Captain Antilles IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work TK! Those boots make a lot of difference... it would be nice if Sideshow and HT would move to the leather/leatherlike boots. Being able to retain the ankle articulation is a big plus in my book.

Nice work TK! Those boots make a lot of difference... it would be nice if Sideshow and HT would move to the leather/leatherlike boots. Being able to retain the ankle articulation is a big plus in my book.

That can be good and bad. I've found some Buck's to have really ^^^^ty ankle strength and it's the molded boots that stabilize the figure.

It'll be interesting to get Piett, I believe he'll be the first booted Pro figure, wonder how they'll do that, Indy, Belloq and Toht are a different shoe type.

That can be good and bad. I've found some Buck's to have really ^^^^ty ankle strength and it's the molded boots that stabilize the figure.

It'll be interesting to get Piett, I believe he'll be the first booted Pro figure, wonder how they'll do that, Indy, Belloq and Toht are a different shoe type.

I replaced Prajj and Jedi Luke's boots with leather ones, but ended up going back to the plastic. They just look better. Same with Antilles - I got him last night and the boots are fantastic. Much thinner than usual and he can actually hold ankle poses. The look of them is also far superior to leather - very rich and real looking and more in scale than leather could be at this size. I'm a big fan of Antilles, although I think we've been spoiled by the HT paint application. Antilles paint makes him look like a figure from another era compared to recent HT figures.

I'm a big fan of Antilles, although I think we've been spoiled by the HT paint application. Antilles paint makes him look like a figure from another era compared to recent HT figures.

Good thing I don't own any HT figures to compare him against, so he should look fine to me. :eek:

Good thing I don't own any HT figures to compare him against, so he should look fine to me. :eek:

Dave's actually referring to Sideshow's more recent apps style. With Clone Obi-Wan, Frodo, Sam and Gandalf, Sideshow's employed HT's style of casting the head in a fleshtone and painting the details on, makes for a better overall look. Rebel Trooper and Antilles are the first humans to come with traditional Sideshow paint apps in some time.

Dave's actually referring to Sideshow's more recent apps style. With Clone Obi-Wan, Frodo, Sam and Gandalf, Sideshow's employed HT's style of casting the head in a fleshtone and painting the details on, makes for a better overall look. Rebel Trooper and Antilles are the first humans to come with traditional Sideshow paint apps in some time.

Oh, right. I'd forgotten about them. Don't have any of those either.

Nice pics TK0083 is that a "Buck" body on the good Captain?

Yes Sir! That's a "Buck" Body all right; with some slight mods. I just added some extra padding around the legs to give the pants a fuller, baggier look. I also tightened the joints, "especially" around the ankles.

I used leather boots from DID's WWII Japanese officer figure. To each his own in regards to the boots. I just prefer the look of the leather officer boots compared to what Sideshow offers. However, calling one look "Superior" may be a bit extreme.

I DO give credit to the boots Sideshow gave its Rebel Fleet Trooper:banana I think those were well designed and very pliable. I can't wait to try them on a figure with better ankle articulation such as Hot Toys' True Type. These are also the boots that other Star Wars Characters use (X-wing and TIE Pilots, Imperial Officers, Techs, Troopers).

I replaced Prajj and Jedi Luke's boots with leather ones, but ended up going back to the plastic. They just look better. Same with Antilles - I got him last night and the boots are fantastic. Much thinner than usual and he can actually hold ankle poses. The look of them is also far superior to leather - very rich and real looking and more in scale than leather could be at this size.

Crazy talk.

I just got my Antilles but I noticed that he doesn't have a holster. The box says he comes with a belt with holster, but I just checked SS' website and they say he comes with a "Detailed belt."

Detailed Belt? There's no detail, it's simply a strap of leather. What happened to his Holster?

I just got my Antilles but I noticed that he doesn't have a holster. The box says he comes with a belt with holster, but I just checked SS' website and they say he comes with a "Detailed belt."

Detailed Belt? There's no detail, it's simply a strap of leather. What happened to his Holster?

Does he even have one in the movie. I didn't think so, but now you have me doubting it....!?! I think the paint apps on this one turned out real nice. Almost dead on to the proto pics

Nerd question: Is this the captain antilles that C3PO says was his last owner?

Yes, C3PO was serving him aboard Tantive IV.

You really don't see a full shot of him that much in the movie. I think they show his boots more than they do his face. :lol Still you have to imagine that he would have a holster. It would be a shame if the Captain was caught off guard in an attack and forgot where he last placed his blaster.

It's like giving you an unlit lightsaber but no place to hang it on the belt. All because you don't see it, I think it's assumed it's there. Maybe that's why the Rebels were so rag tag, because half of their officers misplaced their blaster.

I just wish SS included a holster with his detailed belt, I would've been Extremely happy with this figure if they had.

I just prefer the look of the leather officer boots compared to what Sideshow offers. However, calling one look "Superior" may be a bit extreme.

I DO give credit to the boots Sideshow gave its Rebel Fleet Trooper:banana I think those were well designed and very pliable. I can't wait to try them on a figure with better ankle articulation such as Hot Toys' True Type. These are also the boots that other Star Wars Characters use (X-wing and TIE Pilots, Imperial Officers, Techs, Troopers).

I should have said "in my opinion" these are superior to actual leather boots. We haven't seen the color and look of these before, it simulates polished leather very well.

Back