Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous lol.

Nice to see they included the 'Stallion chicken' flyer after all.

I actually think this looks better than the prototype, lol. The likeness looks better.

Got mine and set him up tonight!
Mines in great condition with no faults.
Looks like the others so I haven't taken my usual awful photos. :)

Some general thoughts:
The brown shipper is oversized and the inner coloured picture box is good quality.
But the foam pieces to secure it in place are so thin that mine were broken and the inner box was rattling around.
That was cringe inducing but thankfully Blitzay use extremely high quality inner foam that holds everything place perfectly.

The figure has been changed to use a thin steel rod rather than the square block/peg pictured in the prototype. He stands correctly and easily so that's good.

The dog is free standing which I don't like at all. Would have preferred any sort of connection to secure him in place. He's amazingly detailed though. Blitzway hasn't skimped on him at all.

The base is much bigger than expected and actually has artificial weeds spouting up through the cracks. Nice touch!

Rocky himself? Just perfect. I honestly can't think of a better statue sculpt right now. The glass eyes (or whatever they are) add so much more life than Sideshows painted on versions.
Blitzways increase in quality paint apps from the Bruce Lee statues to this is crazy.

The steel spikes on the wrist band (and dog collar) really pop.

I still would have preferred the leather jacket version but I never thought I'd get a street version so this'll do :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts SAB. He looked perfect in these pictures, so it's nice to know he looks perfect in real life also. Shame about the dog being freestanding, but it's not a deal breaker for me as he has 4 legs to stand on, and at least it allows some flexibility with placement.

I'm really excited to get mine now, and can't wait to are what Blitzway do next. My dream statue from these guys would be Don Corleone from The Godfather on his chair, with K.A. Kim doing the sculpt.

Got mine and set him up tonight!
Mines in great condition with no faults.
Looks like the others so I haven't taken my usual awful photos. :)

Some general thoughts:
The brown shipper is oversized and the inner coloured picture box is good quality.
But the foam pieces to secure it in place are so thin that mine were broken and the inner box was rattling around.
That was cringe inducing but thankfully Blitzay use extremely high quality inner foam that holds everything place perfectly.

The figure has been changed to use a thin steel rod rather than the square block/peg pictured in the prototype. He stands correctly and easily so that's good.

The dog is free standing which I don't like at all. Would have preferred any sort of connection to secure him in place. He's amazingly detailed though. Blitzway hasn't skimped on him at all.

The base is much bigger than expected and actually has artificial weeds spouting up through the cracks. Nice touch!

Rocky himself? Just perfect. I honestly can't think of a better statue sculpt right now. The glass eyes (or whatever they are) add so much more life than Sideshows painted on versions.
Blitzways increase in quality paint apps from the Bruce Lee statues to this is crazy.

The steel spikes on the wrist band (and dog collar) really pop.

I still would have preferred the leather jacket version but I never thought I'd get a street version so this'll do :)

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to get this great statue.

I totally agree with you on Rocky in the black leather jacket from the original film 1976, it's amazing that except for customs nobody has made a 1/6 figure or statue of the that iconic look, some collectors have said it's hasn't been done because of the lack of accessories the figure would come with, I don't know, I just like to see it done already.

This looks really good. Glad it turned out like proto. Will pick mines up later so no pic s. Hope they do the ring version as in boxing glove. :lol

No prob, guys.
As a further addendum, (which I know will mean nothing to anyone else) was really surprised my wife commented on how amazing the statue looks. She is not a fan at all of large statues taking up house space. For her to say something so outright positive, it must look freaking amazing :D

I'm really excited to get mine now, and can't wait to are what Blitzway do next. My dream statue from these guys would be Don Corleone from The Godfather on his chair, with K.A. Kim doing the sculpt.

That would be awesome. Mine would be this:

humphrey-bogart-casablanca-trenchcoat-620x786.jpg

Ali would be fantastic. Not that they're necessarily taking suggestions, but I would snap up Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in a heartbeat.

Clint essentially never grants his likeness to figures.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Blitzway announce Ali though.

I would be interested in an Ali statue, but not sure these guys would attempt another shirtless statue given the Bruce Lee fiasco. Just seems too difficult to blend a polystone body with a PVC head and make it look seamless.

I would be interested in an Ali statue, but not sure these guys would attempt another shirtless statue given the Bruce Lee fiasco. Just seems too difficult to blend a polystone body with a PVC head and make it look seamless.

That could always just ask the factory to pay attention when they are gluing the two parts together? :)

Back