Statue Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to admit I've never understood people's fascination with her, but this is an amazing looking sculpt. I agree though it needed to be a bit curvier.

She was essentially the first of her kind, juggling humour and sex appeal perfectly. That?s the single most important point. There may be more attractive, and better actresses out there, but she had true screen presence (as a result of the combination of the 2 mentioned aspects). Every actress since has tried to replicate that combination (acting ability also), but they haven't been able to, either because they can?t do both parts equally well, or because they can?t sustain it throughout their careers. Marilyn was the first to succeed at that, bringing her own likeable personality onto the silver screen in every film (trademark humour, sex appeal, lazy eyes, breathy voice). Regardless, I rarely find that much love for MM, even though she is so popular. But in my view, that?s the reason why she is so hyped up. There was no one like her before or after her. There are other actresses who are great, but MM is truly unique, and the first of her kind, no matter who follows. All the Classic actors are popular because of their personality on screen, whereas actors now are judged on that, but acting ability also, so we find ourselves looking back at some Classic stars and finding it difficult to appreciate them. Some I feel are a little overrated, but MM deserves her status personally.

She was essentially the first of her kind, juggling humour and sex appeal perfectly. That?s the single most important point. There may be more attractive, and better actresses out there, but she had true screen presence (as a result of the combination of the 2 mentioned aspects). Every actress since has tried to replicate that combination (acting ability also), and they haven?t even come close, either because they can?t do both parts equally well, or because they can?t sustain it throughout their careers. Marilyn was the first to succeed at that, bringing her own likeable personality onto the silver screen in every film (trademark humour, sex appeal, lazy eyes, breathy voice). Regardless, I rarely find that much love for MM, even though she is so popular. But in my view, that?s the reason why she is so hyped up. There was no one like her before or after her. There are other actresses who are great, but MM is truly unique, and the first of her kind, no matter who follows. All the Classic actors are popular because of their personality on screen, whereas actors now are judged on that, but acting ability also, so we find ourselves looking back at some Classic stars and finding it difficult to appreciate them. Some I feel are a little overrated, but MM deserves her status personally.

Jean Harlow was MM's inspiration and, arguably, a much more facile actress. I'm not a huge Harlow fan, but she definitely had the chops for excelling in comedic and dramatic roles. Much moreso than MM, IMO.

At the current snails pace Blitzway is producing these Marilyn statues, you/we will have to wait until 2027 for the next reveal.

I believe the first statue was released in 2015, this is scheduled for 2021 - so every 6 years.

How much longer do you plan on waiting or being alive? [emoji23]

I'm not waiting for anything. I'm just saying if they make that version, I'd probably buy it.

Jean Harlow was MM's inspiration and, arguably, a much more facile actress. I'm not a huge Harlow fan, but she definitely had the chops for excelling in comedic and dramatic roles. Much moreso than MM, IMO.

She may have, but she didn?t make the impression or impact that MM did. That?s the difference for me, Marilyn was able to create an image and personality so unique to herself and cement that in Hollywood. Others may be similar or have the same traits, but they didn?t do what MM did. With MM it?s not so much the acting, it?s just her way on screen, she had a screen presence that other actresses have tried and are still trying to create.

She may have, but she didn?t make the impression or impact that MM did. That?s the difference for me, Marilyn was able to create an image and personality so unique to herself and cement that in Hollywood. Others may be similar or have the same traits, but they didn?t do what MM did. With MM it?s not so much the acting, it?s just her way on screen, she had a screen presence that other actresses have tried and are still trying to create.

Indeed.

She was a star, through and through. She?s iconic, We?ll be seeing images of her forever.

They were both great. Sadly, Harlow didn't have enough time on this earth to become a superstar like Marilyn did. Marilyn was far more beautiful too, due to a slight tweaking of excellent plastic surgery.

so beautiful,
does anyone know if the dress moves at all?

I'm pretty sure it moves. There is a promo pic where they show the hands, and that wouldn't be possible if they didn't put the dress drown, since the statue itself isn't supposed to expose the hands. The dress is a mixture of fabric, wire, and PET, so I assume it'll be somewhat moveable. It certainly looks a little poseable.

No updates that I know of.

When this went up for preorder near the end of last year (Oct?), I thought there would be no way it would meet the ETA of 1st Qtr 2021 that was advertised.

Most other high end collectibles typically have at least a year turnaround between announcement to release, then you factor in Asia gets it first before it slowly trickles to Sideshow and even longer to get to smaller retail shops - I am so jaded being in this hobby for so long. [emoji23]

If I had to guess, Fall 2021?

When this went up for preorder near the end of last year (Oct?), I thought there would be no way it would meet the ETA of 1st Qtr 2021 that was advertised.

Most other high end collectibles typically have at least a year turnaround between announcement to release, then you factor in Asia gets it first before it slowly trickles to Sideshow and even longer to get to smaller retail shops - I am so jaded being in this hobby for so long. [emoji23]

If I had to guess, Fall 2021?

You never know with some companies. Some companies won't reveal and put pieces on PO until they are well ahead of production. Others will reveal the prototype only and then put the pieces on PO.

In this case, I don't know. The only reason why I'm not stressing over this is because I have other stuff I have to take care of first. As long as I have this on PO, then I'm good. Just keeping myself busy while I wait.

Back