Calling all Customizers! 2007 Female Figure Challenge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! CHECK ALL THESE ENTHUSIASTIC MUTHA'S OUT! :monkey5

I can't wait to see all this! Scary bada$$ door knockers? :naughty
Mythical babes in modern dress...
Horny Vixens...I mean, SHAAK TI! (YEAH BABY! Bring her on!)
MORE! MORE!
Just don't tell us all who it is. (Hurricane is now exempt from that, but that is A-OK Herc!)

I just say, guys, girls, whoever, make a figure! I KNOW some of you folks have fodder, parts and some bodies laying around... But, if you have even one of DekDave's dreaded Art Bucks....or a Cygirl, or some other figure...

Oh, and gathering fresh materials is fine too. I just got some SMOKIN' boots from Triad toys for mine. DO NOT THINK INSIDE THE BOX! Get wild.

Like DA. I am scared already! :D She's gonna be too cool I bet.
Now, what has Mikey got up his sleeve..... :cool:
I'll tell you who'd make a cool one, if he has time....Gruff! :D Get to it old fella!
You other customs dudes...get in on this! I know you folks can. Die, Galactiboy, you working on one? Darren? Well...maybe not...lots going on fella....hope that all works out. Dek...Pjam...Ironman...imagine what Sunohc might do...:drool ...where are all you guys in this?
I KNOW you got parts.....stuff....fodder.....bodies....imaginations!
Have you got the time???? :naughty

LET's GO!

Can't wait for June 30th!:monkey5

WE'RE GONNA TAKE 'EM OUT A WHOLE NEW DOOR!

OMIGOD.

I just finished mine. I have no idea where this chick came from. She's not what I set out to make. She's completely awesome. I don't know how she'll photograph and my wife took the camera with her to Fenway. She won't be back till tomorrow evening.:monkey4

I am so stoked about this, Les. This young lady I made shows definite influences of the Figuremaster... I had no idea I had this in me. Thanks for the challenge. Can't wait to show her off on the 30th. She's....unusual.:D :D :D

Last edited:
You know how it is when you get inspired, or you get close to finishing something and you just can't stop? It's a lot different from commissions. Commissions you have to work on until you get impatient with it, then you have to set it down and leave it alone for a bit so you don't screw it up.

It's like creative writing v. writing an book report.

Customikey said:
You know how it is when you get inspired, or you get close to finishing something and you just can't stop? It's a lot different from commissions. Commissions you have to work on until you get impatient with it, then you have to set it down and leave it alone for a bit so you don't screw it up.

It's like creative writing v. writing an book report.

Dude! I so understand.

Most folks may not imagine what the creative drive is like. Inspiration fuels one WAY more than the motivation of even the beloved dollar. And when you do have important commissions to do, you cannot skimp or cut corners or whatever. You must do your best. And sometimes, it's still work. I try to wait until I am so motivated that it comes out correctly. Sometimes, you have to work anyway. To get it done at all. Can't hold off forever. But I always try to get into what it is that I am working on. Always.

But, inspiration??? Oh yeah! There's nothing like it.
It flows. "Feel the Force flow through you!"

If your figure is done, so be it. Just hang on to her and wait. Maybe there will be some variation you will make on her before June 30th, or not, but wait. We all want to post at one time. Maybe make another one. No use waiting all month if your juices are flowing so. Just try to keep it in line with whatever you just did, so as to hit us with one theme at one time.

Otherwise, bravo my man! Glad to know I inspired, or otherwise, influenced you at all. I have NO idea what that means of course! :lol Not yet! But I look forward to it.

Excellent stuff Mike. I am so glad to see this kind of excitement for such an idea. Maybe you can help some others get their ideas together or something.

Anyway, just know, come June 30th, it will feel like Christmas morning (Or whatever other big present day you look forward to in your home!), and you'll see...as the pictures trickle in...who will post first? Who will come in last? It all is fun. Folks WILL be watching! I assure you.

This is gonna be fun!:chew

Yeah, I understand where you guys are coming from. Sometimes, things just come out... I know for me... I, today, finished my Michael Myers.... It took me 30 minutes. I just felt it and knew what I wanted to do... and did it. I knew if I waited it would again escape me and I would not achieve what I wanted to.

I have a lot of work to do for other people as well, and am working through it... but it's different. I still have days when I know I can tackle a given repaint or whatever, but you know when the fuel is gone and you have to take a break.

