Statue Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that you can still buy this on SpecFiction and on BBTS right now, hints to me that Blitzway is probably waiting for a buy order limit to be hit before they kick off Production at their factory. Was hoping to get this as an April bday present for a huge Marilyn fan. Now aiming for Xmas :gah:

The fact that you can still buy this on SpecFiction and on BBTS right now, hints to me that Blitzway is probably waiting for a buy order limit to be hit before they kick off Production at their factory. Was hoping to get this as an April bday present for a huge Marilyn fan. Now aiming for Xmas :gah:
It was sold out on BBTS for awhile. Then it opened back up. Figured there was some cancelations.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In any case, I can wait awhile for this one. I already have it on PO with just the NRD down, so rush at the moment.

In any case, I can wait awhile for this one. I already have it on PO with just the NRD down, so rush at the moment.

As much as I would love to see this statue in person, I do not mind waiting either.

Currently I just do not have the proper shelving yet and I already have a steady stream of other figure and statues that arrive on a monthly basis at my doorstep.

I have high expectations. The last Marilyn was a good and I picked up another older statue from Blitzway a few months ago that was also excellent in my opinion - Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct.

The first bad unboxing video of the production piece has been posted on The Tang Brothers market collectibles facebook page and of course everyone on the other statue forum site are freaking out and cancelling their pre orders.

The first bad unboxing video of the production piece has been posted on The Tang Brothers market collectibles facebook page and of course everyone on the other statue forum site are freaking out and cancelling their pre orders.
Why? I saw the video the statue looks fine….

It's the usual case of someone pulling it out of the box quickly setting it up and taking a lousy distorted video of it and then the people who pre ordered it thinks it doesn't look anything like the prototype and instead of waiting for a properly done picture or video they instead freak out and immediately cancel their pre order.

I don't think it's about distorted videos and pics. The production piece failed miserably, very far from the shown prototype.

215795975_4768049993209449_6830734172915429480_n.jpeg

218166290_4768049889876126_3054955899108232969_n.jpeg

Holy schnitzel! The production piece could NOT have come from the same factory that did the first “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” statue. I have that first one and I thought it would come close to it. Not by a mile.

This looks like it's porcelain...like one of those Hummel figurines...yikes.

I never saw her movies, don't understand the fascination with her and I don't collect statues but this one is so nice, tempted to get one. I only have two 1:4 figures: HT TDK Batman and NECA Keaton Batman. So it will be strange to display her next to the Batmen. 😂

Back