Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

A Gatekeeper Dana in the sparkly red toga would be neat. Wish they stuck with rooted hair though for the Ripley sculpt. I'm generally a sculpted hair advocate, but she's a figure where I think the rooted hair on the prototype looked better than sculpted.

The rooted hair Ripley prototype sculpt would have been ideal for that. I'm sure you probably could have futzed with the hair to get it to look like this:

ghostbuster01.jpg

A while back Kit Chen posted the average percentage smaller that a recast is. Though I can't remember the numbers he quoted. Maybe 5-10%.

? If you do a mold of the original, then the cast is the exact same size....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The US jump boots are probably the most accurate, with the smoother sole. They lack the zipper on the side of the screen used version, but I don't think that version exists in a 1/6 fabric boot.

I found leather jump boots with the zipper a year or so ago. It was a hunt to find 4 pairs but I did eventually.

7UN2xTE.jpg

I found leather jump boots with the zipper a year or so ago. It was a hunt to find 4 pairs but I did eventually.

7UN2xTE.jpg

Ah, but they don't have the smooth soles. . . .

:p

Wow the scale is really off on Venkman, very disappointing

Must be using cheap mold materials. The shrink rate on what I use is less than one percent. The opposite effect could come in handy though.

Nah...only if one plans on doing some mash up of Ghostbusters and the Avengers...my 4 pack figures will look great in their dedicated display! The size looks awesome!

The HT Ripley is too short, so it makes Venkman look huge. I was going to fit some ankle extensions to her.

I hope Timewalker gets their stock soon!

so now we know this comparison is far from the real thing.

Egon is taller than those two figures, much taller indeed. And the car is far more oversized.

I dont think its a problem if you thisplay these on theirown, but it is for me, since I only got Venkman.

619CBA00-B6EF-44CF-B60A-2436133510B6.jpeg

11F2CAA4-688C-4CD0-A979-5D534614EC6E.jpeg

No, it isn't.

I actually make my own head sculpts and rubber molds and I can tell you with this process the head comes out the exact same size. I have no ideas what recast method he is using......

If you coat a price in latex rubber mold, use resin to recast it, it’s the exact same size....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if you plan on posing him with your Star Wars and Alien figures. :lol

The slightly larger size with some figures gives them more shelf presence to me. This is why I actually like the fact that HT MoS Superman is a bit large.

The scale is perfect on Venkman. HT Han is too short.

The HT Ripley is too short, so it makes Venkman look huge. I was going to fit some ankle extensions to her.

:exactly:

so now we know this comparison is far from the real thing.

Egon is taller than those two figures, much taller indeed. And the car is far more oversized.

I dont think its a problem if you thisplay these on theirown, but it is for me, since I only got Venkman.

BW Egon and Peter are the same height (as were the actors), so Tom's comparison with Han is a good indicator of how gigantic the car appears in the photo from the show.

So it's not just a case of displaying BW separately from under-sized HT, but BW figures also displayed separately from an over-sized ECTO-1...

Must be using cheap mold materials. The shrink rate on what I use is less than one percent. The opposite effect could come in handy though.

I don't know what process they use for recasting HT heads and the like in large quantities, but the size difference has been noticeable. Kit posted about it in his Facebook group, suggesting the percentage loss.

Sometimes it's worked out well, such as with the oversized MJ Choi Indiana Jones sculpt which was recast as the more reasonably scaled 'Treasure Hunter', and then reworked as the ESB 'Space Tracker'.

If Winston was ever recast by those kinds of companies it's likely that the same process would be involved.

Back