Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BLITZWAY- Rocky 2- 1/4th scale

Hot Toys already did a Rocky III and IV, the sculpt from IV isn't very good, love to see someone do a battle damaged Rocky II.

Well, from that teaser shot right there I'm real excited to see the rest. Since EB completely bailed on the 1/4 Rocky 3 I think this has a real good chance of making it into the collection.

What happened with Enterbay Rocky 1/4? I remember they advertised that they were going to do figs from all of the films.

Enterbay found NBA and the rest is history.

I remember they even showed some head sculpts in progress that looked awesome, what a let down. An interesting topic would be biggest let downs in collecting, probably been done already.

Hot Toys already did a Rocky III and IV, the sculpt from IV isn't very good, love to see someone do a battle damaged Rocky II.

And they were Garbage. Id much prefer them to be sculpted and painted to todays standards.

And they were Garbage. Id much prefer them to be sculpted and painted to todays standards.

I agree with you, but the two Clubber Lang Hot Toys had great head sculpts. The Rocky III Italian Stallion was very good, but Rocky IV was bad and Drago looks like a trag queen. It's sucks that know one wants to do a Rocky 1/6 or 1/4, over the last four years the majority of my Rocky purchases have been statues.

Btw what do you think of Storm collectibles Mike Tyson? That fig looks awesome, it is interesting that the championship belt which was promoted only for preorders looks awful, and the championship belt made for the Hot Toys Rocky line looks awesome compared to the Tyson belt.

[SUP][/SUP]
It sucks that know one wants to do a Rocky 1/6 or 1/4, over the last four years the majority of my Rocky purchases have been statues.

I don't know if you're already aware, but Cheungkinmen (who did a great street clothes Rocky a couple years back) is now working on a custom 1/6 training version of Rocky and there are a couple on that thread currently looking to sell their spot.

[SUP][/SUP]

I don't know if you're already aware, but Cheungkinmen (who did a great street clothes Rocky a couple years back) is now working on a custom 1/6 training version of Rocky and there are a couple on that thread currently looking to sell their spot.

I know about those custom Rocky's, the problem is there way over priced, I also prefer statues. The head sculpt doesn't even look like Stallone, you would think that for the high price that the head sculpt would be spot on, you can't beat the accessories, he did a fantastic job, but like I said I have a limit to what I can spend and that kind of $$ is out of my price range. For me the Blitzway Rocky II is fine, it's probably coming with Butkus the dog.

I wouldn't assume its coming with Butkus.
That's another full separate piece that has to go through the production process.
Remember Sideshow just did one with Lobo and it was priced as a separate add on piece entirely for $100+
We've seen a WIP of the apartment steps & sidewalk a while ago and that's a fairly impressive base on its own for this Rocky to be standing on.

I'd definitely like it to be included though!

Hopefully blitzway will release the statue of Rocky in 2016/2017 !!!:mad:

Hopefully blitzway will release the statue of Rocky in 2016/2017 !!!:mad:

I hope we aren't going to have to wait until 2017, I think we are looking at the preorder probably going up in Dec with a July or August 2016 release. This is Blitzway which means a very long wait, but who cares if the statue comes out great.

On Rocky collectibles, am very surprised that with the film Creed coming out Thanksgiving Day that nothing new was released.

Don't care when it comes out ....only that it will come out!
It'll have to be a very large miss or a very large price tag for me to not to buy....

Blitzway- Rocky II 1/4 Superb scale statue

ROCKY II

License : ROCKY II (1979)

Product No. : BW-SS01126

Product type : Superb Scale Statue, (1/4 scale) Hybrid type

Product size
1. Statue : Approximately H 520mm W 250mm
2. Diorama Base : Approximately H 90mm W 300mm

Product Weight : Approximately 11 Kg (including Package)
Dimension (Shipping Box) :Approximately W 380mm x L 600mm x H 350mm (Dimension and weight could be changed later.)
Release : Mar. 2016
Price : USD 459 $
Limited Edition : TBD
1. Spec.
1. Head, Hair, Hand : PVC
2. Body : Skin effect Poly stone
3. Shoes : PVC,ABS
4. Diorama Base : Poly stone
5. Dog : Poly stone, Fabric
6. Costume : Fabric
7. Package : Color EPP + Color Box

2. Description
The 'Rocky' movies catapulted Sylvester Stallone into worldwide fame, starting with the release of the first film in 1976. Blitzway, for its second Superb Scale Statue (1/4 scale) project, decided to recreate Rocky from the second smashing hit of the series, 'Rocky II,' written, directed and starred by Sylvester Stallone and released in 1979.
“I know people will think Rocky is my story, but it's also my generation's story." -Sylvester Stallone-
Sculptor K.A.KIM created an intricately carved face that imbues Rocky's internal conflicts, his love for family, and the anguish felt ahead of a threatening challenge, and captured the image of raw strength and tenacity in the body and pose.
Butkus, Stallone's pet dog in real life and the 'Rocky' series, takes his place next to Rocky as the ever-faithful partner and family member watching over the boxer.
The diorama base recreates the streets from the movie with realistic details and vibrant colors, and the nameplate artistically captures the symbolic training scene from the film.

Tailored clothing and accessories are fit to the 1/4 scale of the statue, and specifically designed to emphasize Rocky's chiseled, muscular body.
With Rocky by your side, be inspired by his strong determination and will power as you push forward on achieving your goals in life.
“I guess, I'll have to do the best I can." -Rocky-

3. Creators
Producer : Won Choi
Director : K
Art Sculpt & Paint : K.A.Kim
Marketing : Won Choi
Production Management : K
Supervisor : Hai Lim
Diorama Base Design : UJU
Costume Design : Hai Lim
Editor of Photography : Hongbaksa
Butkus(Dog) paint : Yoong Young, Lee
Butkus(Dog) 3D : Spider Kwak
Package Design : Hongbaksa
Photographer : StyleFirst
Manufactured by : BLITZWAY

Last edited:
Re: Blitzway- Rocky II 1/4 scale statue

A piece of art, fully iconic, it's not a "ring" version of the character meaning no statue overlapping with previous releases. No visible seam and that great likeness suggest that the head is hard pvc again. Superb in every aspect.

Back