Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than "let down by paint", they were purposefully undercut by paint to avoid lawsuits since they didn't have the likeness rights. Al Matthews was especially litigious and is on record feeling like he had a right to sue if an "Apone" figure even had his complexion (he argued the character wasn't written as a black man so that was capitalizing on something he personally brought to the character. He was cool with having a figure but wanted compensation for it). Clearly Hot Toys didn't want to pony up the cash, so no surprise then that he ended up light skinned, Drake ended up a red-head with mustache, and Vaz ended up pale skin with blue eyes. Not to mention the Biehn sculpt that ended up covered in camo facepaint and moved to SEAL figure. All a damn shame.

As for the whole squad idea, I am working on that very thing! Or I used to be... I have had a box full of custom heads sitting around for over 3 years now. It is always something I plan to do "next" but somehow have yet to get to. I will finish them, though!
View attachment 493105
Holy Thor, that set up is dreamy.
I've saved the picture (if it's ok ?). And would love to look at it now and then to build some motivation to atleast have a single shelf just for Alien at the very least.

I have to many likes to stick to one fandom. I have 4 cases which have to house my love's for to many fandoms. Is a pain in the sitting area.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Just got new shelves and I am displaying this two together. Have them in crowded Detolfs, now in Milsbos from Ikea. Now the collection looks much better. Gonna assemble a third Milsbo this weekend, one per week :rotfl

Hicks has no shoulder lamp, we are working on an external switch so we dont have to open the lamp each time we want to turn the ligh on/off

More pics in my instagram, same nickname.

hicks and ripley.JPG

hicks and ripley and others.JPG

Sharp looking Hudson sculpt.

I love when I see this thread bumped to the top. So much goodness with these figures.

(This reminds me... I have to complete the detailing of my Hudson and Hicks and get started on Drake...)

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Hudson is a great sculpt.
On that tone, i may have some free funds soon to finish of my Hicks.
Apart from the head on eBay, are their other options available today ?

Do like the eBay one but just wanting to see everything available first before committing.

Many thanks

Apart from the head on eBay, are their other options available today ?

Do like the eBay one but just wanting to see everything available first before committing.

Many thanks

I posted this same list in this thread somewhere...but can't remember what page of the 250+.
https://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16022&hilit=head+sculpt

I have most of the Hicks heads listed, but will be using the "Sculptor" head on my final version. I like it best.
(a final version that has been waiting for paint for going on 4 years now...)

I posted this same list in this thread somewhere...but can't remember what page of the 250+.
https://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16022&hilit=head+sculpt

I have most of the Hicks heads listed, but will be using the "Sculptor" head on my final version. I like it best.
(a final version that has been waiting for paint for going on 4 years now...)
Thank you, I have glanced through the entire thread but as with all older threads, I grow disheartened seeing a lot of dead links and skim rather than read everything.

That sculptor Rocco head does look really good. May have to try and track them down and see if it's still available and painted ideally.

Was set on a coomodel body due to double jointed elbows but starting to consider a seamless muscle, just scared of elbows degrading etc.

Quick pics. its a powerfull light. I ended with the battery hidden under the armour with a switch in there.

I have to take better pictures with the Alien blinded by the light

View attachment 505650

A few more pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLBiQo1Ajz-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Looking very good. Another great figure that will help me get mine in order, always been a visual reference rather than a list guy.

Got my head from syniderman finally and looking good.
ATM I need to make a lock for the chest, find some proper white tape for wrist and finesse the lighter and knife straps

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Hey Kam, def looking great. One thing I would suggest is get rid of his 'small pouch'. Shift his large pouch over his left butt cheek. Hicks only had the one large pouch.

Hudson: “Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?”

Last edited:
Back