Statue Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw her movies, don't understand the fascination with her and I don't collect statues but this one is so nice, tempted to get one. I only have two 1:4 figures: HT TDK Batman and NECA Keaton Batman. So it will be strange to display her next to the Batmen. 😂
How can you buy a statue of someone you know next to nothing about? Might be worth watching her movies to see if you actually like her as an actress and presence on screen...

Some people don't need a connection to a piece, or even any knowledge of the subject material at all lol

I don't get it either lol I could never buy something I have no idea about. Would be like buying a dragon ball z statue for me haha

Some people don't need a connection to a piece, or even any knowledge of the subject material at all lol

I don't get it either lol I could never buy something I have no idea about. Would be like buying a dragon ball z statue for me haha

Some people can just appreciate the piece based on the artistic merits.

Not a direct comparison to that fellow collector but I find myself occasionally buying certain figures/statues where I may not of been wild about the movie (and did not intend to buy the associated merchandise) but the collectible nailed the actor's likeness or it's a dynamic piece - so I end up buying it.

The JND 1:3 statues are good examples - collectors may not necessarily be fans of WW84 or Suicide Squad but those silicon portraits of Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie are works of art.

Some people can just appreciate the piece based on the artistic merits.

Not a direct comparison to that fellow collector but I find myself occasionally buying certain figures/statues where I may not of been wild about the movie (and did not intend to buy the associated merchandise) but the collectible nailed the actor's likeness or it's a dynamic piece - so I end up buying it.

The JND 1:3 statues are good examples - collectors may not necessarily be fans of WW84 or Suicide Squad but those silicon portraits of Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie are works of art.
If I were rich and had a lot of space, maybe. However, I have to be more discerning than that

I can understand buying an item based on artistic merit. Most sculptures outside of pop culture, say bronzes, are bought based on design, pose, artist etc. The main difference for me, however, is that most bronzes and antiques represent something rather than someone specifically. On top of this, the actual sculpting and its history is quite significant, which is less so in pop culture collectibles. Pop culture is more based on a specific icon/character, because a statue or figure is made based on the fanbase and demand. The actual character is the most important part of the production - their specific look, pose, outfit etc.

In this case, we are dealing with a statue of Marilyn Monroe, not just any woman, but her, and specifically from 'The Seven Year Itch'. It's for Marilyn fans, that's how I see it. It wouldn't look right in a collection of a person who doesn't like or know anything about Marilyn.

Personally, if purchasing a figure of a specific actor, from a specific film, with a specific outfit, I would have to like at least like the actor/actress before thinking about purchasing, and preferably the outfit and film as well. Then I would need the actual sculpting and release to be of a good standard. If these are a pass, then I will purchase.

But that's just me. Obviously everyone can buy that which they please, and for whatever reason - sculpting, detail, paint, pose, to complete a collection etc. I personally would never want to own anything that I don't like specifically, so the actual character/actor is the deciding factor for me above all else.

Last edited:
Honestly don't think it came out THAT bad. Not going to pretend it's perfect, but for $450, it's on par or better than anything else in that range.

20211118_000208.jpg
20211118_144850.jpg
20211118_144823.jpg

Last edited:
I think it turned out decently. Definitely need to temper expectations since the initial production pics. The display angle and lighting make a big difference,

Just received mine this week too, but it’ll stay in the box as it’s a Xmas gift for a big Marilyn fan. Pics like these reassure me that it’ll be received well in the end (I hope).

Last edited:
I think people are misremembering the previous version. The face on that one is actually a bit smoother in the micro details and the lashes are painted on. This version's sculpt's skin is a bit more detailed.

I'd say the body though is less smooth on the previous.

I don't know what's pricey about $450 when barebones 1/4 statues now are hitting $1000.

20211118_010859.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have both statues, and I display them next to each other.. and I think the previous version is more lifelike in terms of skin painting.
The eyelashes are not real like the newer version, but the hair sculpt, skintone and the overall painting is better on the previous version.

Last edited:
I think people are misremembering the previous version. The face on that one is actually a bit smoother in the micro details and the lashes are painted on. This version's sculpt's skin is a bit more detailed.

I'd say the body though is less smooth on the previous.

I don't know what's pricey about $450 when barebones 1/4 statues now are hitting $1000.

View attachment 546955
The problem with the first release I would say was solely the lashes (and lack of rooted hair if you want to be really picky). This rectifies that, but like many are saying, it does look less life-like. I think the hiding of the eyes has a big part to play in that as well. The first statue also had more skin details in terms of colour variation, this one is more or less one pale colour throughout, which gives that 'mannequin' impression. I said $450 is pricey because the previous one was $350, and there doesn't seem to be a worthy justification in terms of improvent in production quality, although 6 years have passed and the market value for statues are of course always rising.

Bigbadtoystore just charged me for this so I should have it by the weekend. Looking forward to seeing how this looks in person!
So I must have jinxed myself, because even though they charged my card and money left my bank on Wednesday of last week, it's still stuck as "processing" on the site. I emailed them so going to see what they have to say.

This is the first time it's ever taken this long for BBTS to ship out. Usually it'll ship the same day it was charged and I literally have the item the next day.

So I must have jinxed myself, because even though they charged my card and money left my bank on Wednesday of last week, it's still stuck as "processing" on the site. I emailed them so going to see what they have to say.

This is the first time it's ever taken this long for BBTS to ship out. Usually it'll ship the same day it was charged and I literally have the item the next day.
Might be all the Black Friday purchases causing delays. All the more anticipation...

I think it came out pretty great. Definitely for the price point.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1639096628872.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639096628872.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FB_IMG_1639096632923.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639096632923.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 69
  • FB_IMG_1639096635393.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639096635393.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20211209-181428_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-181428_Gallery.jpg