Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has nothing to do with a character no longer looking like me, I just take issue with a character no longer looking like him or herself. Do I want a black Steve Rogers? No. But I also don't want a white Blade.

But that's more a guideline than a rule because sometimes race bending does work like SLJ Nick Fury or MCD Kingpin.

I think Nick Fury in the Ultimate Marvel Universe used SLJ as their inspiration..

I freaking loved MCD as Kingpin.. Too bad the movie was a massive swing and miss.

Does Piss off really get edited :lol

Anyways.. Your issues with White men is your own business. I just cant imagine saying that sort of statement about any group.. Its a generalization and the very definition of Prejudice.. I mean you know all white men are not alike right ;)

The Bolded part... I am not sure what you mean here.. Are you referring to the fact that Captain Marvel Use to be Male?? I am not sure what you are talking about.. If so.. then I have to say that White woman are not a minority.. In fact I think they make up the majority by beating out white men by 1%..

But that is neither here nor there.

I agree that there are more important things to get worried about.. I would also say that there are more important things to do then post on a site about toys.. But here we are :lol

Oh it wasn't piss since that doesn't get censored, it was f... quite a venomous post and taking it to the umpteenth degree and was completely unnecessary. It's not ruining my life or anything lol just more dumbfounded how angry he was.

Not about Captain Marvel being male, characters like Miles Morales becoming the new Spider-Man. He didn't erase Peter, they're still two different people.

I think Nick Fury in the Ultimate Marvel Universe used SLJ as their inspiration..

I freaking loved MCD as Kingpin.. Too bad the movie was a massive swing and miss.

MCD had a great build and voice for Kingpin. At that point in time, I really only knew Spider-Man from the Fox Kids cartoon and I really liked him in the role.

MCD was great as Kingpin. I’ve always felt he’d make a great Darkseid in the DCEU. At least in voice.

Does Piss off really get edited :lol

Anyways.. Your issues with White men is your own business. I just cant imagine saying that sort of statement about any group.. Its a generalization and the very definition of Prejudice.. I mean you know all white men are not alike right ;)

The Bolded part... I am not sure what you mean here.. Are you referring to the fact that Captain Marvel Use to be Male?? I am not sure what you are talking about.. If so.. then I have to say that White woman are not a minority.. In fact I think they make up the majority by beating out white men by 1%..

But that is neither here nor there.

I agree that there are more important things to get worried about.. I would also say that there are more important things to do then post on a site about toys.. But here we are :lol

:goodpost: again. :lol

It has nothing to do with a character no longer looking like me, I just take issue with a character no longer looking like him or herself. Do I want a black Steve Rogers? No. But I also don't want a white Blade.

Yeah I don't get the calls for a Black James Bond or a Female James Bond.. Though I think Idris Elba might make a cool James Bond..

But Hollywood should try and get out there and make some great roles for those demographics.

I don't need a female James Bond.. I got Atomic Blond and freaking Loved it!!!!

I said this before but I read an article where black people in the US were tired of Big budget "Black" Hollywood movies being about race issues.. I think that is why Black Panther was such a huge success.. I was just a film were the characters happened to be black but the story could have almost been the same if it was any other demo... Minus location and a speech here or there. Same goes for the big box office for Us and Get Out.. Though those films had more of a "racial message" it still did not beat you over the head with it. I think there is a hunger for these films.

Oh it wasn't piss since that doesn't get censored, it was f... quite a venomous post and taking it to the umpteenth degree and was completely unnecessary. It's not ruining my life or anything lol just more dumbfounded how angry he was.

Not about Captain Marvel being male, characters like Miles Morales becoming the new Spider-Man. He didn't erase Peter, they're still two different people.

I must have saw a different post.. One I saw from Otomofan was Piss for sure.. Maybe he edited it after the fact.. If that s the case he must of thought he went too far also.

Did people complain about Miles? I thought he was well loved.

Miles was actually black in the comics, and a completely separate person in the alternate “ultimate” universe. Pretty much exactly how he was in Spider-Verse, they really didn't change anything at all in the movie vs the comics. Not really sure what this poster is referring to, unless there was some sort if displaced anger by fans about the flick that I missed?

I don't mind them changing the gender or race as long as it doesn't compromise the character, or isn't blatant political pandering, thats irritating as hell to me.

I'm not going to comment on what I did or didn't say in The Sandbox.

I'm of the opinion that this purple texter is most likely someone's troll account. In the few posts that have been made by that account in the last three years, the overwhelming majority of them are sexist flamebait posts with no other purpose than to incite arguments. If this person actually thinks they are the "geek girl" they are trying to come off as, they're not. Just a "tourist," nothing more. At no point has this person shown any kind of genuine affection for the toys, statues, movies, video games, or comic books that most of us have an undying passion for.

