CAN SS KEEP UP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK SITHLORD

Super Freak
Reaction score
With all the stuff MEDICOM is pumping out, i wonder if ..... well the title speaks for it's self. What does SS have in store for us at SDCC? Should we blow are wads, or pace our selves for later? What are your thoughts guys?

Keep up from what?

I didn't know there was a competition going on. I mean, SS distributes both Medicom and HT figs. And SS is working with HT with future figures.

Medicom does 1/6 figures, Kubricks and vinyls. SSC does a wide variety of higher end collectibles - no "keeping up" needs to be done.

SS releases more SW figs than Medicom.

Medicom releases alot of anime characters, which SS does not.

Keeping up meaning who will produced the most talked about item. Like Jabba. I don't see anything that could be bigger than Vader, unless he sucks ass, which I doubt.

If Sideshow decided not to wait till SDCC to show off Snake Eyes, Mystique, Sabretooth LSB, HB2 PF, HB2 1:1 bust, Ambush on Hoth Dio, and all the other stuff that they previewed over the last month...

...I'm sure they MUST have something HUGE planned. :google

With the Pro body and the announcement of Vader, I don't think Sideshow has anything to worry about.

I am impressed with the announcements Medicom has made today.

Keep up from what?

I didn't know there was a competition going on. I mean, SS distributes both Medicom and HT figs. And SS is working with HT with future figures.

I mean keeping up, as in pumping out the figs wise, not competition, as in whose better than who. Sorry if you misunderstood:monkey3

i guess you mean in the 1/6th market????........cuz sideshow is a lot more than just 1/6th. but if that is what you do in fact mean.......sure they can keep up. their r&d with the new body might be taking longer than what we want it to but i think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised. and i dont know why but im thinking that they will reveal more than just vader at SDCC. we need the shock of jabba. been a while.:D

Medicom does good stuff, but it's much less than SSC does all around.. So I don't see any need to keep up really... They are doing just fine.

And that is not even going into what will be showing at SDCC.

i guess you mean in the 1/6th market????........cuz sideshow is a lot more than just 1/6th. but if that is what you do in fact mean.......sure they can keep up. their r&d with the new body might be taking longer than what we want it to but i think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised. and i dont know why but im thinking that they will reveal more than just vader at SDCC. we need the shock of jabba. been a while.:D

Yeah 1/6, i'm just saying the product they are pumping out so quickly, being MEDICOM.

I hope i didn't piss anyone off, that was not my intention!

Yeah 1/6, i'm just saying the product they are pumping out so quickly, being MEDICOM.

I hope i didn't piss anyone off, that was not my intention!

not me, not by a long shot..........the only time a toy pisses me off is when it decides to take a shelf dive..:lol.
and in all reality im kinda glad that sideshow doesnt pump out 10 or 15 1/6th figures out a month...........that would hurt my feelings/<-----(another word for wallet :D).

not me, not by a long shot..........the only time a toy pisses me off is when it decides to take a shelf dive..:lol.
and in all reality im kinda glad that sideshow doesnt pump out 10 or 15 1/6th figures out a month...........that would hurt my feelings/<-----(another word for wallet :D).

Cool man:cool:

I mean keeping up, as in pumping out the figs wise, not competition, as in whose better than who. Sorry if you misunderstood:monkey3

Actually, if you look historically, with the Star Wars line, SSC set the bar and Medicom is finally catching up a bit. Sideshow's cranked out over 30 SW figures in just 2 years basically, Medicom hasn't even hit a dozen I think and has already done rehash stuff like Clone Variants. It's an interesting time to watch what Medicom does, but they're not setting the bar for anything.

Actually, if you look historically, with the Star Wars line, SSC set the bar and Medicom is finally catching up a bit. Sideshow's cranked out over 30 SW figures in just 2 years basically, Medicom hasn't even hit a dozen I think and has already done rehash stuff like Clone Variants. It's an interesting time to watch what Medicom does, but they're not setting the bar for anything.

I agree, but is obvious that SW is VERY important to Sideshow, while for Medicom seemed to be just another license. I think the question should be:

"Can WE keep up with all these cool collectibles being released??"

Back