Statue Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe Statue - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

This isn't something I'd buy, this gentleman prefers brunettes. But it looks amazing!!! Well done Blitzway....

Definitely getting it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody know is sideshow will carry this I’d hate to miss out if it’s o my through blitzway

Blitzway: Marilyn Monroe Statue - 'The Seven Year Itch' 1:4

Anybody know is sideshow will carry this I?d hate to miss out if it?s o my through blitzway

I think I saw on the Blitzway site, the edition size was TBD.

I doubt it would sell out before they even offer the product to their distributors. I am guessing they will make enough to satisfy the preorders. I have purchased previous Blitzway products from online retailers other than their official store.

But go with your gut. I could be wrong.

I have the blitzway gold dress MM and that's probably enough but if they did Niagara Marilyn, I'd probably bite.

marilyn-monroe-in-niagara.jpg

I loved the gold dress MM, but I didn't have the urge to buy it. Only because she would be the oddball in my collection. But this! ...this MM statue posed in this iconic scene ...man, I just can't say no. She will just have to be a standalone piece.

I?m curious to see how the dress comes packaged? I?m guessing you?ll need to adjust it after unboxing, do the ?wind? effect by hand....

I have the gold dress one as well and it's perfect. This one is more iconic but I actually prefer the face from the first one. If I had a display room, I'd probably get this one too though. They would complement each other and make for a nice one off display.

I have the gold dress one as well and it's perfect. This one is more iconic but I actually prefer the face from the first one. If I had a display room, I'd probably get this one too though. They would complement each other and make for a nice one off display.

hope the next statue is wide eyed to add variety to the collection.

Not sure how to describe it but Marilyn is known for the sultry look and her eyes are usually partially closed. The first statue had that look and this second one is closed.

I like the authentic look but I feel like it is sort of cheating when it is closed and they do not have to sculpt the eyes.

I have the blitzway gold dress MM and that's probably enough but if they did Niagara Marilyn, I'd probably bite.

marilyn-monroe-in-niagara.jpg

At the current snails pace Blitzway is producing these Marilyn statues, you/we will have to wait until 2027 for the next reveal.

I believe the first statue was released in 2015, this is scheduled for 2021 - so every 6 years.

How much longer do you plan on waiting or being alive? [emoji23]

Ill pick this up to pair with my gentleman prefer blondes version, its a beautiful statue, reasonably priced and has a small footprint like the other one. Hopefully the production pieces turn out as good as the first version did

Did anyone else see this video below on Youtube for the new Marilyn statue?

There's behind the scenes of the statue's photo shoot and there's discussion of the movie and statue.

I think they're speaking Korean but the whole video is subtitled in English. The channel is Wiki Figure - i don't think it's a promotional video from Blitzway but the tone is very positive.

https://youtu.be/yFRsYylNu-w

Marilyn.jpg

It does look good, and it is more iconic than the first statue personally. This is the look and the pose, but it may have been better to go with slightly open eyes, because the expression would still be different to the K.A. Kim sculpt. The lazy eyes is so iconic to MM. Eyes also give the realism and life to a figure. But on a positive note, the face looks to have real eyelashes as opposed to painted on ones, that?s a real improvement from the previous version. Marilyn should also definitely be a little bigger all round in the arms and legs, but I guess Blitzway wanted to make Marilyn at her thinnest and most model-like appearance. Rooted hair would also have been good, they should really try that at 1/4 scale, but the sculpted hair does look well done. All in all, a good looking figure. Suspect it will be really good in-hand. Definitely one to get. Really wish Blitzway will make some other Classic figures too, kind of fed up with the lack of interest in that era from the top companies. Hot Toys aren?t going to, hopefully Blitzway will.

Ordered...but the thin limbs do her a huge disservice IMO.

She already was the ideal...for her era. Voluptuous, thick hipped women were all over the 50's, and as much a result of post-war male desire, as they were a reaction against three prior decades of flappers and depression and WWII era austerity. The voluptuousness as a fashion trend, as seen with women like Monroe and Ekberg and others, was partly a symbol of post-war, nuke-age prosperity as it was anything else.

To remove her from that era by making her generic runway model thin, loses something subtle, but also special.

Yea, they did give her a more modern slim look. Even though ...her face is definitely Monroe. Which is a great thing.

...I kinda like that they gave her a modern slim look. Only because they are catering to an audience of today ...not an audience of post-war era. As long as they didn't make her super skinny.

I would've still liked this piece if they didn't give her a modern slim look. Just for the record.

Anyone order 1/4 from Blitzway directly before? Wondering how much shipping to US usually is.

Yea, they did give her a more modern slim look. Even though ...her face is definitely Monroe. Which is a great thing.

...I kinda like that they gave her a modern slim look. Only because they are catering to an audience of today ...not an audience of post-war era. As long as they didn't make her super skinny.

I would've still liked this piece if they didn't give her a modern slim look. Just for the record.

They should have just gone with have MM looked in that scene, in the movie, nothing else. That alone should have been the reference point. It?s not a generic figure, or concept art, it?s very clearly a representation of a character from a particular movie, and a particular scene. Still looks great, but they should have stuck to the movie representation.

Back