Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Yeah, that's pretty much the primary determinant of whether or not a movie is TDK of a franchise, when there are two movies being compared.

You really don't want to be re TDKR of a franchise though. Or the Spider-Man 3. Or the Xmen 3.

Man, haven't scene a bad clip from this movie yet:

Last edited:

Dat Cap is a beast.

I think they've done a great job handling the physicality of Cap in his three movies so far. He's superhuman, but he's still human. Not this invincible superman of a character. I loved how in the first one, he had that chase scene where he was sprinting on foot. Or in the Avengers where he was getting beat down by the Chitauri blasts and was in visible pain.

I used to think "Cap and his shield" was a dumb concept, but the way they've shown the physical aspects of both Steve Rogers and the shield make me buy it.

Hemsworth wishing he auditioned for the Cap role sbout now. :lol

Who do you think plays their role better?

Evans as Cap. or Hemsworth as Thor?

That's really a close one for me, but I think I give it to Hemsworth.

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding faults in what I've seen. Should be a solid movie. I liked the first one, but didn't love it. Not by any means. This new one though I think will be ridiculously good.

Great question Chap.

Look at RDJ, he didn't just play Stark, he created him from scratch, although some would say his schtick got old and annoying by IM3.

I'm thinking this movie will solidify Evans as Cap for me like RDJ is Stark.

While I think Hemsworth is a good Thor, I still think he needs some more growth in the MCU.

Great question Chap.

Look at RDJ, he didn't just play Stark, he created him from scratch, although some would say his schtick got old and annoying by IM3.

I'm thinking this movie will solidify Evans as Cap for me like RDJ is Stark.

While I think Hemsworth is a good Thor, I still think he needs some more growth in the MCU.

Agreed. Agreed!

I'm really amazed at how well they cast those three roles and how well the actors embraced them. I didn't really think anyone could touch Downey initially. But when all is said and done, I think you'll see a much more divided fan base on who their 'favorite' Avenger is. Those three in particular have done such a superb job. I think Evans has probably surprised me the most, coming from his 'Johnny Storm' days. I totally forgot until the other day that he was the Human Torch. He's Captain to me now. I think of all of the roles I was most worried about Captain America's representation in this whole Marvel Universe was it. But man, Evans is a true standout IMO.

“Oh yeah, this was a big thing!” Chris Evans told Collider of his comments that he would take a break acting after finishing his contract with Marvel Studios. “I gotta watch what I say, I will absolutely clarify. I have a six-movie contract with Marvel and I absolutely plan on fulfilling them. This is without a doubt the biggest blessing in my life. Marvel has literally changed the game for me, and they make great movies. I did direct last year and it was a really fantastic experience, I really enjoyed it. So I’m certainly looking to do that a bit more, so when it comes to exploring other acting jobs I may not be as proactive in trying to find those, I may kind of stick with my Marvel universe in terms of getting in front of the camera, and then getting behind the camera outside of it.” When asked if his cameo in Thor: The Dark World last year counted towards his six-picture deal, Evans clarified “it did not... as far as I know.” What do you think?
Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=95921#qXgPbRDB8xhZoG4E.99

Imagine if casting didn't matter and we had a Hemsworth Spidey and Garfield Thor. :lol

We could've gotten Tom Hiddleston as Thor. :lol

tomhiddlestonasthor.jpg

rs_560x340-140129163824-1024.tom-hiddleston-shirtless-screen-test-012914.jpg

Back