Calling all Customizers! 2007 Female Figure Challenge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited.... got her all put together, just need to get the repaint finished and we are all set to go. Really am having a lot of fun and learning a bit more as I do so.... I's a great learning experience for me. :rock

I finally decided to switch gears. I wouldn't be ableto have the parts in time foor my other project so I went with something else. The best part is all I have left to do is mod the head and get a body!:woo I'm really looking forward to showing her off!

figuremasterles said:
You ever find a head Xander?

Totally missed that!

Well, I ended up going with something different. I need about a half dozen more parts for the my first concept, the new one only requires a body.

!!!ONE WEEK NOTICE!!!

One measley week before all creative, custom Female hell breaks loose! :chew

Hope everyone is well on the way with their figure(s)! :D

Any possibility of an update from everyone?

Me? I am probably only contributing one figure, with some accessories.
(Not counting Major Babe, who may be in some shots with the new one...)
So, that's me, with one.

Anyone else with a progress report? Might be nice to have a week out headcount. Just to get an idea.

shaak ti's all done 'cept for some details and finishing the (metal) saber hilt, been thru two new bodies,two lots of hand made clothes, two head repaints,finally almost happy

It may take some form of miracle for me to get this done, none of the stuff aside from the head which I had has shown up yet.

man i wish I had the time to be invlovled in this.... it's been fun watching the whole 'group thing' happen. can't wait to see the customs you've all done :bow

Well Darren, I will for sure miss an entry by you, as will the rest of us no doubt, but be here as a cheerleader on the sidelines if nothing else. We could always use your kind advice and comments if nothing else.
I hope this is, if nothing else, a great opportunity for some of the members to try their hand at customizing, and to get immediate reaction from the board. That is invaluable for any creative soul to learn and grow. We (The contributors to this wild affair) look forward to all of your comments.

As for our motley list...

DarkArtist81 - 2
Customikey - 3? More?
Hurricane - 1
MiskatonicNick -1?
Xander - 1, I hope!
Anzik Hayes - C'mon dude!
binky - 1?
Mudshark - 1?
Devlinboy - 1?
Serpentor - rootin' for ya!
Ian1138 - 1?
Figuremasterles - 1

I still hold as many of you as I can to trying at least. I know that some have more than one. This will be great! And to those that haven't even tried to "commit" to it, a surprise entry or two, or more, would be totally welcome!
If any can't get a figure done, I understand. I really do. Time, life, all kinds of things intervene, but try. There is STILL TIME! Time to get something cobbled together. I have even found that desperate times can make for some fun resolutions.

And again, I have only had time for one to enter myself. My original Major Babe one, was made solely with parts I had on hand. Fodder. And that was a blast. Try this if nothing else. Just see what's laying about, and create something wild.

Hope to see your figure there next week.
Til then, keep on trying. :D

Addendum:

One or two of the members have contacted me as to the possibility that they simply won't have the time to get their figure (which may be elaborate, as it may be something they wanted for their own collections...) done by Friday.

This is ok. Do us all a favor then, those that can't finish, if you want to, post what you have done so far. We can then at least give you some feedback on it where it is, and you can cull from this some ideas towards finishment perhaps.

I think, to be fair, any unfinished figures submitted, can have a one month lag to be completed, then posted in finished with the others later, but only if you post one in-progress shot next Friday.

Seriously. This may mean half the figures are incomplete, and that would be unusual, but I think that everyone would love to see how far you got, regardless.

Think on it. No one has to post an incomplete figure, but posting something, even if in progress, would be fun to see, and would add to the overall fun. It really would. I bet you'll be surprised by the responses.

Still, I hope you have time to complete something by next week. Best of luck there. Remember, this is not a contest. There are no winners or losers, only cool figures from artisans trying to have some fun and stimulate creativity in everyone!

Let's rock! :rock

Last edited:
Yeah, Les... that's a great idea too. Posting the unfinished figures. Feedback from other artists when you are just starting out can be invaluable.

I know this project was a great learning experience for me. I now look at my parts bin and ideas just start to roll out. I've got an entire series of figures in my brain, along with a storyline that is worthy of a big budget summer film. (look for them next year I hope!).

And on a nice little side note... my nephew came and visited me this weekend, he's about 4. He loved my closet so much and wanted everything he saw.... so I sat him down, grabbed an extra Hasbro figure I had in my drawer and made him a cool figure.... He was a mix of classic GI Joe, Yavin Luke, Jedi Luke and Normandy Ranger....:lol

And damn if he didn't love it and it actually looked pretty freakin cool. Only took me 2 minutes to put together. Now I am supposed to make him a new figure every christmas as long as he wants them.

Mine's going to be on a tempoaray body until mine come in from SSC. But for the most part she's done. The hard part is out of the way and I'm pretty pleased with it.

DarkArtist81 - 2
Customikey - 3? More?
Hurricane - 1
MiskatonicNick -1?
Xander - 1, I hope!
binky - 1?
Mudshark - 1?
Devlinboy - 1?
Serpentor - rootin' for ya!
Ian1138 - 1?
Figuremasterles - 1

did I get myself disqualified? :rotfl

:banghead

OOPS!
Sorry Die! You still in bro?

If so, name, rank and serial number! :D
Er, how many are you submitting, rather... :lol

I myself may, repeat...MAY have two Friday. Maybe. Not sure. Way too much else in line, but I do have one I started a long time back, that all of a sudden, I am thinking, why not add her in? So, maybe she will be here too. Maybe. But one for sure! :D

Everyone else doing well? Any news?

It's almost upon us!!!!!

So....this looking like it yet?

DarkArtist81 - 2
Customikey - 3? More?
Hurricane - 1
MiskatonicNick -1?
Xander - 1, I hope!
binky - 1?
Die - 1?
Mudshark - 1?
Devlinboy - 1?
Serpentor - STILL rootin' for ya!
Ian1138 - 1
Figuremasterles - 1?

Who else????????

Two and a half days!
Two if you are across the globe...

I will be working on mine over the next two days and its entirely possible to have her done, or at least 'mocked up' enough. I'm sure more tweaking will be necessary. The costume is kicking my butt, so I might need to cheat a little.

Rock on Anzik!
Look forward to your submitted figure!

And I just made the connection as to who DIE is. I think we are in for a great female figure from him! :D Can't wait! :monkey5

Hope all is going well for everyone!

Back