Cagoda's Customs Cantina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! I?m super determined to make a Max Rebo and his piano, and I still need to finish Ephant Mon and Tessek. So many irons in the fire haha. Slowly but surely making progress.

Are you using the Kenner/Hasbro scans making the rounds, to make them? They look fantastic and surprisingly accurate for scans from old toys. They require a little tweaking work to get just right though, but they look great.

Thanks everyone! I?m super determined to make a Max Rebo and his piano, and I still need to finish Ephant Mon and Tessek. So many irons in the fire haha. Slowly but surely making progress.

Are you using the Kenner/Hasbro scans making the rounds, to make them? They look fantastic and surprisingly accurate for scans from old toys. They require a little tweaking work to get just right though, but they look great.

I saw those scans and thought they were pretty good! But no I?m actually doing the 3D design myself. I wanted to be more accurate since I noticed some inaccuracies in the Kenner/Hasbro sculpts. I?m sure mine won?t be perfect but I?m doing the best I can to keep it in line with the available reference pics.

I saw those scans and thought they were pretty good! But no I?m actually doing the 3D design myself. I wanted to be more accurate since I noticed some inaccuracies in the Kenner/Hasbro sculpts. I?m sure mine won?t be perfect but I?m doing the best I can to keep it in line with the available reference pics.

That?s awesome!

I can?t wait to see what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if anything like amanaman it will be awesome. still glad i got your amanaman james

Thanks guys! Stryker I?ll let you know if I need more reference pics, it?s good to have that option!
And yusss sir I want a Max Rebo badly, figured I?d try to tackle him. Currently in the process of printing out the piano pieces I divided into 8 sections, then I?ll have to put those together, add more details, and cast the whole thing! It?s a big undertaking but figure I could try tackling it since SSC peaced out on that one years ago.

Made some more progress on the Max Rebo piano. Ignore the wonky keys, they will be hand placed after printing, trying to figure out spacing for them. Left side is 240mm diameter only at the main body, which seems a little too big but it's hard to tell because of unreliable reference pics. The right one is 240mm diameter including the side pieces. I printed out the majority of the left side piano size, but now I am having second thoughts and thinking the one on the right might be more accurate.
Printing is done in pieces and once assembled, I'll add additional details like the 6 microphones and the piano's siding. Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.48.02 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.39.47 AM.jpg

Made some more progress on the Max Rebo piano. Ignore the wonky keys, they will be hand placed after printing, trying to figure out spacing for them. Left side is 240mm diameter only at the main body, which seems a little too big but it's hard to tell because of unreliable reference pics. The right one is 240mm diameter including the side pieces. I printed out the majority of the left side piano size, but now I am having second thoughts and thinking the one on the right might be more accurate.
Printing is done in pieces and once assembled, I'll add additional details like the 6 microphones and the piano's siding. View attachment 511568View attachment 511569

that`s awesome i defiantly want a max rebo band for sure. nice job so far james.

Tali, thanks for the reference pics! This definitely helps me scale him better. Having minimal reference pics is a true headache lol.

Yeah, it doesn't take much to throw out the proportions - here's Duane/Enaud's from maybe ten years ago and you can see he's maybe 15% too large next to a regular 12" figure.

TYG6hPp.png

These are characters that have very poor reference next to a regular 6' human, both onscreen and in making-of images - even Droopy is very tricky. I suspect my Droopy is maybe 5-10% too big but it's not that noticeable (though this pic has some distortion for some reason - Droopy doesn't appear quite as large as this in person.)

Max should be a bit above elbow height, Droopy should be just below shoulder-line height, but it's also about getting the "volume" right, not just height.

8lt9CiY.jpg

Watching this custom with much interest, James. Nice progress!
The Tali-files never disappoint... as well as those customs :rock

Back