C3PO / R2D2 PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scriff

Freaked Out
Reaction score
What do you reckon about these droids being released in PF?
Seperately or together?
I would love to see them together - photo stance with 3po's hand on r2's head / dome...

:r2d2line

Just an idea...

Scriff

Curious on a PF of any droids - R2D2, C3PO, Battle Droids, IG-88:

They really wouldn't be a "mixed media" figure, because there would be
no cloth on them. They'd essentially be a 1/4 scale statue of whatever
character it was.

Will Sideshow consider these characters for the Star Wars PF line then?

JS :confused

Sideshow will release them as PF in the future (I hope)

But I cant see them coming as a set (way tooo exspensive.:horror )

Hopefully we'll see them make an entrance at the start of next year..:banana

WW :Wizard

They really wouldn't be a "mixed media" figure, because there would be no cloth on them. They'd essentially be a 1/4 scale statue of whatever
character it was.

The T2 Endoskeleton had no cloth on it and I believe it was considered Premiun Forrmat, was it not?

Eric

Mixed Media doesn't mean cloth. While a Mixed Media piece can consist of cloth it is not required to have it. In the case of the droids, it would surely be cost prohibitive to do them in metal, but there is still room for other mixed media, like the visible wires in 3PO's abdomen and various joints.

It was also mentioned at one time though it may have simply been speculation that a joint R2/3PO piece was planned for the PF line. Guess we shall see, but I definitely expect it down the line.

scriff said:
I would love to see them together - photo stance with 3po's hand on r2's head / dome...

This is the exact same pose I am hoping sideshow will do when/if they create both C3P0 and R2D2. If done correctly, these two would be definately my favourite set in the Star Wars PF collection.

SS did an interview with JediDefender a while back where they said that 3PO and R2 were "highly probable" statue's to be released as a set. That could change, though, but I'd prefer to seem them released as a set.

I didn't know that PF was a synonym for mixed media, or for mixed media on a 1/4 scale. Is it the use of different materials that defines the term PF, or the size, or perhaps both?
Anyway, I'd like to see a PF version of C3PO and R2D2 and I also like to see those 2 in the 12" line (they are heroes of the rebellion, after all)! Set or not. The "hand on dome" pose, is a very nice idea. My Attakus versions of the two droids both have their own base, which makes it impossible to put them that close together.

Iron Man was termed a comiquette, he's 1/4 scale but not mixed media and hence not a PF. But C-3PO would still be mixed media with his non-poly midriff. R2 could conceivably be mixed media if they use metal and polystone on him, like with Greivous.

Darklord Dave said:
Iron Man was termed a comiquette, he's 1/4 scale but not mixed media and hence not a PF. But C-3PO would still be mixed media with his non-poly midriff. R2 could conceivably be mixed media if they use metal and polystone on him, like with Greivous.

or lights for c-3po's eyes etc..

It's nice to know that there are others out there who would like these pair done in PF as much as me! I don't have any PF figures, nor am I likely to (there's only so much I can get through the finance dept...) but I would risk extended imposed celibacy for PF R2 and 3PO. I would like to see the two together as one statue, and perhaps with electronic eyes/lights on both!

Bring it on sideshow!!!

Scriff

r2d2-c3po.jpg

Bring it on, indeed!! My credit card is standing by...

Back