Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Gotta love them comparison pics. Using pics taken from different angles and distances :lol

I actually make my own head sculpts and rubber molds and I can tell you with this process the head comes out the exact same size. I have no ideas what recast method he is using......

If you coat a price in latex rubber mold, use resin to recast it, it’s the exact same size....

What resin do you use that doesn't shrink?

Gotta love them comparison pics. Using pics taken from different angles and distances :lol

Yes, probably best to ignore the Marty/Batman/Egon photo. :lol

Judge by Tom's side by side with Han, and the photo of Egon by the car. Look at his shoulder height against the door opening.

Really love this set, thanks Blitzway. WP_20171124_19_43_43_Pro.jpg

Can anyone recommend any street level or city rooftop backdrops for a detolf to work with these guys? I looked at Extreme Sets and nothing from them fit the bill yet. The "Abandoned House" set may have fit but it doesn't look like it's for a detolf. More like it's one of their 3D diorama's (and is sold out where I was looking).

Most of the recasts Kit sells are PVC, does that shrink more than resin?

PVC shrinks a lot. It's why prototype heads often look too big because they are taking into account the loss of size when moved to PVC. The seasoned sculptors are aware and offset.

All casting resins shrink just depends on the type and how much is used. The larger the quantity, the more noticeable the shrink. If you want to test it, try molding and casting the same piece. Make a new mold from the previous cast. They all get smaller.
Same goes for low temp metals. They shrink a lot.
Precious metals in lost wax also shrink.

Last edited:

A nice statue or ecto 1? Hmmm... ughhhh. Can’t decide!!! It’s a lot of money to splurge on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A nice statue or ecto 1? Hmmm... ughhhh. Can’t decide!!! It’s a lot of money to splurge on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ecto 1 can double as a really nice statue if you don't mess with the features!

To chime in about the scale they are way way way off. Remember Enterbay MIB that was bade out of basketball player bodies that made them about an inch off of scale? It’s that.

To chime in about the scale they are way way way off. Remember Enterbay MIB that was bade out of basketball player bodies that made them about an inch off of scale? It’s that.

Meh, if they're bigger that means it's more bang for the buck.

It was lame opening Yoda and R2-D2, getting these dinky figures for $200. So, now that I get a giant figure for $200. . . it's all good.

Murray and Ramis are recorded as 1.88m tall; Aykroyd as 1.85m.

Hudson was the shortest at 1.83m.

The figures reflect that at 1/6.

When I measured Venkman I was surprised how close he was, and that BW hadn't just used a generic body the way HT do when they make figures too short, as they did with Han (who's only 6' tall if you include boots and hair).

Unfortunately though HT has set the standard with 1/6 scale size even if they are off in scale. That just makes it tough when a company comes along and creates figures in actual 1/6 scale not approximate 1/6 scale. I know the OCD on some are going to cause distress but not for me. I'm just going to display them in separate displays. I won't be putting my 89 Batmobile or my Delorean next to the Ecto so scale means nothing to me.

Oomoo products .....white resin that maybe you lose 1%.

I've never heard of that before. Looking it up, it looks like Oomoo is a silicone, not a resin.

I know Smooth-Cast 321 is a white resin. I never used white resin for headsculpt, always 326, because it was easier to get a better result. It allows you to tint to a variety of skintones and gets that translucency that looks great. But of course, it had a tendency to distort, but just a little bit, usually you could see it in the cheeks.

So, if you're saying silicon doesn't distort, then yes, I believe you. But resin will, the heat generated when it cures causes the distortion. That's the way it was explained to me.

Because 1/6 means 1/6, if a figure is too off in scale I either add height with a choice of ankle extensions or swap to a smaller body.

I like to have all figures as close as possible to the height of their real life counterparts.

I get that but at the end of the day in my opinion mathematics doesn’t matter most of us have collections of 50-300 figures and want them to fit in with one another and not have the minority be true to a measurement that doesn’t really matter to anything other than a technicality.

If it’s indeed possible to get them all the right scale why not but if the majority of hot toys bodies are short and you use ankle extenders to get them right, for the guys that are really tall you need to do things like extending arms and torsos to get proportions right and that’s just not easy so at the end of the day Blitzway is best suited to adapt to the industry norm scale wise

Take the aforementioned and shown Han Solo for example. He has ankle extenders already and boots with a thick sole... there is no way to get him the right scale to these ghostbusters at this point and if even you somehow fandangle custom super long ankle extenders his piddly little T. rex arms will throw him off

The Disney Krennic body proved very useful for smaller characters.

Do you have a pic of this body next to a regular TT body? I'm always on the lookout for smaller bodies. HT Slims are rare and always cost a fortune.

I do like that Blitzway did the right thing by making them actual 1/6 scale, but it really bums me out seeing Ripley next to him. (she was made to short, but THAT short?).

I mostly focus on statues, but is it really THAT hard for companies to get scale correct so that as collectors we don't have a hodgepodge of '1/6' figure sizes throughout our collection for what we pay for a plastic doll? Being OCD it kills me to have to keep figures separated that are far from being scale to each other. GRRRRR

Do you have a pic of this body next to a regular TT body? I'm always on the lookout for smaller bodies. HT Slims are rare and always cost a fortune.

I don't think I ever photographed the naked body against a narrow shoulder. And the bodies are all used as replacements on figures such as SS Luke Snowspeeder to reduce height; QMx Picard to give him squarer shoulders and fill out the tunic; two for different versions of Martin Riggs to reduce height; and one for a Devil's Brigade Wolverine in a baggy airborne uniform.

The body is only slightly smaller than a narrow shoulder, but just enough to make difference.

I wish I'd bought more Krennics when Disney put him on sale.

Back