Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

So Bill's standing on a box there?

No, that's probably Bill's true height against 5'6" (on a good day) Hoffman. About 5" difference I'd say.

But hey, if you're one of those guys who like their Vader 7 feet tall, then maybe you want your Venkman 6'2"... :lol

No, that's probably Bill's true height against 5'6" (on a good day) Hoffman. About 5" difference I'd say.

So, at least 6' 1.5" if he raised his head up level (the distance from the bottom of his nose to the top of his head).

Unless he's wearing high heels in that shot.

Yes, it's fine to that.

The problem with the belts is that the metal clip holding the strap doesn't hold it very tightly. Even when you crimp the clip tighter it doesn't maintain much friction. So the belt can slip out of the buckle without much force, depositing all the parts on the floor.

Makes it easy to get everything off, but you have to be gentle putting it back together. The first figure I did I think it fell apart four times. Just pulling the suit legs down caused it to come apart. After that the other three figures weren't so bad.

Cool, thanks for the reply!

It had me concerned because I haven't seen very many people in their pictures adjusting anything on the belts. Winston for one never had a walkie talkie in the film, and those carabiner hooks were worn on the right side of their belts not the left; Winston in many shots as far as I can tell, actually didn't have any at all. I know I can't be the only one who pays attention to these details. :lol

Here's a good one to see the 'busters in relation to one another:

dan-aykroyd-harold-ramis-sigourney-weaver-bill-murray-ernie-hudson-BPBR4G.jpg

Isn't Sigourney Weaver pretty tall herself? I think she's listed many places as being around 5'11 or 6'0, and she's wearing heels in that image and is the same height as the rest of the guys sans Egon, who looks to be only slightly taller.

Here, Voight says he's 6'2".... do you see a difference between Murray and Voight with Hoffman? You shouldn't if Murray's telling the truth.

7b3978d5adc100c8ce4e34d18124694c--jon-voight-midnight-cowboy.jpg

Here, Voight says he's 6'2".... do you see a difference between Murray and Voight with Hoffman? You shouldn't if Murray's telling the truth.

7b3978d5adc100c8ce4e34d18124694c--jon-voight-midnight-cowboy.jpg

That'll be the cowboy boots vs. the slippers.

midnight-cowboy-voight-hoffman-1.jpg

Even two inch heels don't put Voight down where Murray is with Hoffman.

PLUS Hoffman says he's 5'6" and he has every reason to lie upwards a bit. He's likely closer to 5'4"

Isn't Sigourney Weaver pretty tall herself? I think she's listed many places as being around 5'11 or 6'0, and she's wearing heels in that image and is the same height as the rest of the guys sans Egon, who looks to be only slightly taller.

Yes, supposedly 5' 11".

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Sigourney-Weaver-34.html

In a 1989 edition of The Dallas Morning News, she commented on her stature, saying: "But I am 5 foot 11 inches tall", and also "I've lost a lot of roles because of my height, I'm 6ft 3 in heels."

So now Murray's 6'3" :rotfl

I do believe Sigourney's 5'11". And in much of the GB movie she looks as tall as Murray, when they don't cheat with an apple box to give him leading man height. You know, in long shots like at the fountain. I never really trust all-white background publicity shots because they always alter those.

Murray might be 6 foot in those heeled combat boots, I'll give him that.

And I don't see Dana wearing heels here:

LincolnCenter.jpg

chapter3-picture-fountain.jpg

Here's a clearer one so you can see no heels for Dana...

Lincoln_20Center_0.jpg

Last edited:

Cool review!

In the review it states that the clasp/buckle for waist belts is a bit fragile. One of the first things I plan on doing is unclasping them to rearrange placement of items on the belt because there's a lot of inaccuracies with the placement of the items on them. Would this be ok to do, or is it recommended they be just left as are?

The buckle I mean is on the proton pack belt around the waist (I's plastic so very pragile I damaged one of the teo prongs putting a proton pack on so be careful) I haven't touched the main belt as I figures everything was where it should be for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's the way to do a review. 8 mins. Boom.

Thanks, to do a great review you'd have to do almost an hour with these guys but I figure I got most of the pros and cons in. Looking foreard to some of the other vids now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are long over due.

Original ETA was Q1 2017.

38594619976_9d7c19371a_o.jpg

Just look at those boots. Based on the KMT Chinese Civil War infantryman I received a few weeks ago, Soldier Story won't disappoint with tailoring, gear or paintwork.

I was just about to post about those....What's the deal have they been canned?
You can buy the recast SS sculpt on eBay other than that I've not seen or heard anything on them? :dunno

I was just about to post about those....What's the deal have they been canned?
You can buy the recast SS sculpt on eBay other than that I've not seen or heard anything on them? :dunno

I don't know.

Egon's still in The Preview section of their front page, which was last updated in September:

https://www.soldierstory-toys.com/

But the ETA on product page hasn't been updated.

I sent them an email on the off chance they might respond.

These are long over due.

Just look at those boots. Based on the KMT Chinese Civil War infantryman I received a few weeks ago, Soldier Story won't disappoint with tailoring, gear or paintwork.

That conversation between you and WG was like listening to your Mum and Dad having an argument. :lol

What are Soldier Story figures like height wise? Would it be possible to mix up the parts with Blitzway? The Venkman recast is on eBay so I'm hopeful these will show up.

That conversation between you and WG was like listening to your Mum and Dad having an argument. :lol

:rotfl

On another forum some of us would just start arguments over nothing for entertainment, and from the outside it looked like things were getting serious!

Tom Day said:
What are Soldier Story figures like height wise? Would it be possible to mix up the parts with Blitzway? The Venkman recast is on eBay so I'm hopeful these will show up.

I only have the one figure, so I can't comment on that. He's a 1930s Chinese Nationalist and measures 12" from the bottom of his shoes to the top of his cap. I think he originally came out in 2013.

These are long over due.

I actually would consider buying these instead.
-
1) the die cast parts on the proton pack
2) the neutra wand being able to light up in the front and the vents towards the handle
3) really if your funds are limited you can buy one or two and not have to shell out the money for ray and Winston.
4) I like the deluxe package with the civilian clothes.

Back