Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. It's just difficult having to pay that much for such an old figure. (obviously the only game in town, though.)

Still not sure yet...

I think you'll be very happy with it but be warned you may like it so much you end up pushing for the whole set - lol. In terms of the figure the armor, bdu's and accessories are incredible like Manannin said. I got out of hot toys a while back but the Aliens Marines are what i miss the most. If you end up customizing the figure it gets incredibly fun.

I think you'll be very happy with it but be warned you may like it so much you end up pushing for the whole set - lol. In terms of the figure the armor, bdu's and accessories are incredible like Manannin said. I got out of hot toys a while back but the Aliens Marines are what i miss the most. If you end up customizing the figure it gets incredibly fun.
Exactly what happened with me. I planned on sticking with just Hicks, now I only need Apone and Hudson. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fellow Freaks!

May I ask if anyone could please spare a wrist peg? I just need one for Drake and I can't seem to find any of the old Hot Toys pegs anywhere. Greatly appreciate it.

Found a Hicks came with snyder headsculpt, painted a bit too bland so i might get it repainted.
Need to find a gerber knife, anything close, a cheap option.

I m letting go my Hudson if anybody interested.
comes with Hudson Chronotoys headsculpt.
missing helmet but has the helmet cover (so you can use a regular helmet) and motion tracker (might find it)
with box

Figured I would ask here.

I am after a flame unit from the hot toys figures. If anyone has one they could part with. Shoot me a Pm.

thanks guys

Almost a year and a half from my last post in this thread, I finally was able to pick up a Hicks for a good deal.

I've already started reviewing this thread for excellent tips and ideas for upgrading the figure. There is a lot to be done...

Almost a year and a half from my last post in this thread, I finally was able to pick up a Hicks for a good deal.

I've already started reviewing this thread for excellent tips and ideas for upgrading the figure. There is a lot to be done...

Glad to again see this thread up. I decided to sell my modded Hudson to a good friend and keep Hicks.

A few pics from HICKS I just took: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrpC7_Ino84/

Was able to get a Drake for a decent deal as well.

Read through this entire thread today and saved a ton of fantastic upgrading information. Thanks to all that contributed throughout the years.

Quick question for anyone in the know: Which material would be best to replicate the uniforms in 1/6th scale. Just check out below the number of different materials available from Spoonflower!...

Sixth Scale Sci Fi Marine Camo.jpg

Good find FlyAndFight.

I ordered a test swatch of his 1:1 scale USCM camo in "Basic Cotton Ultra" waaay back in 2016 [not actually done anything with it].
Can't say I know much about fabrics but I'm happy to hunt the swatch out and "layman's eye" compare it to the Hot Toys BDUs, if that's helpful?

That would be great. Thanks, hammer-nb! :duff

I'm also curious as to which material type would be best for 1/6th scale. That may prove to be a little more difficult, unless we've got a fabrics expert in our Marine squad... :wink1:

And by the way, the Sulaco has just arrived at LV-305...

IMG_0085.jpg

I found Drake for a good deal as well. I've already started on a body replacement and looking for a head sculpt as well. There's no perfect alternate sculpt for Drake, based on the research done in this thread, but it is almost to the point that anything close is better than the original sculpt. (although several have done great jobs repainting it.)

Hicks is easier. I already have several bodies to test with and a Snyderman sculpt ordered via Ebay.

That would be great. Thanks, hammer-nb! :duff

I'm also curious as to which material type would be best for 1/6th scale. That may prove to be a little more difficult, unless we've got a fabrics expert in our Marine squad... :wink1:

And by the way, the Sulaco has just arrived at LV-305...

View attachment 439384

I found Drake for a good deal as well. I've already started on a body replacement and looking for a head sculpt as well. There's no perfect alternate sculpt for Drake, based on the research done in this thread, but it is almost to the point that anything close is better than the original sculpt. (although several have done great jobs repainting it.)

Hicks is easier. I already have several bodies to test with and a Snyderman sculpt ordered via Ebay.

Very nice...can't wait to see your finished Drake and Hicks!

So a decade late (I bought Ripley when she was pre-ordered), I finally grabbed a Hicks (still new in box) on eBay for a what I think is a decent price ($300).

I've worked with the Snyders for years, so I'm of course going to use their head sculpt(s) -- I sort of like the v2 with the open mouth.

What body have most of you used in customizing him? Any other key tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi Star Puffs, I recently obtained a Hicks as well and also decided to go with the Snyderman V2 "open mouth" sculpt. I ordered it right before Christmas but no word yet on when it will be ready. I guess it is still in the queue for painting, as it has a Feb 14th expected date.

As for a body, I picked up a few from Ebay and will see which one works best. My main concern was getting one with no joints exposed on the arms. I'm leaning towards this one: "1:6 Scale Soldier Story SDU w/ K9 SS097 - S2.5 Muscle Arm Body." The body comes with a neck so I had ordered the neckless Hicks sculpt version.

I would definitely be interested in getting opinions on the best body to use that doesn't come with a neck.

Back