Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

I figured they'd go with the Ultimates WWII outfit. It looks fine to me and as long as we get Captain America in his more iconic outfit for the Avengers and any other Captain America films, then I'm fine. Iron Man didn't start out in red and gold afterall. So I'm ok with a suit evolution.

I'm not sure if we are going to get Cap in the iconic suit since it sounds like that is going to be his USO outfit and he hates it. I can't really see him donning it in the modern age to combat supervillains. Maybe Fury will talk to him about how that outfit became a symbol and talk him into wearing it or something.

I'm not sure if we are going to get Cap in the iconic suit since it sounds like that is going to be his USO outfit and he hates it. I can't really see him donning it in the modern age to combat supervillains. Maybe Fury will talk to him about how that outfit became a symbol and talk him into wearing it or something.

I hope so...it's the classic suit or fail for me

The classic suit won't work in modern day live action. Hopefully it will be something like the Ultimates modern suit.

The ultimates modern suit doesn't look that different from me than the classic suit. No wings, chin strap for mask, and a star on his shoulders are the only differences I've noticed.

Besides, I've never understood how it is that something that looks fine in a comic would look all that silly in a live action movie.

I think audiences will accept a classic look in the WWII scenes. But it will be trickier when he is standing next to Iron Man in the modern day segments, and in The Avengers.

I think there will be quite a bit of contrast already with IM, Thor, Cap, the Wasp and ant man.

The ultimates modern suit doesn't look that different from me than the classic suit. No wings, chin strap for mask, and a star on his shoulders are the only differences I've noticed.

Besides, I've never understood how it is that something that looks fine in a comic would look all that silly in a live action movie.

Look at the 60s Batman and Robin or the Justice League movies. The spandex is just awkward in live action.

The Ultimates modern cap is layered and textured, not like spandex at all. More leather, armor, etc.

I see what you mean, not the colors and design so much as the materials. Yeah I can see how that would be a problem. I say give him a Bale batsuit and paint it up like the Cap we all know and love. :lol

But Captain America isn't much of a Spandex guy, certainly not like some other heroes. Those scale-things on his chest would translate as armor quite well. I mean look at the Sideshow PF. That looks good, not silly. It can work. If they have to subsitute leather/rubber for spandex, fine, but keep the design the same. Spider-man worked. Fantastic Four too. Cap's outfit certainly isn't as stupid looking as Wolverine's yellow spandex. Thankfully Wolverine spends quite a bit of time just in jeans and a tank top in the comics anyway.

Thinking about it, I don't know if I would really be opposed to him keeping his WWII outfit during the Avengers. It would look a little out of place, but in terms of the movie I think it would make more sense. I doubt they'll go that route though.

Was this posted already?

https://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/01/close-your-eyes-and-imagine-the-captain-america-costume/

chriscap.jpg

I think so. Is that whathisface that is playing Cap edited into the pic?

I think someone posted awhile back that the stripe order depends on the artist. Some do red in the middle and some do white.

Back