I have my chick planned out, but some of her gear is on "pre-order and won't be here until near the end of the month, so I am going to be coming in right on the wire. :lol

That's why these Gammys are taking me so damned long....

Each one is such a huge project, it's just overwhelming at times.

I looked through all my extra parts and stuff and I decided to go minimalist. My female uses very little gear. It's actually kind of shocking. I had some pieces picked out for her, but once she was alll painted up, I had to totally rethink my innitial concept. So I guess I'm going in a very different direction.

It's killing me! I can't wait to share! But you were right Les. I've got some new additions to make, just as you predicted, so it's good that I waited.

There ya go Mikey! Rock us man! Take it as far as you can!

So, other than Customikey, Josh, Hurricane and myself...????
Who else is in on this custom challenge? Anyone?
I hope we get at least ten folks working on a figure.
Be nice to see a few. The more, the more fun. These can be any cool female character. 1/6 prefered. PF size is welcome. Sculptures might be ok. Looking more for posable figures (dollies), but are not limited to.

Who's in? :D
Let's try to get a lock on entries by the 15th.
That way we know what we are looking for on the 30th.

C'mon! Don't be shy! This is not a contest. No way to win or lose (or be embarrassed!), just have fun posting and commenting. I bet you'd surprise yourself! :D

Oh, and after this challenge is over, and if we get some cool entries, we can vote on the next theme and deadline and keep these kinds of figures coming! Might be something in all this that YOU would make! Think on it.

Anyway, who else???

Yeah, I hope we can get some more peeps doing this.... Hell, even if it's a tiny little 3 inch figure.... still cool, still works. Just have fun and let loose your creative souls.... I promise you will be surprised.

This REALLY sounds like fun. I've going through the pages and the enthusiasm is quite contagious! I'd love to jump on board, but I'm not sure if I'll have the parts I need in time. But if I do, count me in!!!

hurricane said:
im currently doing Shaak Ti ,does she count?
If Shaak Ti looked like this...

ShaakTiBAbe.jpg

...I'd do her too!!! :drool :monkey5

Last edited:
Love that ShaakTi pic! :naughty Only Adam Hughes could have rendered that one!

OK, so far, the confirmed list of challengers involved is:

DarkArtist81
Customikey
Hurricane
MiskatonicNick
(Obitsu bod eh! :naughty Can't wait to see her!)
Xander
Anzik Hayes
Figuremasterles

Anyone else?

And I do suspect several ShaakTi's in the lineup now. :lol SO BE IT!
I hope we get some other themes though. Something totally left field...
Where are the LOTR girls?

SO, who else is gonna be on the list?

Who would I love to see contribute a figure? (No pressure of course...)

Ironman1188?
Spencer? (Dude makes great babes! You seen his TV Wonder Woman???)
Sunohc?
Gruff Old Bear?
Some of you newer member customs guys!
Any of you commenter dudes! :D Ill Jedi? You got a girl custom in you?
Where's King Darkness? Pix?

Who else? Who wants some? Who wants a little????

We'll see, we'll see. It would awfully nice to paint a girl head instead of the outside of my house...we'll see. Not promising anything dramatic, but I gotta start sometime...

Les, I like your workbench better than my workbench. Mine is a "pile of tools."

Gruff Old Bear said:
We'll see, we'll see. It would awfully nice to paint a girl head instead of the outside of my house...we'll see. Not promising anything dramatic, but I gotta start sometime...

Les, I like your workbench better than my workbench. Mine is a "pile of tools."

I hope so, Gruff! I would love to see something you've put together.... Your work on the horses was amazing...

Okay, Les... Ya talked me into it! Got lotsa parts, bods, odds and ends on hand... Only thing is the wife n' me are moving in a couple of weeks! :horror
If I can manage to cobble something together between moving and my job, then count me in! I'd love to get me some o' this. :monkey5

If I can submit something that I've been planning for months but never got around to actually doing, I'll give it a go. Unveiling it here by deadline might be incentive to get me off my lazy butt to finally assemble it.

DarkArtist81
Customikey
Hurricane
MiskatonicNick
Xander
Anzik Hayes
binky
Mudshark
Figuremasterles

That's nine....
With a maybe on Gruff for our ten.
We're close to a good early turnout.

Good luck guys, on finding time and all. binky, I get you on the deadline thing. I am in the same boat with a lot of other work. This added makes me really busy, but I am enjoying the feeling of urgency for a change. Makes for an exciting kind of creativity.

Anyone else? :D

Back