Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they arent 1/6 for sure, smaller than Ht, nowadays they are closer to the newer koto bishoujos scale, guess around 1/7, 1/6.5...\

Hay guys

I have had a lot of people ask me how i use Silly Putty to mask statues so i thought maybe some of bowen fans might enjoy these videos. Maybe help some of you experiment and change up some of your own statue colors with brighter paints then factory paints.

Someone sent me a Bowen Action Spiderman Statue for me to paint up in blue but not touch any of the red. So it was a perfect item for a tutorial. Now i know my vids are not pretty with fancy settings, but as of now i just want to post and get them out there fot you.

So here is part 1 and 2

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yY6LmgDC40[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfGT840NMY[/ame]

Final outcome on it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KInaFFySmU&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited:
Sooooo awesome! Thank you for taking the time to set up the tutorial. Gives me some confidence that I may regret later.LOL

Hay guys

I have had a lot of people ask me how i use Silly Putty to mask statues so i thought maybe some of bowen fans might enjoy these videos. Maybe help some of you experiment and change up some of your own statue colors with brighter paints then factory paints.

Someone sent me a Bowen Action Spiderman Statue for me to paint up in blue but not touch any of the red. So it was a perfect item for a tutorial. Now i know my vids are not pretty with fancy settings, but as of now i just want to post and get them out there fot you.

Nice tutorial.

Question: You don't have to strip the current paint off? You can just paint over the current paint? No issue with primer?

Nice tutorial.

Question: You don't have to strip the current paint off? You can just paint over the current paint? No issue with primer?

Long as you score the current paint like i did with the sand paper, you can paint right over. That takes off any clear coat or top coat so paint sticks to it. Paint has a harder time sticking to gloss coats or top coats from factories. Plus its possible lots touched the statue to so finger oils dont help.

Long as you score the current paint like i did with the sand paper, you can paint right over. That takes off any clear coat or top coat so paint sticks to it. Paint has a harder time sticking to gloss coats or top coats from factories. Plus its possible lots touched the statue to so finger oils dont help.

Ah, scoring with sand paper. You did mentioned it. Thanks.

I like the first Psylocke (20317). Looks absolutely fantastic but the 2nd one (20307) ain't bad too. I think the straight Xmen Blue version Psylocke (20318) has been done to death and these 2 others really stands out the best. I don't buy many Bowens but this would really peak my interest.

Bowen is junk. Junk is Bowen. Bowen statue is a joke. Joke is Bowen statue. Bowen statue = joke + junk.

Back