BLADE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is quite remarkable to see these actors & actresses flock to comic book roles. It wasn't that long ago that most of them would say such fare was beneath them. But the way the genre is dominating the box office, it's probably the only way they can afford to maintain their lifestyles plus be able to act in their low budget Indies and off-Broadway vanity projects. :lol

Now imagine Nicholson taking on the Joker role when cbm were considered trash for children lol

Reeve and Keaton not so much because they weren’t A list like Nicholson was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholson literally signed on for Batman immediately after Superman IV: The Quest for Peace came out. That took some balls, lol.

Damn that’s insane lol

Funny enough the opposite will happen with MCU X-Men!

Dark Phoenix now considered the biggest cbm box office disaster of all time yet every actor will be auditioning for MCU X-Men casting, crazy times lol

Last edited:
Damn that’s insane lol

Funny enough the opposite will happen with MCU X-Men!

Dark Phoenix now considered the biggest cbm box office disaster of all time yet every actor will be auditioning for MCU X-Men casting, crazy times lol

Is it really worse than Fant4stic?

Now imagine Nicholson taking on the Joker role when cbm were considered trash for children lol

Reeve and Keaton not so much because they weren’t A list like Nicholson was.

Nicholson literally signed on for Batman immediately after Superman IV: The Quest for Peace came out. That took some balls, lol.

With Nicholson, wasn't there also the Tim Burton factor? Jack's agent probably told him he needed to do one of his films to remain relevant. :lol

Disney took 1500 of Dark Phoenix's theaters and gave them back to EG for their little re-release to push past Avatar. Pretty clever manipulation of their newly acquired Fox film, lol.

Disney took 1500 of Dark Phoenix's theaters and gave them back to EG for their little re-release to push past Avatar. Pretty clever manipulation of their newly acquired Fox film, lol.

Dude no joke the tools at Disney’s disposal are scary they literally are Thanos with an IG they snapped their finger and 10 million dollars in box office receipts instantly materialized for EG lol

Damn! It’s unfair! In this world, today, Blade should be white and a woman!

Joking! I think he is a great choice. I just hope they don’t make it too kid friendly and not too connected to their ****** multiverse.

Damn! It’s unfair! In this world, today, Blade should be white and a woman!

giphy.gif

I want to be excited for this film since Ali is a great actor with sweet screen presence but I can't help but be put off by them not just canonizing Snipes Blade (though there's nothing stopping us from ignoring the new films and saying that Snipes is Blade in our MCU head canon.) He really *is* the first black Marvel screen hero, you'd think they'd want to be able to claim a more official ownership of that fact. Plus he's only two years older than RDJ and probably in even better shape so why the heck not. :confused:

I want to be excited for this film since Ali is a great actor with sweet screen presence but I can't help but be put off by them not just canonizing Snipes Blade (though there's nothing stopping us from ignoring the new films and saying that Snipes is Blade in our MCU head canon.) He really *is* the first black Marvel screen hero, you'd think they'd want to be able to claim a more official ownership of that fact. Plus he's only two years older than RDJ and probably in even better shape so why the heck not. :confused:

The guy broke all kinds of grounds!

Snipes is well beyond a bad ass.

So Gunn’s tweets are ok but not Snipes jail time?

He paid for his crimes and was let out.

I’m sure Goyer already warned Marvel that Snipes behavior on Blade was even worse than Norton’s AND Howards combined so that’s probably it.

Ali must cost more money than Snipes though.

Yeah, and I get that Marvel looks down on anything put out by the WB umbrella (since Snipes Blade was New Line Cinema) but general audiences don't keep track of that stuff and would have probably gone nuts to see Snipes Blade coming face to face with MCU T'Challa, Spider-Man, and whoever else. Plus Marvel seems to be trying to flesh out their own history a bit by going back to previous decades like the 90's with Captain Marvel and Blade could have been included in their own lore as a staple of the late 90's and early 2000's rather than everyone just appearing out of the "multiverse" or whatever they're going to do going forward.

I guess if they're going to recast they at least made a great choice but, meh, IS box set with IMAX ratios please and then I guess they can do whatever they want, lol.

lol

Yeah dude 11 years 22 movies is not too shabby is it lol

Ali was indeed the best choice. I wonder if he and Snipes talked like Howard and Cheadle did.

I don’t know Khev something tells me they’re holding back Snipes maybe Ali is a bad clone lol

Now there are rumors of Daredevil writers being moved into Marvel studios.

If so I wonder if it will still be Cox or a recast?

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in having the actual DAYWALKER Tattoo for the 1/6th scale Blade 2 figure by Hot Toys?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So Gunn’s tweets are ok but not Snipes jail time?

He paid for his crimes and was let out.

I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with jail time. Snipes unfortunately torched his career around the time Blade Trinity came out due to the reputation he'd developed for being extremely difficult to work with. Even though I've heard there are two sides to that story and that he gets a bit of a bum rap though, once his behavior on the set of Trinity was made public and the movie itself didn't do all that well, his goose was cooked. In fact, I think he even tried to take New Line to court over how big of a mess the whole thing turned out to be.

Other than the Expendables movies, the only work he's been able to get the last 15 years or so has bene straight-to-DVD martial arts flicks shot for cheap overseas.

Back