Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's just that's SS is just up to their no good tricks again. How dare they even be in business. :rolleyes2

Or how they ask so much for the Legendary scale R2 when you could probably get or build a lifesize version for that.

That's exactly what I said to the wife. If I'm going to spend that much on a 1/2 scale, I'm going all the way and building a full size that works. lol

--

So these look GREAT on display. The price really gets me though. R2 especially is basically the measuring cups Think Geek sells with a much better paint job and less functionality. It's so ridiculously cheap, hollow plastic it really burns my ass. I *thought* I was buying a statue not an oversized Hot Toy. I actually managed to knock his head off taking it out of the box and went into panic mode waiting for the crash and then crying over the pieces laying on the table. Not with this one. It was perfectly fine. That's a bonus but I still feel like I got ripped off big time. Strike 2 SS. One more like this and we're done.

All of that being said, they look awesome in the Besta and you'd never know unless you picked it up. Now to figure a way to add external power in a way such that the wires can't be seen and with no permanent mods. They display much better with the lights on for sure but I'm way too lazy to turn them on and off all the time. Especially having to pull 3PO's face off to get to the switch.

2016-06-07 18.41.24.jpg

2016-06-07 18.42.45.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just grateful I didn't have to pay the Ebay price to get these guys. The weight of this R2 and the fact it is plastic shouldn't stop anybody from getting it as was said a million times after the first release. The important thing is that it LOOKS fantastic. At least it is a nice thick durable plastic unlike the paper thin 1/6th figure. The only real complaint is the horrible access to the light up features. R2 is not too bad, and I understand why they didn't change it from the previous release but if they could have added the touch feature they used in the 1/6th 3PO it would have made a world of difference here. 13339662_10157022992415451_6716713287235058136_n.jpg

When I turn on the light switch on R2 the holo projector (the white swivel light on the front) does not light up as it is in the pictures you guys have posted. Does it turn on separately somehow that I am missing, or did I get a defective one?

With the lights on, try wiggling the projector lens around to see if it will catch the contact points. You can even try pressing it in as if it was a button. It can be a bit finicky.

Or how they ask so much for the Legendary scale R2 when you could probably get or build a lifesize version for that.

Depending on what material you use. A fully working/rolling Aluminum R2 is probably 7K. If you got skills making parts, or go with wood or styrene you can probably get it done for 2K. I'm in the middle of making one now. Awesome project.

When I turn on the light switch on R2 the holo projector (the white swivel light on the front) does not light up as it is in the pictures you guys have posted. Does it turn on separately somehow that I am missing, or did I get a defective one?

My projector turns on but turns off shortly after its on. Is this normal or should it be on continuous? Do the other projectors light up as well?

Thanks! Mine does turn on and off, just had to have some patience to stare at it a bit longer.:slap

That's exactly what I said to the wife. If I'm going to spend that much on a 1/2 scale, I'm going all the way and building a full size that works. lol

--

So these look GREAT on display. The price really gets me though. R2 especially is basically the measuring cups Think Geek sells with a much better paint job and less functionality. It's so ridiculously cheap, hollow plastic it really burns my ass. I *thought* I was buying a statue not an oversized Hot Toy. I actually managed to knock his head off taking it out of the box and went into panic mode waiting for the crash and then crying over the pieces laying on the table. Not with this one. It was perfectly fine. That's a bonus but I still feel like I got ripped off big time. Strike 2 SS. One more like this and we're done.

All of that being said, they look awesome in the Besta and you'd never know unless you picked it up. Now to figure a way to add external power in a way such that the wires can't be seen and with no permanent mods. They display much better with the lights on for sure but I'm way too lazy to turn them on and off all the time. Especially having to pull 3PO's face off to get to the switch.

View attachment 268989

View attachment 268990

I did not know these were so cheap...I think I'm convinced now that I should cancel this order to get space and extra money for a Batman Prime 1 statue.

I did not know these were so cheap...I think I'm convinced now that I should cancel this order to get space and extra money for a Batman Prime 1 statue.

If you really want a 3PO & R2 like I did, I wouldn't say don't buy them, just know what you are getting and that they are overpriced. Again, they look fantastic on display. 3PO feels more like a die cast Hot Toy than a piece of plastic. He isn't the big issue. Though buying a PF, I expected a statue not a 1/4 scale action figure. R2 is the problem for me. Looks fantastic but when I buy a PF, I'm expecting a solid piece not 3 ounces of plastic. I guess if I had researched previous releases I would have known.

Last edited:
20160612_220543.jpg

I found this pair at my local Sideshow retail distributer over the weekend at almost $50.00 under Sideshow's online price per figure and I couldn't walk away.... although I tried! :rotfl It was a nasty-expensive impulse buy and forced me to cancel one of my other pre-orders, but, I am pretty psyched to have my first new PF figure set in several years.

congrats.. those two are great.. very expensive but very nice !

I know if I found them at one of my comic shops, I'd (more than likely) be coming home poorer too. The reason I haven't placed an order for these is, mainly price, but second is 3P0's face seems off in photos. But, I know if I were to see them in person, I'd geekout & get 'em.

If you really want a 3PO & R2 like I did, I wouldn't say don't buy them, just know what you are getting and that they are overpriced. Again, they look fantastic on display. 3PO feels more like a die cast Hot Toy than a piece of plastic. He isn't the big issue. Though buying a PF, I expected a statue not a 1/4 scale action figure. R2 is the problem for me. Looks fantastic but when I buy a PF, I'm expecting a solid piece not 3 ounces of plastic. I guess if I had researched previous releases I would have known.

Let's say that I was looking for an excuse to cancel this order to get the Prime 1's Batman Armored Statue...I was undefined about it but reading this post helped me to make a decision...today I canceled my order(losing $78 of NRD in the process at Sideshow), but I won't be expending more than $700 on these 2 anymore...instead I will use that towards the $2,200 Batman statue I pre-ordered today...you guys did help me a lot with your comments and feedback. I thank you for that.

Back