Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP ( a 2nd Chewy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP (updated pics)

damn this things near perfect...best I've seen, the head really captures Chewie, my only critic is that that fur could be thinner or dagged a bit in areas forearms etc..... but really incredible job.

I think we all will need to custom him because the officials are going to cost big dollars

thanks guys.
i have an idea to thin his hair that doesn't involve cutting it.
i really like the texture of the hair from the hasbro chewy but hate the material/liner that they used to attach it to, it is so thick, thus the puffy look. if i had the patience i would just fur direct to the body but i dont. the head was the only part i thought needed that to get the right look. if my idea works, great, if it doesn't, i can live with him as is. but i'm still tweaking and once he's all done i'll post more pics.

I think just bits more of hair gel just to clump bits together here & there

That is amazing looking Barryo! Excellent work getting the right shape to his head and the fur looks spot-on :rock

Amazing...I would be proud to have this guy in my collection. Great work...so when do you start taking orders??? 😄😄😄

Im late to this, Chewie looks great Barry!!

Awesome job on him so far!!

thanks again guys............:hi5:

well my idea seemed to work like i thought it would..........i took some strong thread and bound the fur on his right leg.........then pulled out some tufts of it here and there so it would cover the thread. (didn't do his ankle yet but will)
what does everyone think? better?.........i probably will try to bind all of him as much as i can to slim him as this was the easiest solution i could think of without starting over completely. anyway a few pics
HPIM0405.jpg

HPIM0406.jpg

i don't know if the pics show the big difference it makes but in hand it seems to make the leg look 1/2 the size.
so lots more tweaking to do...........:)

well i slimmed him down some more all over but i'm sure i'll tweak him some more. i still need to work on the bandoleer & gun & will get to that soon.
i also corrected a huge oversight to the original movie............:panic:

HPIM0412.jpg

:wink1:

Much better! Looks great.

Now I can't decide. Use a couple Hasbro fur suits or just glue to the fur to the body, so I avoid the bulk?

Much better! Looks great.

Now I can't decide. Use a couple Hasbro fur suits or just glue to the fur to the body, so I avoid the bulk?

if i had to do this one over again i would have trimmed the sinestro body down until it was skeleton thin. the hasbro fur is bulky, nice but thick, so you almost have to make the base half the size to accommodate that bulk. from what i learned with this one my next one should be better.

You can be very proud of this, one of the best customs I've ever seen and better then any of the official releases in any scale.
Now do us a tutorial :)

if i had to do this one over again i would have trimmed the sinestro body down until it was skeleton thin. the hasbro fur is bulky, nice but thick, so you almost have to make the base half the size to accommodate that bulk. from what i learned with this one my next one should be better.

To be honest that always seems to be the best way of getting a perfect figure... do it twice. :lol The fur looks much less bulky with the tie down technique. Can you post a pic next to a standard figure, B? Just trying to see how the scale works with the Sinestro body.

I wonder if Duane would be willing to try sculpting a base head to add fur to? Just the nose, mouth and eyes with the rest just roughed out?

This is really turning out great, Barry, as always. :lecture

Dang. That looks awesome, barryo. :rock Nice and slim.
thanks buddy..........& for the sinestro body......
thanks for the advice & all your encouraging words my friend....:hi5:
You can be very proud of this, one of the best customs I've ever seen and better then any of the official releases in any scale.
Now do us a tutorial :)
thanks.........well some of the wips are kind of a tutorial. but my next one i will do a full blown one.
To be honest that always seems to be the best way of getting a perfect figure... do it twice. :lol The fur looks much less bulky with the tie down technique. Can you post a pic next to a standard figure, B? Just trying to see how the scale works with the Sinestro body.

I wonder if Duane would be willing to try sculpting a base head to add fur to? Just the nose, mouth and eyes with the rest just roughed out?

This is really turning out great, Barry, as always. :lecture
thanks my friend.
i will post some pics of him next to some figs this evening flo-bacca. just for you....:wink1:
and i was thinking the exact same thing about getting a head cast for this. the stone cold sculpt is not so ready available as it once was but seems to be the perfect base size for this. in reality what i did was not difficult to do as i used the mouth and nose from the hasbro chewy and pressed them into a bit of sculpy i had added to the head....(i did cut steves nose off though..............:panic:)

Last pic is near finish, love the slimmer version, applause!

awesome work! yes a slimmer base body woulda helped a lot. i recall seeing someone around here splice together a tall thin body from like Dragon or other 12" ers. i recently got one of those mattman custom Chewies, with the fur applied directly, and it's beautiful, but could use more articulation. i love that yours has more

Back