Uncle Chewie's CUSTOM Chop Shop!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasnt sure where to post this. Question, has anyone done (or thought of doing) a Death Star Trooper helmet by modding the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet??

I know there are differences, but thought it might work as a good base. anyways, just curious.

I've considered it, but there's quite a difference between the two when you look at the Death Star trooper Helmet a little closer. You might be able to chop up a Hasbro DS trooper helpet, the section with the divits to the front and the side boxes, and add them to the existing RFT Helmet? To me making a DST depends upon getting your hands on a RFT helmet loose... then just buy a Pradji, swap the head, add the helmet and do some simple mods. I'd really love to see someone try it :D Do it Chaka!

I finaly got around to casting some stuff and it came out alright. I'm going to do Luke next.

S8000173.jpg

S8000174.jpg

S8000175.jpg

I don't have much good stuff to cast... too busy to anyway...

But at least I have a ton of silicone/ resin!

Maybe I'll make some more custom zombie head sculpts....

No pictures, but yesterday I gave casting a second go! my 1st attempt a year ago with paint on silicon went well but was a messy affair & I'm not one to get dirty, so I finally plucked up the courage to use some Silligum I had purchased a while back (awesome stuff) very easy to use & clean. You simply knead 2 ingredients for a minute then smooth over want you need a cast off. yesterday I moulded several armour pieces & a arnie head sculpt I made. In 10 mins I had a workable mould, now how to stop bubbles in the resin Hehe!

No pictures, but yesterday I gave casting a second go! my 1st attempt a year ago with paint on silicon went well but was a messy affair & I'm not one to get dirty, so I finally plucked up the courage to use some Silligum I had purchased a while back (awesome stuff) very easy to use & clean. You simply knead 2 ingredients for a minute then smooth over want you need a cast off. yesterday I moulded several armour pieces & a arnie head sculpt I made. In 10 mins I had a workable mould, now how to stop bubbles in the resin Hehe!

WTF???? I had an arnie head I made, and I made a mold of it, and I was going to mold some clone armor pieces too!

Stop copying my life....

:lol JK

You prolly have an Arnie sculpt 18,376.27 times better than mine.

LOL! thats freaky m8! I doubt my sculpt is better I'm only a beginner, but this easy moulding stuff might be the gear I need to motivate me to make more. PS where do you get the white resin from I can only find clear?

I love siligum... its amazing stuff. That is what I have been using.
But I have been using resin plaster to make heads. Its fab and sets in 30 mins. I want to try resin but the air bubbles put me off. I guess you need to use a pressure pot!

LOL! thats freaky m8! I doubt my sculpt is better I'm only a beginner, but this easy moulding stuff might be the gear I need to motivate me to make more. PS where do you get the white resin from I can only find clear?

Well, my sculpt was my second. Ever. And the first was a zombie not intended to look like anyone in specific!

I can only find "natural" color... that is, a kind of "decayed tooth" off white. I wish I could find clear... then I could tint it and make lightsabers!

I'll have to check around and see if I can find silligum over here in the US, cuz the pourable stuff is not working too well...

Resin plaster ehh! shall have to try & find some, one of my biggest issues is finding retailers close by that sell this stuff on the cheap!

Need more siligummmm

PM me I casted a few Solo's. I'm going to try to cast them in a skin tone also I'm currently casting the clonetrooper gun the big one.

Last edited:
Hi Lopie, I take it you got your pressure pot fixed. Casts look great and I think they would be amazing in fresh resin.

gonna pick your brains next year as I want to move in to resin.

If you ever do Luke... please put me down for one.

MArk

Awesome work... your repaint of Kenobi's head is particularly nice. Very good colors and looks lifelike :rock

Finished up 2 Hasbro upgrades I can add to his master thread. Repainted an IG-88 and modded/repainted my Bossk. Wish I could have gotten his white bib thing to look better, but I'm not handy with a needle and thread :monkey2

swd.jpg

swe.jpg

swa.jpg

swb.jpg

swc.jpg

A Trio of Customs
swf.jpg

Here's a couple of Clone Wars era customs I'm working on at the moment . ( excuse the photos , they were snatched "on the fly" between snow showers !)
DSC00247.jpg

This is Jedi Knight " Biral Maipre" .
DSC00248.jpg

And this is "Commander Ola " of the Republic " Boarding and Demolitions Division" ( Referred to amongst the clones as the "Badd Boys").
DSC00251.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

( Please go easy on Ola's headsculpt paintjob , it's in the very early stages!)

Back