Chris Howes: Maximus project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Yes, the shoulder is similar and would do in a pinch with a repaint.

Eventually I want to create this armor as well..... but it might be a while! :D

I figured once you worked all the way through the arena armor, you wouldn't stop. That is why I am trying to get a headstart on the helmet, tunic, cape, fur and accessories. Ignite has some red tunics, capes and accessories for this bash from their Roman soldier line.

I figured once you worked all the way through the arena armor, you wouldn't stop. That is why I am trying to get a headstart on the helmet, tunic, cape, fur and accessories. Ignite has some red tunics, capes and accessories for this bash from their Roman soldier line.

Yes, Ignite made some nice stuff. I've got the helmet and shoulder armor from their Roman figure line here as well.

IMG_7910.jpg

Also, check out this custom:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82500

Ignite does make some good accessories, the bodies are crap though. It sure looks great when you put those clothes and accessories on HT TT body.

Hey Guys,

While you're waiting for me to post more pictures of the armor .... if you want to see the development of a head from start to finish take a look over in the Hugh Laurie thread.

I usually never show the early stages of a sculpt, but some folks have been requesting to see these stages, so this is a one time thing!!

Anyway, take a look....

Impressing this headsculpt, who did it ?

If you mean the one I posted with the general helmet on, then it's this headsculpt:
https://cgi.ebay.com/FA228-1-6-Mk43...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Hey Guys,

While you're waiting for me to post more pictures of the armor .... if you want to see the development of a head from start to finish take a look over in the Hugh Laurie thread.

I usually never show the early stages of a sculpt, but some folks have been requesting to see these stages, so this is a one time thing!!

Anyway, take a look....

Great! Thanks for the update, Chris. Can't wait to see those armor pictures :monkey5

I just got hold of the Ignite helmet, gladius and red tunic for my General Maximus custom. I am itching to see some new armor sneaks.

I'm sure Chris' work will be better than what we could have seen :) Can't wait !

Anyone who wants a cheap 1/6 scale gladiator helmet or 1/6 leather style armour check out my auction on eBay, you can find the link in my posting from today in the auction section of this forum.
Dizzy

Some quick pictures of my finished "Spaniard" Maximus (except for the leg sleeves that is) with Chris' beautiful shoulder armor :

IMG_9057.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

Found something that could work for another important Gladiator character: Juba. In other words, for the Gladiator fan who wants it all:

juba.jpg

The black Triad base body looks remarkably like the actor who portrayed Juba

maximusjuba2.jpg

maximusjuba.jpg

Just mentioning it... :D

great idea vicious. i actually have this body and the first thing i thought when i saw the head was that it might have been made to look like djimon hounsou. the body has great looking arms too, but the articulation is quite naff. and the head and neck thing is just terrible. i haven't managed to get the head to stay on the neck yet - could just be the post in the head is damaged.

saving it for chris' lucious fox though.

Just bought this:

phoenix.jpg

Commodus, here I come :monkey5

that's awesome, dude! you're going to have a whole line of these. once i get off my stupid behind and send you the "thingy". i promise it'll be soon! more stuff came up this week, even crazier stuff so but delayed in everything. but it's coming! at least you have commodus to work on until then.

that's awesome, dude! you're going to have a whole line of these. once i get off my stupid behind and send you the "thingy". i promise it'll be soon! more stuff came up this week, even crazier stuff so but delayed in everything. but it's coming! at least you have commodus to work on until then.

Yeah, it would be cool to have the whole gang on my shelf :chew
I have no idea yet what outfit to give Commodus, though. His final white battle armor is far too difficult to create (at least for me), so I'll have to go with something else...

And don't worry about "the thingy", mate, there's no rush :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back