would like to get that shipped.

Hi mate, thanks for contacting Chris and getting some news. Let's hope we'll see some pictures soon :banana..As for your username added to the list, you'll have to contact Chris for that, since he keeps track of those lists I think.

Same thing for the shoulder armor, I'm afraid :( I hope he'll send those out real soon since they are indeed finished and my name is connected to this project as well, and I don't want people to get duped :banghead

hmm...been away for a while... last check was some thread of chris.....any update on this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back