Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither do I, a bit of a coincidence that he dies just shy of 20 years after his father died.

yeah especially how it was scripted to GOD and how nobody that I'm aware of has been able to reproduce the cause.

They say Randy Quaid went off the deep end, but sometimes I wonder...

He's been kind of turned into a laughing stock. He's been claiming there's a group in Hollywood who kill celebrities and/or destroy their lives when they don't play ball. I think he's actually wanted here in the US now, he's had to flee to Canada to avoid prosecution.

I've read some star autopsies and several of them are pretty odd- Brittany Murphy, her husband and Whitney Houston. Amy Winehouse is another strange one. It all just kind of makes you wonder what's going on in Hollyweird.

He's been kind of turned into a laughing stock. He's been claiming there's a group in Hollywood who kill celebrities and/or destroy their lives when they don't play ball. I think he's actually wanted here in the US now, he's had to flee to Canada to avoid prosecution.

Interesting, guess I won't be seeing him acting in anything anymore then. BTW what is he wanted in the US for?

I've read some star autopsies and several of them are pretty odd- Brittany Murphy, her husband and Whitney Houston. Amy Winehouse is another strange one. It all just kind of makes you wonder what's going on in Hollyweird.

I watched a documentary on how Britney died and I was not convinced by the cause of death especially since her husband dies shorty thereafter, despite what the documentary concluded as the cause of death. Can't comment on the rest of the stars you mentioned but TBH I am not surprized they ended up dead. When Whitney performed at her "come back" concerts she was so full of drugs that she couldn't even sing the words. As I recall Amy Wine house was in and out of rehab, so both those performers were ticking time bombs and it was just a matter of time they Overdosed.

I'm sure there are people who DO know the strange circumstances over father and sons death.but will never see the light of day.even gun experts say what happened to Brandon COULD NOT happen as any ''blank'' wouldn't travel that distance,and if it did it would bounce off him.and WHY AIM at Brandon anyway??
regarding bruce I do think hashish was part of the cause.but also mr R.CHOW was peed off with bruce as he was going to move back to the US.so maybe a plan to
''overdose'' bruce,similar to the months collapse before,went horribly wrong..all speculation of course...the mystery will live longer than I shall that's for sure.
back to this statue,still a great display piece for sure.

I think it has something to do with either his finances or criminal trespassing and/or damages.

yeah what I find aggravating is how they'll release incorrect/false info and then never bother to retract it or provide the odd details- its on to the next story. Its been a long time now since I've read the autopsies so I might be off a little but both Brittany and Simon died of the exact same thing- pnemonia brought on by anemic condition. Both had an unidentified brown liquid coming from their mouths. Brittany had a drug cocktail in her which the media jumped all over- I think I remember the examiner said it was prescription cold medication and a non contributor. Also strangely Monjack's mom, who was oddly late going for help told the cops in the report that he died because he needed a heart transplant and the officers when questioning his doc were told he was perfectly fine- this was also released by the press and never corrected. Last I heard Brittany's dad was claiming she was poisoned and had some other tests done- wonder what's coming of it...

Whitney Houston's just didn't make sense to me. The water was scalding hot in her tub, I think I remember reading she even had scald marks along with the bruisings- the water was 90 degrees still when measured 6 hours after she was found. Also she was found face down in the tub and the water had overflowed it, filling the apartment- but what is strange is that the girl who found her claimed the water had been shut off. I don't understand how she would be face down in an overflowing scalding hot bath and still manage to turn the water off some time later.

Amy Winehouse is still weirder. Her doc visited her the day before her death and gave her a clean bill of health. Everyone attributes her death to drugs but the police didn't find any. Her neighbor was woken in the middle of the night to the sounds of screaming and howling coming from her place along with the sounds of drums beating. He thought it sounded like some weird sexual game.

sorry if I'm getting way off topic, I just find it interesting

A comparison of GoD and ETD.
The GoD looks close to a film still, or at least the likeness is very strong.
ETD feels just ok... a little generic...could be Bruce, could not be...

And this is not a sleight on Arnie, these two statues are at the very top of BL collectibles.
It is being VERY picky but I feel you have license to be for a $1000 figure.
I think it is in the eyes, perhaps the shape is slightly off and the lighting is more harsh so it can be having an effect.
And the expression is more animated than GoD so this again will affect things.

But overall the GoD is more Bruce to me. The likeness is just there. Whereas on ETD I'm having to search for it a little more.
Really be interesting to get some pics coming in once these hit collectors homes.

Bruce%20vs%20Bruce_zpsepkhj7d3.jpg

I also add that the hair is best treated in GOD that in ETD. The hair ETD are similar to those of the Enterbay. Those of Blitzway could improve the hair of the ETD as previously the hair was the only flaw of GOD.

