BLADE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have been more excited for this if they weren't shoehorning his daughter in there. My interest at the moment rests on Ali, whom I'm still not sure if he can pull off the physicality. But I'm getting the feeling that they'll try to adapt that MI:13 story with Dracula, which means that they need a great Dracula, otherwise it'll be a failure.

I'd have been more excited for this if they weren't shoehorning his daughter in there. My interest at the moment rests on Ali, whom I'm still not sure if he can pull off the physicality. But I'm getting the feeling that they'll try to adapt that MI:13 story with Dracula, which means that they need a great Dracula, otherwise it'll be a failure.
I'm seeing some rumors pop-up that they are talking with Antony Starr (Homelander) to be Dracula. Not sure if there's actually some truth to that or just wishful thinking/fancasting.

I'm seeing some rumors pop-up that they are talking with Antony Starr (Homelander) to be Dracula. Not sure if there's actually some truth to that or just wishful thinking/fancasting.
Fake, sadly. The rumor, alongside tons of other casting, popped up a few days before SDCC. Someone noticed that the time Blade is scheduled for filming is very close to when The Boys S4 is also supposed to start filming, so it'd be impossible for him to do both. It's all part of the [current hot property actor] thing doing the rounds. Same way there are "rumours" that MCU Johnny Storm will be Joe Keery or Dacre Montgomery since they were both in Stranger Things.

I assume we'll get some more info during D23, but nothing like that. Who's playing Dracula will be revealed through the usual channels, like the Namor casting and everything else. They only "officially" announced the Namor guy now, and the film comes out in ~3 months. If Blade's looking for the same period next year, I imagine we'll hear more news until the end of the year. We already have some confirmed cast members, some casting call rumours and whatever else. So around the time they start filming, we'll get more info. And if they go the MI:13 route, maybe we could see a Brian Braddock cameo.

Although who knows. TBS4 starts filming August 22 and Blade around October. Starr could finish with TB and they could keep his Blade scenes for last. It's not like the villain gets the most amount of screentime. We'll see. He certainly has the look of a psycho vampire.

Rumour-The-Boys-Antony-Starr-To-Play-Blades-Dracula.jpg

I'm rooting for it because going with a younger actor means they're more likely to go for a LoK design with the armour and everything that I'd die to get in figure format. Beyond Dracula I've seen people fancasting him for Mr. Sinister, which could work, but I imagine they'd give him his current characterization in that case which I loathe, so I'd prefer him as Dracula.

Everyone's focused on SW, but I'm wondering to see what they'll end up doing with the Midnight Sons as well. The current rumor is for Gosling as GR. Will Strange be involved or will they focus on the Multiverse storyline with him? We'll see I suppose. As it stands Phase 6 is supposed to be only 5 films which is too small IMO so I'm expecting D23 to clear things up.

Although Stahelski wanted to make the reboot himself, director Bassam Tariq will now helm the film based on a script by Stacy Osei-Kuffour.

“Marvel was very influential in my career,” said Stahelski. “I owe them a great deal. Kevin [Feige] is an awesome guy and I've worked for him many times on second unit.” Although the film is going ahead without him, Stahelski doesn’t hold a grudge…

“I don't know if I would've been the best choice for that in the direction they wanted to go,” he added. “If you want to do the edgy, rated R version, yeah, give me a call. If you want to be non-apologetic, yeah. That's me. But I think they're protecting their brand, they're doing their thing. The individual they selected, I think is a very good director, and I think will do a great job in the direction that I think they want to take the property.”

The only thing on the current MCU plate that I give a darn about right now.

Given the "multi-verse", I wonder if Snipes will be back.

He's still in great shape.

Yes, I really want this to be a hard R version of Blade. I don't think one can do a PG13 version. Please, also, no woke. I love the Blade franchise and I beg of them not to let SJW writers infect the script.

Yes, I really want this to be a hard R version of Blade. I don't think one can do a PG13 version. Please, also, no woke. I love the Blade franchise and I beg of them not to let SJW writers infect the script.
Would love to see Snipes back, but I'm already burnt out on anything to do with the multiverse.

If anything, I really hope the merchandising campaign for this brings out more collectibles from the original Blade trilogy.

Dunno if Snipes will ever be invited back after Blade 3. He refused to film anything but close ups and stayed in his Trailer smoking pot.

Back