Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff , do you have a pic of the cover of the book with the photos ? Though not a "book collector" as such , I pick up as many Star Wars titles as I can and still have all my childhood collection ( originals and replacements ) , but that one is unfamiliar to me . The pic of the three Tuskens is especially intruiging .:wink1:

I picked up a few of the General Grievous lightsaber hilts from Toy Anxiety this week. I thought they would look good and add some variety to my custom Jedi. I was just using duplicate hilts until now.

004700x682_zps08caba5f.jpg

007620x700_zps64f941de.jpg

008900x892_zps1f900c7e.jpg

I also picked up a couple of the white prototype Boba Fett jumpsuits. With some minor modifications (trimming down the thigh pockets), I think they will work well for some ROTJ B-Wing pilots. :)
011819x900_zps83d0705f.jpg

I was also thinking that they would make a good base for the ANH Duros seen in the cantina.

Picked up a body for my upcoming cutsom, Skiff guard Velken Tezeri. Looking forward to having some time and knocking some of these guys out.

006622x700_zps15216278.jpg

Nice! This guy is having arms exposed? Looks like an expensive body.

Thanks. Yes, he will have his arms exposed. I am planning on this one being Velken Tezeri, a skiff guard on the prisoner skiff. He wasnt too expensive, bout the same price as a TT knockoff. :)

I still have this book. Some how it's survived and stayed with me for over 35 years.

:)

Started working on Velken Tezeri. After looking at some reference pictures and chatting with Duane, we decided that his helmet looked like it was a mix of Lando's and what looked like a clone trooper knee guard mounted to the front of it. I figured I would give it a go and see what it looked like. I removed the front part of my Tomy Lando helmet and attached a Medicom Clone knee guard over it.

001500x375_zpsb6e7dd1a.jpg

I painted it black and drybrushed grey over it. I plan on adding some silver and smaller dents, dings etc to the helmet. I added the cloth faceguard. Everything is else is temporary, Im just trying to get a feel of what the character is going to look like. Here are a few pictures of him so far....

010800x634_zps7be1f584.jpg

007800x444_zpsb6f01d4b.jpg

Loads to do. :)

After looking at my pics and more reference pictures, I wasnt happy with the looks of the helmet. I decided to make it sit a bit lower. I also am redoing the face shrouds. Anyways, trying a different fabric. Here is a quick mock up. Once I get the helmet sorted out, the rest of this one should be easy.

003612x800_zpsf09c0192.jpg

I think there is going to be lots of futzing with the one. :)

damn dude you are cranking them out. your jedis & back ground skiff guards are crazy good man. one day i will get motivated back to finishing a few things.

Chaka, do you already have a skiff in the wings waiting for these guys? Because you know what's next… (Solo is going to chime in here if I don't) … a Sarlacc pit! Will, that should be YOUR next dio. :)

And making something like this doesn't count:

ad129580519robbie-rane-crea.jpg

Your work on the Skiff Guards is inspirational Chaka . My two Guards are waiting in the wings , but the problem I had was whether to go completely "screen accurate " or "generic" Weequay/Nikto ! The outfits I have so far are "close-but-no-cigar" and I'm unsure how to progress with the boots on both figures . I know it's probably somewhere in the thread , but what did you use for boots on yours ?

damn dude you are cranking them out. your jedis & back ground skiff guards are crazy good man. one day i will get motivated back to finishing a few things.

Thanks Barry. I wouldnt say I am cranking them out, most of them are unfinished. I am making progress on them, but free time for this stuff is hard for me this time of year. Hope to see you get back to it, your builds/customs are epic. :)

Chaka, do you already have a skiff in the wings waiting for these guys? Because you know what's next… (Solo is going to chime in here if I don't) … a Sarlacc pit! Will, that should be YOUR next dio. :)

And making something like this doesn't count:

ad129580519robbie-rane-crea.jpg

Ha! If Will wants to build me a Sarlaac dio, Im down with that. Im not sure where I would put it, but I would be down with that. :D

I have thought about doing a Skiff, but not sure where i would display it. It would be around 6ft long wouldnt it?? I have also thought about doing a wall mount of a disected, 1/2 of the Skiff, but not sure how I would do it. Maybe some day. I suppose I might as well build a Sail Barge. I have a lot of Jabba's goons in the works.

Your work on the Skiff Guards is inspirational Chaka . My two Guards are waiting in the wings , but the problem I had was whether to go completely "screen accurate " or "generic" Weequay/Nikto ! The outfits I have so far are "close-but-no-cigar" and I'm unsure how to progress with the boots on both figures . I know it's probably somewhere in the thread , but what did you use for boots on yours ?

Well thanks mate. Kit-bashing parts for these guys is a lot of fun. I know what you mean about the outfits. Sometimes I think it would be fun to do a "generic, random guard", but then I think thats what these guys are already so I might as well make them screen accurate if possible.

As far as boots go, I use Did, Dragon or Ignite Toys boots. I just cut them down if need be. I add leather straps and coverings to most of them. I also usually paint them. When finished, you hardly see any of the original boot so it doesnt really matter. Hope that helps. :)

Back