Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :)

As far as insignias go, Im just using acrylic paint with very fine brushes. I use an ink pen sometimes too. I seal it all with dullcoat.

iI love all the designs on these helmets.

I finished painting up and weathering the helmet. I got the head inside the helmet and the head attached to the body. I painted the vests and they are currently drying. Coming along...

DSC08386500x351_zpsde897e36.jpg

DSC08385500x281_zpsf1385f0f.jpg

DSC08384500x362_zpsf2655cdf.jpg

chakaman strikes again............and again...................and again.........and again.........and again.........and again............:impatient:.........and again.........and again.........and again.........and again:impatient:.........and again.......:lecture

Yeah man, what is all this talk? Can't wait to see what plan get's turned into reality. :impatient: (as if he has the time...:lol )

Chaka, what's this I hear about foam, spraypaint, and wood? :dunno :naughty :D

Well guys Im gathering materials to build a couple of cantina booths. As SoloBones mentioned, I just have to find the time. I have a 4ft long shelf Im gonna have and need to decide how to best utilize it.

Thanks for the interest, I will keep you updated. :)

Amazing! Cannot wait to see that.

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

We will see. :)

I just got the pattern sorted out for the booth from Dorg's old Cantina thread and with some help from Duane. I just need to figure out how many I have room for and how deep to make them.

I need to make sure there is room for my 5 member cantina band. I might only have one booth and a corner landing for the Biths. Not sure yet.

I may just go with foamcore and wrap in drywall tape instead of wood. Not sure on that yet either. Decisions, decisions. :)

Well guys Im gathering materials to build a couple of cantina booths.

(cut)

I have a 4ft long shelf Im gonna have and need to decide how to best utilize it.

Thanks for the interest, I will keep you updated. :)

OOOh yeah! You got the custom dollies, now you're going to double down on awesome!!

We will see. :)

I just got the pattern sorted out for the booth from Dorg's old Cantina thread and with some help from Duane. I just need to figure out how many I have room for and how deep to make them.

I need to make sure there is room for my 5 member cantina band. I might only have one booth and a corner landing for the Biths. Not sure yet.

I may just go with foamcore and wrap in drywall tape instead of wood. Not sure on that yet either. Decisions, decisions. :)

Hi Chris,

I have Bidufarewell's Cantina booth that he built from Dorgs plans and if you do go the wood & spackle route its heavy...not to mention big.

I have it in storage in my attic as I am currently looking for somewhere to display it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Well, one of the reasons I want to do a cantina dio showed up today. I got the last two members of the Bith band. :)

DSC084181000x628_zps79674145.jpg

DSC084201000x571_zpsf8706c6f.jpg

DSC084251000x565_zps19a0174c.jpg

DSC084221000x584_zps842aea67.jpg

They look pretty cool as a group, I really like them. The Ommni box of Tech M'or is really nice. Great set!

Now onto the dio build. :)

Last edited:
dude.................if you weren't playing the cantina theme at max volume while setting this up you have failed as a star wars fan.........:lecture

:lol...................awesome my friend..............looks great. don't worry if you didn't do that........i was humming the theme while i looked at your pics.........:wink1:

dude.................if you weren't playing the cantina theme at max volume while setting this up you have failed as a star wars fan.........:lecture

:lol...................awesome my friend..............looks great. don't worry if you didn't do that........i was humming the theme while i looked at your pics.........:wink1:

Barry, I had A New Hope on while setting it up. That close enough? :)

Me too! Looks great Chris!

Thanks Dan! I appreciate it my friend. I really want to get cracking on some sort of background/dio for these guys.

I was able to pick up another Tusken Raider for a great price. As most of you know, the body it comes on is ****. I dont like the short arms or knee joints. I decided to swap it out with one with longer arms. I redid the arm wraps and there you have it.

DSC084291000x758_zpsfe0c59b4.jpg

DSC084281000x804_zps1e0c3b04.jpg

Gonna change up the bandoliers/robes to make him look a bit different than my other one. I am hoping to have 3 of these guys when all is said and done. Its a great figure. :)

Arms looks way better. If you have the SSC Indy gloved hands they scale better than the hands the Tusken comes with, and the color looks a closer match to the Tusken head. They almost look more like they belong with the fig than the Tusken hands do. Just thought the Tusken hands were just a little too petite looking compared to his head.

Yeah, it was hard to get the action poses I wanted with those short arms.

I agree with your take on the hands, they are a bit small. I have thought about using SSC Endor Trooper hands, but will now look into tracking down some SSC Indy hands. Thanks. :)

Back