Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been spending the past few days putting all my bits together so I could do a few Rebel pilots. Im gonna try to do them assembly line style. I did a bunch of these guys a couple of years ago, but they were kinda sloppy. I really wanted to upgrade them, besides Biggs was getting lonely on the shelf. :)

DSC083531000x702_zps30903470.jpg

Very cool, Chris! I've always been curious to try an assembly line of sorts. Closest I get is painting a handful of the sae helmets. :lol I think your organization is going to be key here!

Yes. I figured it would be easier to make all the vests, then do all the chestbox webing, then paint all the helmets.

Looking forward to cranking these guys out.

i could never do assembly line stuff unless it was really basic paints. i can't break my concentration on getting one figure right & by the time i get him where i want/like it hours have passed...........and it always surprizes me. also, apparently when i'm in that mode i have the ability to block out my wifes voice.......:monkey3..... but not the ability to avoid a thrown shoe upside the head.............:mad:

i could never do assembly line stuff unless it was really basic paints. i can't break my concentration on getting one figure right & by the time i get him where i want/like it hours have passed...........and it always surprizes me. also, apparently when i'm in that mode i have the ability to block out my wifes voice.......:monkey3..... but not the ability to avoid a thrown shoe upside the head.............:mad:

I know what you mean man, but since these guys all have the same outfits I thought it would be easier to do it this way. Who knows? :dunno

Its amazing what one can tune out when they are in the "dolly zone". :)

Awesome Chris!

How are you doing the vests? Just trimming, then sewing the edges to make them clean?

Thanks man.

I use a leather for my vests. I then cut up speaker wire and glue it across the vest pattern. When complete I paint white. I then use 1/4" webbing to put it all together.

I dont like the Hasbro vests to be honest. The "tubes" are too big in my opinion.

Here is what the vest looks like before painting. I made the pattern and cut the wire to form the tubes. I still need to trim it and smooth it a bit, but you get the idea.

DSC08354900x609_zps3cbae982.jpg

Thanks. If any you guys want to try this and have any questions, feel free to ask.

I was looking at some reference pics of the flak vests, it looks like there are nine ribs on the lower part ans two ribs on the upper part.

Whats nice, is I just need to take a hobby knife and remove a couple ribs. I also like using wire for the vests is because you can bend it so it sits properly on the body.

I have been spending the past few days putting all my bits together so I could do a few Rebel pilots. Im gonna try to do them assembly line style. I did a bunch of these guys a couple of years ago, but they were kinda sloppy. I really wanted to upgrade them, besides Biggs was getting lonely on the shelf. :)

DSC083531000x702_zps30903470.jpg

Oh man!! These are looking GREAT, Chris! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Rich. :)

I also have an A-Wing pilot in the works. I did one like 3 years ago, but wasnt happy with him. Im reworking/sculpting the helmet. Here is where I am right now. Lots of sanding and smoothing to do yet.....

DSC08377700x513_zps5293a30e.jpg

DSC08376700x460_zps8963fcf0.jpg

DSC08375700x469_zps80f3db5b.jpg

Back