Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it arrived in perfect condition with all the light ups working.
Feared the deal was too good to be true but apparently some times it is possible to get lucky!

I am actually willing to trade my sand base for the two new bases if anyone is interested.

you could probably sell your set and then buy the new ones with a few $ in your bank account. I have seen the new ones discounted by 20% locally and with the huge edition size, they will likely be had for even less in due time.

Can anyone point me to the thread for the sandbase version?

Cant seem to find one.

Just picked up the sand version.

Oh, based on page 1 pic, thought is was for a newer version.

Well...couldnt resist the sand base's iconography (for me) and eventually these 2 had to get added to the collection :D
Now just wait and hope they show up ok.

I thought the new version of r2 would get a big spook discount. $40 barely dents it, still way overpriced. I would probably bite in the $250-275 range.

I thought the new version of r2 would get a big spook discount. $40 barely dents it, still way overpriced. I would probably bite in the $250-275 range.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

I want a R2 collectible and this will be it..just waiting on that day is goes even lower.

you can get the new ones for dirt cheap on ebay or through a local AD or show.

take your time and wait for a deal.

Got these guys in.

Happy. Iconic.

Totally forgot they are like plastic...wish that wasnt the case.

Dont really like how R2 just "sits" on top.

Used. 800. Still lights up fine.

Yes I had to post in this old thread because I finally got this, been waiting for a long time. Not sure about C-3PO’s neck, seems a bit long. An AOTC version next would be awesome.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever disassembled the dome on R2 before? My lights haven't worked in a while and I want to repair them. There is also a loose piece that holds R2's spotlights that I want to glue back in place.

Wanted to share this with a group. I've had the original dirty version droids for quite a while but also always liked the pristine, clean, idealic and museum quality portrayal of the exclusive version. Probably not enough to go after it over the course of the years but an opportunity came along with a price that I just could not refuse so I had to jump on them. Really love both portrayals and glad to finally have the whole set.
1000011779.jpg

Back