Campaign for ht tdk costume batman v.2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I didn't know there was a thread here about a new DK suit with jelly bomb gun and sonar eyes! I was talking about this in another thread, should have done it here instead. Yeah, kinda disappointing HT didn't include obviously necessary accessories for the DK new suit version, since the original suit had a pneumatic mangler (wrangler?)

Yes I guess many of us have been talking about this but many didnt care cos they thought it's enough .... but for a die-hard bat fan like me... I simply find it sad that they didnt include a sonar eye-d headscuplt + jelly bomb gun!

That's why the purpose of this thread is created.... I would actually want one more bat figure than joker.... since GOOD QUALITY bat figures are SOOO HARD to come by

I find the current one really top notch, I don't see why there is a need to be that nitpicky. But if I had to change one thing, it would be the rubber suit. As for sonar eyes, they looked a bit goofy to me in the movie, only if they would have been a bit smaller.

In a word (or two) No way. There's no way anyone would buy another Batman. All it would do is cause a big uproar.

As for the sonar eyes? Lamest part of the movie in my opinion.

If they're going to do any other Batman I'd like either League of Shadows Bruce or a first night Batman. but even then I wouldn't buy it probably. One from Begins, One from TDK. Both look fantastic as is and at 200 dollars a piece no one would be in a rush to buy another one.

All we really need from the Nolan Batman movies is Scarecrow, Rhas (Neeson not Watanbe), Gordon and maaaaybe Alfred but I'd hesitate to buy him if they did make him.

mmm... nobody seemed interested in another bats figure.. which you guys have explained with good reason.

That means we have to either (1) create own custom accessories (2) hope that HT will come with accessories pack

I do think if HT releases accessories pack... they will sell very well.... however it's unlikely that they would do this ... sigh.. :(

Hi folks,

I haven't brought the TDK fig yet because I get that feeling HT will do another version like they did with the BB fig and totally knock it out the park at the 2nd attempt.

IMO i think from what I have seen of the Medicom TDK suit i think it looks more movie accurate ..if a lil blue(?!). I don't own a medicom fig and I know from what I have read medicom has loads of issues but I still like the look of that figure more. I will try and hold off for the 3rd Bats flick when HT hopefully have another stab at the suit.

If I did have the HT TDK suit tho I wouldn't want another v.2 made. So I can appreciate why owners of that figure wouldn't want one made.

Just my take. If I had a spare £120 I would definately have the HT TDK bats. tho that's for sure!

Anyone would like to see another Batman in TDK COSTUME BUT with sonar head (light up) + Back pack used in the infamous Hong Kong Scene + the most important accessory of bats in the film: STICKY BOMB GUN DAMMIT!!!

I don't know why if I am a newbie or maybe what i said wasn't that interesting (for that I apologize) and I never got replies.

Hope this thread will get things started for those who wanted HT to make one. The purpose is of course to hope that HT will see the people's response and make their commercial decisions accordingly.

Thanks for looking

hell yeah! at least a thread with my thoughts exactly!

BUT I would not only want a v2 for the reasons you give, but ALSO (and most important imo) for a improved bodysculpt while they are at it...make it LESS BULK HOT TOYS!

If they:
revise the cowl.
sculpt of the cowl has already been revised and is screen accurate (maybe the medicom is even more screen accurate, but the current sculpt is just good enough, no real need to revise as much as the body)

Enough Batman/Joker

if they got 2 and maybe even 3 jokers, than they sure as hell can come with a v2 batman with more accessoires and an improved body sculpt

On the one hand it would be a kick in the face for people who have the original but I'd take it on the chin if it was an actual improvement - the torso slimmed down and the cowl looking more accurate - even with the changes from the prototype to release the cowl still didn't look right. Then again maybe it was just the eyes - Bale seemed to squint in that cowl which the figure did not capture.
indeed, its' not so much the sculpt of the cowl that is inaccurate, like I said, that is good enough. But it's something about the eyes that got me mixed feelings in terms of accuracy.

But a revise of body sculpt is a must!

Yes I guess many of us have been talking about this but many didnt care cos they thought it's enough .... but for a die-hard bat fan like me... I simply find it sad that they didnt include a sonar eye-d headscuplt + jelly bomb gun!

