Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do we know he dies? Just because he is not in ROTS doesnt mean he died.

i love how everyone assumes that if the character isn't in the films, he is dead. or if a charater dies in the cartoon or a previous film he has to be mentioned in the subsequent film or it defies canon. how many times was Biggs mentioned throughout the OT? or porkins? or gold leader? or Dack? etc, etc.

It'd be nice if they actually gave someone, besides Obi-Wan, a cool death scene for once. But besides that, the Feb(which means March) release date seems so far away:gah:

perhaps rex wasn't as susceptible to order 66 as the other clones... i would like to see Anakin do away with him.

Why are so many so offended at the thought of Rex being killed of before ROTS?

Clones die. Hell, they don't even live as long as real people if they don't get killed.

Don't take this stuff so personally, people! It didn't really happen.

:)

Would be great if Rex witnesses Anakin do something terrible that he feels he needs to report to the higher ups. And either Anakin does away with him to keep it hidden, or the Emperor arranges to make him go away once he catches wind of it.

Excellent way to kill him off! Get on it Lucasfilm!

I only just got to look at the newsletter, but I am surprised that nobady has mentioned that Captain Rex is on the "coming in the next 30 days" list.

I find this to be GREAT news! I and my son are really looking forward to this piece!

How do we know he dies? Just because he is not in ROTS doesnt mean he died.

We don't know he died but the sheer fact of the character's history as being unfolded in The Clone Wars would lead to his involvement at this juncture as a natural conclusion. Since he isn't seen one would logically assume he died.

How do we know that Rex isn't marching up the stairs of the Jedi Temple behind Anakin in ROTS?:yess:

Simple. Cody has specialized armors, all of the Commanders do. Rex was a Captain which out ranks the Commander so why would he reverted to a common Clonetrooper armor? At minimum his helmet would have looked like a conversion of Cody's. Now it's quite possible that Lucas would change ROTS to include him but as of right now according to ROTS, Appo was the commander at the Jedi Temple.

I think he retired and became a farmer, like the clone in one of the Season 2 episodes :lecture

The character was all about the mission and about the fight. Deciding to be a farmer all of a sudden would be a character faux pas.

perhaps rex wasn't as susceptible to order 66 as the other clones... i would like to see Anakin do away with him.

I would rather see Rex die in the Clone Wars during the fight, have him go down in the fight, not betrayed by Anakin. I wouldn't mind seeing him marching with Anakin but I don't want Lucas' kid to cut his head off in the Temple. A quick cameo and then let the history remain untold would be best honestly, worked for Boba Fett until the Prequels.

Why are so many so offended at the thought of Rex being killed of before ROTS?

Fandom of the character. Some people can't accept Boba Fett went out like a _____ on Tatooine. I love Boba Fett, one of my favorite characters in Star Wars but I'll admit that his death was laughable.

Commander Cody sure had no problem with order 66

As would have Rex. Rex has been portrayed as the perfect soldier. He would have shot a Jedi in the face once the order went out.

I only just got to look at the newsletter, but I am surprised that nobady has mentioned that Captain Rex is on the "coming in the next 30 days" list. I find this to be GREAT news! I and my son are really looking forward to this piece!

I had to cancel this one but I'm dying to see it in hand.

Yeah, saw that myself. :rock He looked so good at Comic-Con.

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

Simple. Cody has specialized armors, all of the Commanders do. Rex was a Captain which out ranks the Commander so why would he reverted to a common Clonetrooper armor? At minimum his helmet would have looked like a conversion of Cody's. Now it's quite possible that Lucas would change ROTS to include him but as of right now according to ROTS, Appo was the commander at the Jedi Temple.

Actually a Commander outranks a Captain. The hierarchy for clones is
Com., Capt., LT, Sgt., etc.

Yeah, he looked great. Glad I have these pictures from Comic-Con to go back and look at from time to time.

Back