Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP ( a 2nd Chewy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
as some of you may know i really wanted a 1/6th version of chewy with real fur. i'm sure ssc/hottoys will get around to it at some point..........but i couldn't wait. i've studied some awesome customs on this board and with some tips from my buddy brinn71 i present you my take on the loveable furry sidekick..........although he still is a wip.
i used 2 hasbro chewbacca in chains figures, a dcd sinestro body i acquired from cococoolboy..(holla)
pretty much cannibalized the hasbros for the fur but i did wind up using the hands & feet too.
oh yea.........disregard the time stamp .....it's way wrong. all this stuff has been made the last couple days.
chew1.jpg

chew2.jpg

chew3.jpg

chew4.jpg

modded the feet a tad by cuttig the toes off both figures and swapping them out
chew5.jpg

next comes the head...........a modded/sculpted wwe jax stone cold sa head
chew6.jpg

chew7.jpg

now the fur.
chew8.jpg

reminds of bananarama or something....lol
chew9.jpg

chew10.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP

furring away.......
chew11.jpg

chew12.jpg

chew13.jpg

chew14.jpg

chew15.jpg

chew16.jpg

chew17.jpg

so i still need to do a few things to him like touching up the eyes & repainting/modding his weapon. & getting that damn hair to lay right.............:cuss

going to work on making him slimmer looking as well..........the hasbro inner liner is prety thick so renders him a bit puffy..........:gah:

Last edited:

:eek :eek Wow, I really love how you made him! So your dream come to true?=)

Last edited:

Looks fantastic, the key to getting the face to look right is the fur around the eyes to sit right and the color of the fur as its darker.

I just got done makeing one for my self.I will take pics here soon.I used the SSC james bond jaws figure and did the same thing with the hasbro chewie`s stripping them down and made a fur suit out of it. Then stuff the figure into the suit and glued the feet down on the figure.I should of thought about that with the feet. But one of the leg post broke where the joint by the foot is.yours looks great.now all you need to do is put the shadowing around the eyes and darken the top of the hair and his shoulders like he does in the a new hope.I hope every one will like mine once i get a picture of him on here soon.You will have to take some more pics of him when you finish him.

Last edited:

Im not a Star Wars fan at all , but that Chewy Is freaking badass man . You did a sick job on it . You should be proud

Awesome Chewie right there!! :clap I've wanted a really well made Chewie for a long time so congrats on making that wish come true for you.

Wow, very nice barryo!!! :clap

What did you use for the bandoleer?
Also, are you planning for the bowcaster?

thanks everyone............as i keep tweaking him i'll update the pics.

Is there a reason you didn't use one of the Hasbro 12" Chewy faces? I always assumed I'd use the body and face of that weird "wood stump" Chewy they did before the newer Vintage 12" ones (that came out just before the line died.)

The fur could be treated somehow with really thinned acrylic lacquer or something? I saw a 12" Wampa where they had done it, but CHewy's fur isn't as dirty/matted as the Wampa's, so you can't cover things as easily.

The Hasbro 12" Chewy fur looks a little "fuzzy" and needs to be tamed a touch (and yes, slightly darkened) but it looks pretty damn good in your WIP pics!

You've made this look so easy, but I'm sure you still have Chewy fur glued to your fingertips (and what glue did you use by the way)?
the original head looks a bit cartoony but if you futz with it some it can look better but really just too far from being chewbacca. the main thing is the snout is to short. i did use the nose & mouth (forgot to mention that).

Wow, very nice barryo!!! :clap

What did you use for the bandoleer?
Also, are you planning for the bowcaster?
the bandoleer came with the figure as did a bowcaster, i'm planning on tweaking them too.

Sweet Chewie barry. :rock

If you could find someone who knows how to cut hair, you might be able to get some clues on how to thin the hair in the places it isn't laying right.

Sweet Chewie barry. :rock

If you could find someone who knows how to cut hair, you might be able to get some clues on how to thin the hair in the places it isn't laying right.
thanks devo, yea i'm going to keep messing with it. hopefully some thinned paint will help out with the puffiness.
:clap The head is turning out great, Barry!
thank you flo-jo he's getting there
That's looking great! :clap

I can't believe a Wookiee got finished at long last!
thanks WG but he's not quite done yet. still need to darken some places on him. like around the eyes and get the hair to lay down too.

Bravo man great work with the hair!
thanks it's not that hard to work with but im constantly having to brush it out. probably wont be handling him too much although he does seem pretty durable.

Back