Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP ( a 2nd Chewy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP

hey barryo i was thinking of useing the chewbacca from the kotobukiya series.the bowcaster and his bandoleer to make it more movie like.i have one comeing hopefuly soon here so i can finish him.and then im going to try to put wrist joints on him as well.keep us posted on the updates to see your progress.

For my Chewie custom I used the two Hasbro Bandoleers to make one longer one. I weathered it and added a new custom satchel and the neck string:
attachment.php

Then I filled the satchel with all kinds of tool-like things and an extra blaster and grenade thingies. ;)
And I modded the Hasbro Bowcaster as well with some loose parts, a fabric elastic strap, and brass tubing:
attachment.php

HAVE FUN! You :rock

Barryo... Beautiful build!

One thing I notice, you may have change it already. I think Chewie's feet could be a bit longer/bigger. Kind of like big foot. When he's beside Vader the feet look a bit small. The head is looking really nice.

May I ask how you will shade the fur?

Cool idea Brinn. I like the idea of having the tools in the satchel. I'm stealing it! (just kidding):wink1:

man that looks awesome brinn............as it turns out i do in fact have two sets of bandoleers....& yes like weezer i'm stealing this idea as well.......:wink1:

weezer...........i'm going to trim the hair around the feet a bit so you see more of it but probably wont do much more to them as they are nice and flat & stands pretty good as is.
as far as coloring the hair i'm going to water down some acrylic paint and go from there. if it doesnt take to well i'll try to use crushed pastel chalk & dip the brush in water...........if one of those methods don't work............:dunno

That looks great, Geri!

Anymore progress, Barry?

Morning. :wave

morning flosi.............:wave

not as of yet but i'm going to work on it today.............crazy work schedule i'm on. hope to get the coloring done & maybe add a few more bits of hair where it might need it.

and apparently i have even more work to do thanks to brinn..............:mad:

:lol...........his bits & pieces are always killer looking.

Looks great so far Barry :rock

I really need to get back to finishing mine; but I'll steal some of your ideas :rock

thanks guys & by all means if this helps with your customs in anyway feel free to use any ideas.

few quick update pics
chew19.jpg

chew20.jpg

chew21.jpg

i took some watered down black acrylic & a q-tip and darkened him in a few spots around. took a tiny paintbrush and blackened around the eyes (big dumb fail on my part for not doing this before the fur was applied).
i added some water based hair gel in some spots with a cotton ball to test and it seems to help with taming the fur somewhat & in some places a stringy/shaggy look. i have hopes for it laying down some fur around the eyes to bring them out more. the gel is slimming but i still don't think it will slim the fur enough to be dead on screen accurate but i'm digging him so far. this kind of custom probably could be tweaked until the end of time....:gah:

Last edited:
Re: Chewbacca custom 1/6th WIP (updated pics)

You're too hard on yourself. I don't think SSC could do a better job. The head looks cool and that's all that counts.

Awesome job. I think customs with hair are probably some of the hardest to do, and you picked one that was solid hair. Good work! :yess:

Fantastic job!!!

The only thing I can add would be that he be a little bit thinner. But over-all, excellent custom Chewie!!

Back