I think that side by side shot shows the best in both statues.i still think the hair on the ETD is kinda off,it's too neat.bruce was sweating heavily in that scene so his hair should be more messy.if the GOD style was on this I think it would improve it.some shading in the face tones may bring the sculpt up a notch. but it's bruce in those two pics.and i'll be looking forward to some release pics from blitzway in the next week or so.anyway shouldn't we be in the ETD thread:lol

And this is not a sleight on Arnie, these two statues are at the very top of BL collectibles.
I think it is in the eyes, perhaps the shape is slightly off and the lighting is more harsh so it can be having an effect.

But overall the GoD is more Bruce to me. The likeness is just there. Whereas on ETD I'm having to search for it a little more.
Really be interesting to get some pics coming in once these hit collectors homes.

GoD face looks too wide too me ...even on top of a bookshelf a fair distance away from me, its noticeable IMO

The new EtD one I like much better but I'm aware my personal preference is coming into play there.
I prefer sculpts that are a) looking off to one side b) action based/not neutral c) battle damaged.
.....so this pretty much ticks all the boxes for me :)

And then I think the new EtD one is overall better with the full body sculpt and 'walking movement'

Yep, the ETD is an amazing overall full body sculpt.

The paint apps are going to be crucial though, since it is shirtless and there is the 'battle damage'.
And a very good paint app on the face will help bring out the likeness further.

GoD face looks too wide too me ...even on top of a bookshelf a fair distance away from me, its noticeable IMO

The new EtD one I like much better but I'm aware my personal preference is coming into play there.
I prefer sculpts that are a) looking off to one side b) action based/not neutral c) battle damaged.

And then I think the new EtD one is overall better with the full body sculpt and 'walking movement'
good post SAB. preference is key here,this statue is what we get,and a great statue it is.i wonder if arnie made the sculpt thinner/narrower as bruce lost about 20lbs during the filming,and this scene was the last robert clouse filmed.(bruce stayed behind and filmed the opening fight I belive).so maybe arnie had that in mind?

FriendlySamurai great post, very interesting indeed most of my thoughts were just based on assumptions, never knew the details behind those celebs deaths, quite shady indeed.

Yeah I have always felt that way. The ETD one doesn't look as realistic and a bit cartoony IMO.

Your missing the point, it's not about the shape of wideness of the head sculpt, because I think most people agree it is too wide. The discussion is about the core likeness of Bruce, like zooming up on just his eyes, nose and mouth. That is why that pic does not show the chin or top of forehead or the entire jaw line, but mainly the position of the eyes, nose shape and mouth. Those features are more accurate on the GOD than on the ETD IMO. However, if you are talking about head shape than the ETD one is the most accurate one, the jaw is the right shape as it is small and delicate and the face is not wide from the big cheek and jaw bones.

Last edited:
FriendlySamurai great post, very interesting indeed most of my thoughts were just based on assumptions, never knew the details behind those celebs deaths, quite shady indeed.

yeah crazy too just this last week Whitney Houston's daughter face down in the bath. its nuts.

I don't really have any gripes with either statue, would love to have both. I do prefer the ETD tho, partially because its one of the most famous moments in martial arts film and partially cuz I like his animated expression. The god facial expression is a little on the dead/lifeless side. I think both are going to have pluses and minuses in the details but in the end for me I like a statue to capture an emotion or feeling. Is ETD really scheduled for release this month? Seems like I just preordered it lol.

yes blitzway told me beginning of FEB.so hoping to hear some news soon.

I believe that the statue of Bruce Lee will be released in March because now going to get the Chinese New Year ......:impatient:

yeah crazy too just this last week Whitney Houston's daughter face down in the bath. its nuts.

I see she is now in a medically induced coma, it sounds like something strange is going on then.

I don't really have any gripes with either statue, would love to have both. I do prefer the ETD tho, partially because its one of the most famous moments in martial arts film and partially cuz I like his animated expression. The god facial expression is a little on the dead/lifeless side.
I think both are going to have pluses and minuses in the details but in the end for me I like a statue to capture an emotion or feeling.

I agree with all those points you made, but the issue is not which one is the better statue, the issue is which one captures the core likeness of Bruce and IMO the GOD one does. However, I think the ETD one is a better statue overall from those points you just mentioned but the inner likeness is not as strong as GOD IMO.

Is ETD really scheduled for release this month? Seems like I just preordered it lol.

Yeah it's coming out this month, and we all know blitzway products never get delayed.:rolleyes2

not sure if a big delay due to the Chinese new year will be an issue,for what I can find korea (where blitzway are based) have this. Seollal (February 18 – 20)so beggining of FEB should be fine.
please correct me if I am wrong.but as I have said it's going to be mid/end march before I will see this in the UK.
and like steve said blitzway never have delays:wink1:

Seems like most of the time theres delays, its announced a couple months away from deadline, not a couple weeks- Blitzway has me thrown off cuz preorder was only 4 or 5 mo ago... but heres hoping we see him soon

Back