That's why the purpose of this thread is created.... I would actually want one more bat figure than joker.... since GOOD QUALITY bat figures are SOOO HARD to come by

true, but maybe the MEDICOM can give us our satisfaction ;)...(it has the best body sculpt of the new suit!)
and as a batfan and a sucker for accuracy, that is the figure to go IF the final version looks like the ones we have seen on the few prototype pictures of the figure.

In a word (or two) No way. There's no way anyone would buy another Batman. All it would do is cause a big uproar.

As for the sonar eyes? Lamest part of the movie in my opinion.

what to be said about the V2 and maybe V3 joker than? :rolleyes:
if they can do it with Joker, they can do it with Bats either!

and the sonar scene was one of the coolest scenes, even with his sonar eyes.

Hi folks,

I haven't brought the TDK fig yet because I get that feeling HT will do another version like they did with the BB fig and totally knock it out the park at the 2nd attempt.

IMO i think from what I have seen of the Medicom TDK suit i think it looks more movie accurate ..if a lil blue(?!). I don't own a medicom fig and I know from what I have read medicom has loads of issues but I still like the look of that figure more. I will try and hold off for the 3rd Bats flick when HT hopefully have another stab at the suit.

Well, I also did not buy the batman because we got the option of the Medicom (no body seems interested in because it's "medicom") or like you said: HT might bring out a v2 version like they did with Begins.
However, they only bring that v2 out because it still was in TDK! + it had the extra option: the wrangler, so it just came out in context of the 2nd movie.

Last edited:
I'm in the "no" camp as well. I only have the original suit version from TDK and visually I think it much better than the new, "sleeker" suit. But even if I did like the second suit, if they were actually planning on bringing out another TDK figure I'd much rather they spent their energy bringing us a new character like Scarecrow, Alfred or Gordon.

I say NO as well. The v.2 suit is the best built and looking of any suit yet....Hot Toys outdid themselves there. The detail in that suit is absolutely amazing!

I'm in the "no" camp as well. I only have the original suit version from TDK and visually I think it much better than the new, "sleeker" suit. But even if I did like the second suit, if they were actually planning on bringing out another TDK figure I'd much rather they spent their energy bringing us a new character like Scarecrow, Alfred or Gordon.

I say NO as well. The v.2 suit is the best built and looking of any suit yet....Hot Toys outdid themselves there. The detail in that suit is absolutely amazing!

in this thread we don't care about the original suit, it's a thread about the NEW suit and the wish for a V2 of that suit.

we all know the v2 of the original is the best batsuit of THAT suit, but this is not the thread for it.

in this thread we don't care about the original suit, it's a thread about the NEW suit and the wish for a V2 of that suit.

we all know the v2 of the original is the best batsuit of THAT suit, but this is not the thread for it.

Hmm, I'm fairly sure I expressed an opinion that a v.2 of the new suit would not be my wish, which was kinda on-topic, I thought.

Meh, I don't really want to have to buy another Batman. An accessory pack with all of the missing accessories would be awesome and a top seller though.

BR Joker was welcome because it was a totally different costume and you could put the joker thug mask on him. Well worth it. It should be used as an argument to compare version 1 (begins) batsuit and Version two (TDK batsuit). Not as an argument to do another version 2. Like, if they were to do another regular joker with a more purple coat, like only a handful of people would want that and the rest, not so much.

Also keep in mind that even if there is a batman 3 and HT does figures theres not a chance they'd even redo the figure then.

The only reason why they did it for this round (with the Begins batsuit) is because the suit appeared in the beginning of the movie. They had the license for The Dark Knight only this time around.

So unless the same thing happens in 3 (he starts out with the TDK suit then gets a new one halfway through) don't bet on HT doing another figure.

Plus there's a good chance he won't even get much of an upgrade for the next movie. Nolan said he wanted to redesign the batsuit from the Burton-esqu rubber look in the first one but ran out of time. So this one was his original vision for the Batman suit of his franchise.

Yeah, I'm happy with the current version, I would like a Commissioner Gordon, preferably in the cool SWAT suit. Hot Toys does that kind of thing very well.

Back