Celebration Europe II confirmed - Germany, July 26-28, 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curiosity, really. In order to afford the plane tickets, I'd have to sell a few items from my collection, and I don't want to do that.
I wouldn't do that, either. I'm lucky enough to have airline miles to blow. If I had to pay over $1000, I wouldn't be going. But I do hope some of you guys can swing it. The more, the merrier!!!

Nope. :lecture

We're planning to start with Celebration, then plunge into about six days of exploring Germany! Woot...
That's actually a great idea. I may change my return flight to tack on a few extra days. Thankfully, no change fees... I decided to arrive a little earlier (Wednesday morning,) to give time to get over jet lag, and explore the city. But for some reason, staying later didn't occur to me.

I get a little of what you are saying, but as I've said before, for my money, and as a huge Star Wars fan...

There is no other show which I have had more fun at. And this time, I noticed that Reed even got better at line control. Having the big panels at multiple days and times helped me see more of what I wanted to see. The Super Secret Panel, Star Wars in 60 Minutes, I would not have been able to see them if they were not at multiple occasions.

But far and away, the best part of the experience is meeting all the freaks and staying in line with them, attending things they were interested in, showing off my purchases and tattoo to them. The freaks party!

If I didn't love it so much, I wouldn't be trying my damnedest to get to Germany next year. Really grateful to have met such a great new friend at this years Celebration. And that has never happened at SDCC.

Love Celebration... :D

I concur... on all points.

Ahh.. I'll be skipping CEII. Too expensive to get there, I'll be better off saving up for CVII.

I think I am in the same boat.

I would love to, but if I go to Germany, it's going to be for Oktoberfest. :duff

I think that would be an awesome plan one year bro.

I looked for the heck of it. It's between $1400 and $1500 from Tulsa.

Around $1,000 round trip from the east coast.

Guten Tag, this is Frau Shropt (Katrin)!

I thought I would join the sideshow freaks officially too :yess:

Great to be here with you guys :wave

Willkommen, Frau Shropt! Nice to have you with us.

I'm gonna have to sell my ass down on the corner to afford it...

AGAIN ! :slap

Re: Europe Celebration II confirmed - Germany, July 26-28, 2013

To me, SDCC will ALWAYS blow away a Celebration in terms of what they offer. Star Wars just doesn't have a lot going for it to make a good con.

Well, to be fair it's not totally to compare the two. They're just two totally different beasts.

Well, to be fair it's not totally to compare the two. They're just two totally different beasts.
Agreed. I have been to all 6 US Celebrations, and 13 of the last 15 SDCC's. I would say SDCC is better for TV/movie buffs, or anyone into pop culture. But if you love Star Wars, Celebration is the way to go. I'm into all of the above, but felt my money was better spent this year going to Celebration and skipping SDCC for only the 2nd time. Next year, I decided I'd rather go to Germany than SDCC, so will be skipping it again. If CVII occurs in 2014, I'll probably skip SDCC again, and so on. Two giants cons in consecutive months is a bit much. I tried that two years ago, and was exhausted. I have been replacing SDCC with C2E2. March/April is a good time for a con, spaced far apart from the summer cons. And the programming has been getting better each year, with much smaller crowds. I highly recommend it, for anyone in the Chicago area. NYCC is probably a good alternative as well, although I've never been there.

Anyway, I guess it comes down to what you are more into. There is definitely a wider variety of programming at SDCC. But there's also a ton more people there trying to get into the same panel, and it is extremely difficult to get into some. You'll spend more time in lines at SDCC, and likely miss out on many panels you want to see. Plus hotels cost more. SDCC used to be friggin awesome, before it became over-crowded. It is still awesome, but to a lesser degree because you are guaranteed to become frustrated when you don't get into some panels you really wanted to see. Lots of pros and cons, either way.

Agreed. I have been to all 6 US Celebrations, and 13 of the last 15 SDCC's. I would say SDCC is better for TV/movie buffs, or anyone into pop culture. But if you love Star Wars, Celebration is the way to go. I'm into all of the above, but felt my money was better spent this year going to Celebration and skipping SDCC for only the 2nd time. Next year, I decided I'd rather go to Germany than SDCC, so will be skipping it again. If CVII occurs in 2014, I'll probably skip SDCC again, and so on. Two giants cons in consecutive months is a bit much. I tried that two years ago, and was exhausted. I have been replacing SDCC with C2E2. March/April is a good time for a con, spaced far apart from the summer cons. And the programming has been getting better each year, with much smaller crowds. I highly recommend it, for anyone in the Chicago area. NYCC is probably a good alternative as well, although I've never been there.

Anyway, I guess it comes down to what you are more into. There is definitely a wider variety of programming at SDCC. But there's also a ton more people there trying to get into the same panel, and it is extremely difficult to get into some. You'll spend more time in lines at SDCC, and likely miss out on many panels you want to see. Plus hotels cost more. SDCC used to be friggin awesome, before it became over-crowded. It is still awesome, but to a lesser degree because you are guaranteed to become frustrated when you don't get into some panels you really wanted to see. Lots of pros and cons, either way.

I totally understand. I'm just the opposite and wouldn't choose celebration over sdcc ever. I dig SW but for me I can get my SW along with other things I enjoy more plus hang with freaks. That's what's great about either one they allow you to pick your niche and run. :rock

Back