Celebration Europe II confirmed - Germany, July 26-28, 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Europe Celebration II confirmed - Germany, July 26-28, 2013

This really has me wondering about CVII.
Would they do a back-to-back-to-back?

This really has me wondering about CVII.
Would they do a back-to-back-to-back?

This could possibly push CVII to 2015. We'll see. If no announcement is made by CEII, then you can almost be sure it won't happen in 2014.

As far as CEII goes... I'm definitely going to think about going. It might be worth it for the beer alone. :drink

Also, I'd want to see the crazy prop stuff the Belgian dudes come up with for one of these that is in their own backyard. :google

As far as CEII goes... I'm definitely going to think about going. It might be worth it for the beer alone. :drink

Also, I'd want to see the crazy prop stuff the Belgian dudes come up with for one of these that is in their own backyard. :google

Oh, man! These two statements just made me :thud:

Imagine the possibilities. :panic:

It was three years. Seemed to move along with the new films at first, then anniversaries of the originals. Until CVI came only two years after CV...

Just like Jay said.

Oh man! I hope they continue every two years! Lol

Oh, man! These two statements just made me :thud:

Imagine the possibilities. :panic:

Waller, there's beer there. Beer you couldn't even imagine. Beer so good it will make you cry. And the women, oh the women. Why do you think I imported one myself?

Oh, and a Star Wars Convention.

Waller, there's beer there. Beer you couldn't even imagine. Beer so good it will make you cry. And the women, oh the women. Why do you think I imported one myself?

:lol

And regarding Frau Shropt, you did good, real good. :yess:

You can't count down unless you're attending. :pfft:

I love how the SW convention was just an afterthought... In regards to the Belgian displays, I can't even imagine how friggin HUGE and AWESOME they will be. It will totally be worth it just for that! Plus, I assume the lines won't be as crazy as they are at US conventions. So it may actually be a more enjoyable con in that regard... And the dealers room could have all sorts of foreign collectibles we've never even SEEN here! We just gotta beat Duncan and Gus and Sansweet to them... Oh that's right, they probably have em all already...

It would also be nice to meet some of the Freaks from Europe, who hopefully will attend.

I love how the SW convention was just an afterthought... In regards to the Belgian displays, I can't even imagine how friggin HUGE and AWESOME they will be. It will totally be worth it just for that! Plus, I assume the lines won't be as crazy as they are at US conventions. So it may actually be a more enjoyable con in that regard... And the dealers room could have all sorts of foreign collectibles we've never even SEEN here! We just gotta beat Duncan and Gus and Sansweet to them... Oh that's right, they probably have em all already...

It would also be nice to meet some of the Freaks from Europe, who hopefully will attend.

You guys are making this difficult... Wonder how hard it would be to convince the wifey we need to make an international trip... :lol

I like Celebrations but they've gotten really watered down and lackluster these last two we've had. As cool as it would be to go to Germany, I could never make that trip to what would be probably another lackluster con.

I'll just continue going to SDCC and any Celebrations in the US I go to will only be for a couple of days. There just isn't much offered at Celebrations anymore.

I like Celebrations but they've gotten really watered down and lackluster these last two we've had. As cool as it would be to go to Germany, I could never make that trip to what would be probably another lackluster con.

I'll just continue going to SDCC and any Celebrations in the US I go to will only be for a couple of days. There just isn't much offered at Celebrations anymore.

I thought Celebration V was the best one yet. Was CVI a letdown for you in comparison?

Personally, I loved both of them. I did too many collectors panels at CV and too many autographs at CVI, so I learn from each con what to do next time.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun at CV and CVI but I thought CIV was better. Sideshow was there, Robot Chicken and Family Guy were just getting rolling with their Star Wars specials, there was a huge opening Ceremony deal (even if it was kinda lame), and they genuinely seemed to be Celebrating Star Wars' 30th anniversary.

CV had the Lucas thing but shrunk exhibit hall space it seemed. CVI was kinda the same. Yeah they had a lot of cool life size displays for photos but that seemed to be what took up the most space and made it seem "bigger" and "better". I noticed a lot of the panels were repeated multiple days because it seemed to me that they didn't have anything to show off. The major collectible companies didn't even show off really anything new. Heck, they didn't even really have their own panel with the exception of Hasbro.

Things are pretty light in the Star Wars universe right now and it's showing at Celebration. That isn't to say they aren't fun, but they are definitely not as fun as previous years. Mainly based on offerings rather than what individuals make out of it. Interactions with other fans and friends can make it seem like it was better, but that doesn't mean the convention itself was better.

To me, SDCC will ALWAYS blow away a Celebration in terms of what they offer. Star Wars just doesn't have a lot going for it to make a good con.

I get a little of what you are saying, but as I've said before, for my money, and as a huge Star Wars fan...

There is no other show which I have had more fun at. And this time, I noticed that Reed even got better at line control. Having the big panels at multiple days and times helped me see more of what I wanted to see. The Super Secret Panel, Star Wars in 60 Minutes, I would not have been able to see them if they were not at multiple occasions.

But far and away, the best part of the experience is meeting all the freaks and staying in line with them, attending things they were interested in, showing off my purchases and tattoo to them. The freaks party!

If I didn't love it so much, I wouldn't be trying my damnedest to get to Germany next year. Really grateful to have met such a great new friend at this years Celebration. And that has never happened at SDCC.

Love Celebration... :D

:goodpost:
I couldn't agree more. Would also be nice to meet freaks from all over the world come to my home country for the convention. :hi5:

Fixed the thread title, sorry. I would swear it was the other way around when they made the announcement on Sunday.

Thanks Sean! :hi5:

Ahh.. I'll be skipping CEII. Too expensive to get there, I'll be better off saving up for CVII.

Back