Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey now!! A Sarlaac pit, that would be an undertaking...but a toilet bowl would be a great starting point. :lol

That figure is looking sweet. The clothes on these guys are unreal? Is that vest custom too? Damn, Chris. BTW, I'm pretty sure Pixel has a pit in the works..somewhere, at some point in time.

I'm buried working on a salamander pond and water feature....arrghh, nightmare.

Hey now!! A Sarlaac pit, that would be an undertaking...but a toilet bowl would be a great starting point. :lol

That figure is looking sweet. The clothes on these guys are unreal? Is that vest custom too? Damn, Chris. BTW, I'm pretty sure Pixel has a pit in the works..somewhere, at some point in time.

I'm buried working on a salamander pond and water feature....arrghh, nightmare.

Thanks Will. The vest on Velken Tezeri is the same coat I used on my Ree-Yees custom. I bought two of those Dragon Russian winter coats, one for Ree-Yees one for Velken. I just removed the sleeves, pockets and painted it. Its spot on I think.

A 1/6th Sarlacc pit would be epic, would love to see one of you guys attempt it.
Good luck with the salamander pond, sounds like quite an undertaking. Im sure you can handle it though. :)

Its been a few weeks since I have had any time to work on anything. I was able to do a little today, I worked on Wooof's hands. I took regular Sideshow hands, cut all the fingers off and reattached the fingers of the HT Predator.

018813x900_zpsf93ad742.jpg

I may add some sculpy to them, but pretty pleased so far. I had a hard time finding hands with claws like Wooof's that werent on a gloved hand. The Predator hands were okay, but had some type of fingerless gloves on them. I liked the fingers, so I just hacked them off and reattached them.

Next up, wrist gauntlets. When I can find some time. :)

OMG. That's redonkulous. Very impressive Chaka! Love those hands and shoes....pants too. Looks so legit.

Question Chakaman. I have a Lando Skiff guard in the works and was wondering about the Tomy Skiff guard helmet. How is it for size/proportion on the SS Lando head? Should I just mod the hasbro one?

Did you glue the fingers then recast them?

No I didnt. I cant cast stuff. I just glued them together, applied sculpy to smooth the joints and painted them. I wish I could cast, it would be nice to have a few pairs of these hands for future projects.

Question Chakaman. I have a Lando Skiff guard in the works and was wondering about the Tomy Skiff guard helmet. How is it for size/proportion on the SS Lando head? Should I just mod the hasbro one?

Hey Nate. The Tomy helmet is a tad small, I would say 1/7th scale. It looks really good though. You will have to dremmel quite a bit of Lando's head down to get it to fit in the helmet, but it will work. The Hasbro one in my opinion is a no go. Its HUGE and looks ridiculous I think. I have some pics of my Lando somewhere in this thread. I would shoot some new pics of my Lando, but it is currently in pieces as I am reworking him.

Go with the Tomy. At the moment, its the best one available.

Hey guys. I have been pretty busy the past few weeks and havent had much free time to work on anything. I picked up the "Ed Harris" sculpt a few months ago and initally thought I would have him be a X-Wing pilot, but I decided he looked more like an Imperial Officer.

005900x707_zps64001c48.jpg

I also recently started my human skiff guard. New body and reworked armor and outfit. I need to retool the Tomy helmet I have set aside for him...

007834x900_zps18f0adbf.jpg

Im also FINALLY getting back to my Nabrun Leids. I dremmelled out the goggles a while back and decided to use real ones. I am using reflective studs as eyes. Most of the reference pics I have seen show him with greyish eyes. TDP did something similar to his custom a while back.....
010500x374_zpsc90b16b7.jpg

Small updates, but I am hoping to have some more free time in the coming months. In the meantime, I am enjoying all the custom work in this forum. Good stuff guys, keep it coming. :)

Chris

Thanks David. :)

Here is where I am at on this guy. I reworked the arms a bit, padded up the body and started cleaning up the suit. I have some plastic that I am going to use for the goggle lenses. I also have some plastic washers/spacers I am going to use for the goggle's rims (yes, I was "that guy" at Lowes yesterday). Coming along, next up repainting hands and adding more details to suit.....

001763x800_zps183fe3c2.jpg

Lol I see you have alien heads.. were did you get them, did you sculpt them? Im looking for nien numb and any alien's I can find. Any suggestions.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Lol I see you have alien heads.. were did you get them, did you sculpt them? Im looking for nien numb and any alien's I can find. Any suggestions.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have quite a few heads that I have painted up. I just need some time and some more bodies. :) I didnt sculpt them, I got them from Duane Brown. He is a member on the boards here, he goes by "Enaud". Awesome dude, he is the one who sculpted them. He probably still has some available, shoot him a PM. Im sure he would be happy to help you.

How are you gonna bake that now? Obviously the head comes off but what about the other things. I would think they'd melt at 275F.

Small update on Kithaba. New scratch built belt, holster. I also redid his bandolier. Im not sure I am happy with the cargo pouches. I think they are a bit big, but they were the only ones I had handy at the moment. I also painted them brown, not sure I like that either. I will keep hunting around until I find a better alternative.

010600x597_zps1418fca7.jpg

Probably do some more tweaks. It seems my customs are never ever truly "finished". :)

Back