Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job, Timemeddler!

What sculpt did you use? It really looks good.

SCULPT.jpg

I sincerely don't mean to flog a dead horse, but the USCM figures introduced me to the glory of 1/6 scale figures OVER 10 years ago... and we still have not been blessed with a 2.0 for any figure. RIP Matthews, Paxton, Tipping, and Steedman. Would love to see them immortalized in plastic.

I did a quick "dress rehearsal" of my Hicks. I just wanted to see what he would look like with a new body and head sculpt. Still needs heavy weathering and detailing based on the great checklist provided in this thread. I will say that I'm liking it a lot, so far!

H1.jpg

Nice muscled arms. What body is that?
Thanks,
m.

Unfortunately, I can't recall. I went through quite a number of figure bodies before finding this one. I wasn't a fan of the exposed joints bodies for Hicks, although they would work for other figures wearing longer sleeves. Most of the bodies that I picked up initially were just too buff/big for Hicks. He is in shape but not exactly a body builder.

Unfortunately, I can't recall. I went through quite a number of figure bodies before finding this one. I wasn't a fan of the exposed joints bodies for Hicks, although they would work for other figures wearing longer sleeves. Most of the bodies that I picked up initially were just too buff/big for Hicks. He is in shape but not exactly a body builder.

I am pretty sure that is the Soldier Story SDU "Assaulter" (the one that come with the dog) body. I have one on my Hudson right now for exactly that reason. These guys were not body builders nor famous for their muscles. A good lean seamless arm is a must for them.

Another great body for a lean strong arm is the DAM SDU "Assault team Leader" body. It is a little more natural looking to me and is less vascular, but its elbow does a weird thing when completely straight. You need to keep the bend to look good. I bought one to use on my hicks but I decided to hack it up and use it on Vasquez. (All with images on post# 237 in this thread.)

The DID "Swat" body is a seamless arm that has crap movement and is a bit bulky. I found it to be a great upgrade for Drake though because he doesn't need the range of motion and it has a really pale skin tone. So it is far more naturally looking and accurate than the stock orange body he came with. (page 230 in this thread)

Thanks for the info, bigbisont. I believe that you are correct in regards to the SS body. I have another one of those ready for upgrading Hudson as well.

I'll look into the DID "SWAT" body for Drake's upgrade. I may have a few options available, as I picked up a few seamless ones that could work.

For Hudson, I ended up going with the SS body, same one used for Hicks. I think the proportions look very good.

Quick pic of Hudson. Still needs a lot of work.

Pvt Hudson 1.jpg

For Hudson, I ended up going with the SS body, same one used for Hicks. I think the proportions look very good.

Quick pic of Hudson. Still needs a lot of work.

Looking good. Any updates? Sometimes I regret sellin my Hudson and thats when I focus on improving my Hicks. New added led to the shoulder lamp by a friend

IMG-20200615-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200615-WA0014.jpg

I definitely plan on adding LED lighting to the shoulder lamps as well. Thinking of adding a blinking green light to Hudson's scanner, too.

No work done to Hudson (or Hicks) since then, really. I've got around a dozen projects in progress at the same time, unfortunately. I hope to get back to the Marines soon.

I definitely plan on adding LED lighting to the shoulder lamps as well. Thinking of adding a blinking green light to Hudson's scanner, too.

No work done to Hudson (or Hicks) since then, really. I've got around a dozen projects in progress at the same time, unfortunately. I hope to get back to the Marines soon.

Wow. You mean the scanner in the helmet? I am going to study if i can put a led and change the motion tracker display.

I got a lot of projects on the table too. Hope we see more progress on yours soon.

talk

Wow. You mean the scanner in the helmet? I am going to study if i can put a led and change the motion tracker display.

I got a lot of projects on the table too. Hope we see more progress on yours soon.

talk

I meant the motion tracker for Hudson as well. I have him holding it out. I figured a blinking green LED with the wiring discreetly running up his bandaged arm would work and look pretty cool.

I hadn't thought of the helmet scanner. But I think that would be difficult to pull off and perhaps not worth the effort. Having the shoulder lamp and the motion tracker would be cool enough for me.

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Finally got me a Hicks in the post, my grail and first of many marines hopefully. Vasquez for sure and Hudson if I can, Apone.....the whole squad, APC, Dropship, Sulaco all to scale.

Very thankful for this thread and plan to have a good look at the basics on how to get him going that bit better. Might try to get a checklist of what I want to try and have a printout lingering in each room to haunt me till I get it done.

Will have the snyderman V1 head on order in a few months (poor), thinking a Coomodel b010 as it has the elbow articulation, height and to this day I'm scared of seamless body's and posing long term. Unless anyone had a alternative ?. Don't like the clone HT muscle body's with 90? elbows.
Wish I had the funds to get another head to have in the helmet proper or even have moulded lines for a accurate headset but for now, budget dictates my collection.

Thinking that the chest knife holder is a major need to do something about.
Would love to have options to have helmet on or off on the new head but may try to weather the stock head for that as kinda see Hicks there still.
Maybe try try the talkie headset but have it wrap around the back of the head rather than mess up the sculpts moulded hair.

Getting better at mini painting (40k) so may try some weathering also, not sure on battle damage ATM as can't settle on a overall look or scene I'd like to aim for.

Not got the figure yet and I'm already planning long term. Is a fun world.

Any must have changes to the stock figure that people would advise ?. I'm no master of customs and still green to it all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Back