Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Hey guys remind me of what batteries to get again and how many needed? For the proton packs.

Last edited:
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Krennic was a unicorn... as a body it’s not the worst thing in the world and though it’s not intended to it just provides a unique shape and height hat proved to be very useful for many characters. It literally saved my Picard.

Are you kidding me?

No wonder the Ecto 1 is scaled so big.

I guess its good there's 3-4 Ghostbusters to take up an entire shelf because you can't put these guys next to anyone else. They'd likely make too-tall Vader look properly scaled though.

No, Blitzway did the right thing. No company should conform to the lowest common denominator.

Not all HT are off scale. But sometimes they just rely on a stock body and sign off on it as being 'near enough'. I remember later batches of The First Avenger Captain America had long ankle pegs included in a bag because they realised that they'd signed off on him too short.

Or a company like Sideshow confuses actors altogether and gives Hoth Han Luke's body, and Hoth Luke Han's body. :lol

Kit sells a pack of various size extenders that you assemble as required. Though sometimes it's just best to swap bodies. The Disney Krennic body proved very useful for smaller characters.

I can understand both points of view, but I would agree with your argument.

Even though HT is obviously the biggest name in the 1/6 scale industry and for the majority of us, I'm sure at least 75% of our collections are comprised of HT, BW shouldn't take into consideration what HT does regarding the scale of their figures during the fabrication process of their own. As far as BW is concerned, they're making 1/6 scale figures so they are going to make them true to size in 1/6 scale (or as close as possible to). From their perspective, if HT's figures aren't truly 1/6 scale, that's HT's problem, not theirs (BW).

Like Raymond has argued though, I can understand how this would irk some people being that they like to consolidate their collections differently (80's, horror, sci-fi, etc.) and would prefer to have each of their figures, from all manufacturers, be correct in scale with one another

For myself, it's not really a big deal because whenever possible, I tend to consolidate my figures based on film. So as long as all the figures within that film are in scale with one another, it's not a bother to me. I'm not going to have Venkman standing next to Han Solo or Berserker Predator, so I couldn't care less if they're slightly out of scale with one another.

I get that but at the end of the day in my opinion mathematics doesn’t matter most of us have collections of 50-300 figures and want them to fit in with one another and not have the minority be true to a measurement that doesn’t really matter to anything other than a technicality.

If it’s indeed possible to get them all the right scale why not but if the majority of hot toys bodies are short and you use ankle extenders to get them right, for the guys that are really tall you need to do things like extending arms and torsos to get proportions right and that’s just not easy so at the end of the day Blitzway is best suited to adapt to the industry norm scale wise

Yeah I'm with you on this. Accurate or no, most of my "6 feet tall" characters like Han are 12 inches tall to the top of their hair, and I try to use that as a guide to have everything looking fairly consistent on the shelf. It's always a pain when I have a figure that's out of scale in some way (like my Firefly Mal or repainted Sideshow figures with their larger sized heads), and that I have to keep separate from the rest. And since I'm only getting Venkman, he'll have to get paired up with some other larger scaled figure or two of which I don't have very many.

Of course I think I'll need to shorten Venkman just a bit anyway, since I'm not really liking how high the pants of the jumpsuit are riding on the production figure, compared to the proto where they were lower:

ggdddh.JPG

I'm kind of glad HT didn't do Ghostbusters now, we would have ended up with only 2 figures and some broken promises.

I'm kind of glad HT didn't do Ghostbusters now, we would have ended up with only 2 figures and some broken promises.

Your wrong! We would have only seen a teaser poster with the words....."COMING SOON!!"

While we are asking Blitzway to under scale their figures so that some people can comfortably display them on their shelves next to their competitor's figures why don't we ask Sony to decrease the resolution on their TVs so that the Element TV in the other room does not disturb owners of both brands when they have to finish watching a movie in the bedroom on the other TV.

While we are asking Blitzway to under scale their figures so that some people can comfortably display them on their shelves next to their competitor's figures why don't we ask Sony to decrease the resolution on their TVs so that the Element TV in the other room does not disturb owners of both brands when they have to finish watching a movie in the bedroom on the other TV.

Sony and other tv manufacturers make their TVs compatible to competitors tv / audio components (people would be pissed if they couldn’t play Xbox on a Sony) so I think it’s reasonable for blitzway to scale their figures with other 1/6 figures on the market since a lot of collectors do like displaying their figures together.

Just because other companies don't always care about scale doesn't mean BW have to follow suit.

Unless it's a vehicle. BW couldn't give a toss about scaling those correctly, just so long as you can fit figures inside and push it round the floor making brum brum noises. :wink1:

Just because other companies don't always care about scale doesn't mean BW have to follow suit.

Unless it's a vehicle. BW couldn't give a toss about scaling those correctly, just so long as you can fit figures inside and push it round the floor making brum brum noises. :wink1:

The figures can be “actual scale” but it doesn’t matter as they are out of proportion with most of the figures out there in 1/6 so they look odd when posed next to most 1/6 figures.

The figures can be “actual scale” but it doesn’t matter as they are out of proportion with most of the figures out there in 1/6 so they look odd when posed next to most 1/6 figures.

If they're not in scale with the BW figures then they aren't 1/6 figures.

So you're actually advocating an end to 1/6.

HT can't even keep their figures in scale with each other :lol

HT can't even keep their figures in scale with each other :lol

This is true. Some are the correct height, some aren't.

So if you want figures to look correct next to each other you either select figures that are the right scale, or you adjust them so they are.

Expecting a company to conform to another's sloppy practice is backward looking, if not lazy.

Expecting a company to conform to another's sloppy practice is backward looking, if not lazy.

:exactly:

You should expect the company that's being inaccurate to start being accurate; not expect the company who's being accurate to start being inaccurate.

Most "1/6" figures look odd and out of scale indeed when posed next to figures that are actually 1/6 figures. :)

[QUOTE

:exactly:

You should expect the company that's being inaccurate to start being accurate; not expect the company who's being accurate to start being inaccurate.

Most "1/6" figures look odd and out of scale indeed when posed next to figures that are actually 1/6 figures. :)
You convinced me. They are truly 1/6 scale. Enterbays Mib and the ghostbusters got it right. Everyone else, including blitzway (scarface) got it wrong.

Last edited:
Back