Cagoda's Customs Cantina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for info on eyelets, I will track some down.

Yes, I would absolutely be interested in your Nikto sculpt after you tweak it. Looking forward to seeing it.

I also.would be interested in an unhelmeted Klaatu sculpt as well if offered.

I am not sure exactly what the fur is called. Its from Hobby Lobby, but that was years ago. I will try to find out for you.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's always great spending the time and effort on this stuff, getting close to a finished product, and being able to share it!

Chaka- Awesome, I'll definitely put you down for a tentative tweaked sculpt. I just think it needs to be updated more and a little more crisp and clean. I cast it in Monster Clay (original sculpt was Super Sculpey) and that should allow me to smooth stuff out and add extra details.
The Klaatu head will definitely be offered when I can finish some of these irons in the fire. and get cracking on that. I'll definitely do unhelmeted so it can be a standalone sculpt, and then make my helmet around that.
This stuff is exciting! I should be able to have some more updates on my Lathe figure, working on the vibe staff tonight.

Some small updates I wanted to visualize in one pic!

Lathe: I managed to 3D design, print, paint the vibro staff, which I can also use as a weapon for Kithaba whenever I get around to that. I managed to make the center part of the vibe staff actual metal so it has a nice heavy weight to it.
I cast a copy of my Lathe head sculpt in Monster Clay to do some updates, like adding a neck peg to make it more easily compatible with figure bodies. I still need to sculpt the improvements and the hands.
I figured out his chest armor thing, and I managed to use actual leather and painted some details. Also made actual leather shoes and spats to give it more realism. Pants are currently just a stand in, haven't been able to start on those yet.

Tessek: He's mainly done just have to finish a few more hands for some of the bodies, add an elastic band to the man jammies for a more realistic cloth effect, and make leather boots for the bodies too. It's hard sourcing consistent boots so I figured I'd just make them myself.

Wooof: Was able to source better fur, but it's still not the type of fur I want. Trying to source a beige or dirty sherpa type. 3D designed and printed the grenades and need to make the bandolier, among other things.

I think that's it for now, hopefully I can have some new updates soon!

0-8.jpeg

Thanks everyone! Tali, I was messing around with the resolution settings of pics and how they get posted on the board, lol sorry I posted a lower resolution pic! Here's a better view of the staff.
Also I reallyyyy like Max Rebo so I'm trying my hand at his piano organ thing. This thing's tedious lol.
lathestaff.jpegmaxrebopiano.jpgmaxrebopiano2.jpg

Hmm, I dug through the ref pics and did a pretty accurate drawing of that Nikto staff. I'll find that to compare with what you have printed. Looks great there though. And that Nikto...:drool

I finished my Max and Droopy last month, so an organ would be awesome. You've made a GREAT start on that sculpt! Looks like you have as good an eye for detail in 3D sculpting as you do in physical sculpting.:clap

I believe the 1982 blueprint (which is not really fully accurate to the prop) is correct in making the organ slightly oval in shape, not circular as it's always been in toys all the way back to Kenner days, but that's probably a total pain to do and can't say you'd notice it.

When I scaled the ref pics, I got a diamater of 24cm (widest point of organ body) and a height of 9cm to the flat area that the keys sit above, then a further 2cm to the top of the keys.

I have a ton of ref pics of the organ, though a lot of them are from roughly the same angle. Here's a close-up of the "klaxons"...

51050822733_618304c45f_o.png

Thanks everyone!! Talibane, you're a lifesaver with the sizing. I got pretty much the same measurements (I'm working in mm) so it's nice to have confirmation on sizing.

I have some more progress I want to share on Lathe, Kithaba, Barada, and a test paint on a broken piece of Max Rebo's piano. Missing a lot of details obviously but didn't want to waste a broken piece. Lathe1.jpegKithaba.jpegBarada1.jpegMax1.jpeg

Back