Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a smokin deal for the red jacket version. Coupon cabin also had a 3.5% + 20% bonus on new EE orders for cashback. I should get this for under $150 after CB. Just snagged the last one on the site.

really surprised they had it so cheap! they are selling for $225 range pretty consistently on ebay and other places...

This kinda stuff worries me about the Ghostbusters set.

This is the second time EE has heavily discounted Durden. I'm gonna be kinda ticked if they end up selling the Ghostbusters at these kinds of discounts.

Let's hope that if the figures are good they will get snatched up. The Durden I would think should help the cause as it helps get the word out about Blitzway. I know I'm buzzin ready for the release and it's such a symbolic film for so many it should sell quite well.

I got the bar scene Durden, and opened him up last night. Very nice figure overall, but the photos here are not deceptive. He is way too tanned, and the paintwork is a bit sloppier than it could have been. Like one of the lesser Hot Toys efforts. Maybe on par with SSC's Ash to be honest. But the clothing is very nice, and all the accessories are great. The wrist peg that was assembled onto the figure snapped when I tried to wiggle the hand out. And you can't get the jacket off without taking off the hand first, without risking damage to the jacket using a blow dryer. For the next attempt, I just pulled the hand straight back and that worked OK, but I'm not planning to do much more hand switches.

Good figure, worth the $175 I paid, but nothing that is blowing me away. Borderline Hot Toys level work. I will be satisfied if the Ghostbusters are at this level of quality.

I got the bar scene Durden, and opened him up last night. Very nice figure overall, but the photos here are not deceptive. He is way too tanned, and the paintwork is a bit sloppier than it could have been. Like one of the lesser Hot Toys efforts. Maybe on par with SSC's Ash to be honest. But the clothing is very nice, and all the accessories are great. The wrist peg that was assembled onto the figure snapped when I tried to wiggle the hand out. And you can't get the jacket off without taking off the hand first, without risking damage to the jacket using a blow dryer. For the next attempt, I just pulled the hand straight back and that worked OK, but I'm not planning to do much more hand switches.

Good figure, worth the $175 I paid, but nothing that is blowing me away. Borderline Hot Toys level work. I will be satisfied if the Ghostbusters are at this level of quality.

spare hand pegs are included. but good luck trying to take out the broken peg from the wrist. so far i only pulled the hand straight out, the peg stays in the wrist. you can always dip the hand in hot water to make it easy without damaging the jacket.

and for this figure, swapping hands is very common due to the accessories & poses. you can't figure out whether to have him hold his beer, soap, lighter or ciggy, or his shades.

surprised you did not complain about the crotch protruding out the running pants.

I honestly didn't notice [emoji38]

The generic "relaxed" hand has the peg, which I doubt I would ever pose him with if I had a choice. So no biggie, but I could probably get it out with a thin nail punch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Looking for a red jacket Tyler head, anyone selling one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3118.jpg

Hopefully someone could nudge me in the right direction.
I am trying to bash Narrator to go with Blitzway Tyler, so I got this 1/6 head off eBay, I think it was from ACE Vietnam USMC Force Recon and a grey suit from one of the Chinese vendors.
Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.54.30.jpg

A suit is totally movie accurate, made in the typical 90s fashion, so it looks a bit oversized to my taste. The issue is: I cannot find a neckless narrow shoulder body with the same shoulder length as Blitzway Tyler. I've tried coomodel and generic narrow shoulder, but both of them look massive compared to the Blitzway Tyler and now I am reluctant to get another body. Maybe someone in the community had the same issue and could help me out. Thanks.

Why don't you simply cut that ugly neck off with an exacto knife and use a Tyler body. Pretty sure this will look best. Cutting the neck off is really no big deal. I've done it several times. Take your time and you will be happy with the result. :)

Why don't you simply cut that ugly neck off with an exacto knife and use a Tyler body. Pretty sure this will look best. Cutting the neck off is really no big deal. I've done it several times. Take your time and you will be happy with the result. :)
Holy cow, I never though it was possible. Like, it never occurred to me. Nevertheless, I will leave said method it as a last resort.

I didn't think the figure was that bad it needed a second batch. In fact it looks phenomenal under artificial light. The body looks very well done since you could display him with the shirt unbuttoned or not on at all, the clothing materials are very high quality also i've found. Haven't even tested out the articulation since I don't recall Tyler Durden doing any dynamic poses. I think it's very hard to get a Brad Pitt likeness and Blitzway not only did that very well but also used the perfect expression for Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden.

Here are a few random pictures I took with mine:

IMG_6347.jpg
IMG_6356.jpg
IMG_6457 (1).jpg

I love this set. Must get it. Great pics.

If anyone knows the best place to get it besides BBTS, let me know. I just really want the red jacket version but I'd get both as well.

Back