You're not here to appreciate things; you're here to fling **** and start arguments. You're a ****poster.

I'm not interested in pointless flame wars with trolls. I'll be ignoring this person from now on, and I'm not going to contribute any further to the matter. If you guys wanna continue flinging poop like monkeys in a cage, go right ahead.

No. Even I didn’t like like him and I’m a person of color. But they are making him more of his own character instead of just black Spider-Man. Before I felt he was nothing more than peter 2.0 with black skin and people gave him a pass. Nothing about him was different aside from a few things to me.

I'm of the opinion that this purple texter is most likely someone's troll account. In the few posts that have been made by that account in the last three years, the overwhelming majority of them are sexist flamebait posts with no other purpose than to incite arguments. If this person actually thinks they are the "geek girl" they are trying to come off as, they're not. Just a "tourist," nothing more. At no point has this person shown any kind of genuine affection for the toys, statues, movies, video games, or comic books that most of us have an undying passion for.

You're not here to appreciate things; you're here to fling **** and start arguments. You're a ****poster.

I'm not interested in pointless flame wars with trolls. I'll be ignoring this person from now on, and I'm not going to contribute any further to the matter. If you guys wanna continue flinging poop like monkeys in a cage, go right ahead.

It’s probably malgus

Fact is truth. Either something happened, or it didn’t. Either Notre Dame unfortunately burned on April 16, 2019, or it didn’t. Refer to my post on the previous page if everything becomes subjective.

I’ll take that as a no, you’re not interested, and that you don’t genuinely believe in what you’re saying.

No surprise.

We shall have to disagree, as I see fact and truth as two different things.

We both are correct in this I think....

Two definitions of truth straight from the dictionary.

TRUTH

-that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

-a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

You take the top definition...

I take the bottom, and to me beliefs are subjective....especially religious, philosophical and moral.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Well either way you didnt say **** off and edit it.. Otherwise your post would say that you edited it.

Did not mean to drag you into it.. My main point was that it appeared to be you did not post what Harley was saying you did so I wanted to set the record straight. Not sure if she takes piss off or **** off the same way.. I personally think there is a difference..

No. Even I didn’t like like him and I’m a person of color. But they are making him more of his own character instead of just black Spider-Man. Before I felt he was nothing more than peter 2.0 with black skin and people gave him a pass. Nothing about him was different aside from a few things to me.

Ok... I have no idea.. I did think the animated movie was highly overrated but thought Miles seemed like a good enough character.

I take the bottom, and to me beliefs are subjective....especially religious, philosophical and moral.

I would agree. Beliefs tend to be subjective. Hence, why I said there’s no such thing as “my truth.” There’s only the truth, and then one’s belief or opinion. For instance, what Obi-Wan told Luke regarding the relationship between Anakin and Vader and that it was “his truth” was bogus, because it wasn’t the truth.

Morals for the most part are also subjective like you said, since they’re beliefs. However, I think there’s some basic morals that everyone can agree on. Such as any belief that advocates for the harming of others who don’t follow or conform to those beliefs, or persecutes any group of people, I would think many can agree is probably worth condemning.

"Speaking your truth" has got to be one of the most asinine phrases to ever reach wide circulation. Truth is truth, independent of any one individual. Speaking one's truth is just another idiotic offshoot of moral relativism.

Two people can't speak conflicting "truth." They're either both wrong or one is speaking truth and the other isn't. It can be true that you're a fool or it can be true that you believe something that's factually incorrect but that doesn't make it "your truth."

"Speaking your truth" has got to be one of the most asinine phrases to ever reach wide circulation. Truth is truth, independent of any one individual. Speaking one's truth is just another idiotic offshoot of moral relativism.

Two people can't speak conflicting "truth." They're either both wrong or one is speaking truth and the other isn't. It can be true that you're a fool or it can be true that you believe something that's factually incorrect but that doesn't make it "your truth."

:exactly:

Me not spending my entire life here is all the evidence you need, right? lol Good, please ignore.

Well either way you didnt say **** off and edit it.. Otherwise your post would say that you edited it.

Did not mean to drag you into it.. My main point was that it appeared to be you did not post what Harley was saying you did so I wanted to set the record straight. Not sure if she takes piss off or **** off the same way.. I personally think there is a difference..

Here you go. He obviously cannot stand the thought of someone here that doesn't think like him. He just saw an easy target I guess because I don't share his politics and religion.

**** off. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. You come in here and think you have the right to tell us what to think, say and do? Typical SJW.

Back